WOW what a mess.

Maryms
02-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Vehicles backed up 19 miles on Interstate 90

SusyQ
02-07-2008, 01:57 PM
They should have just stayed home.

02-07-2008, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do they ever know when to stay home? </div></div>Nope, because in the US, when the roads are closed, it's not illegal to drive on them. Therefore, even if the interstate was closed due to weather, it's the people's "right" to drive 'em anyways.

SusyQ
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm talking about using their heads!

Maryms
02-07-2008, 01:59 PM
Yes but they are 90% american and are always on the 6 O clock news when storms hit, must be that 5-15 min fame thing they always dreamed of having... The American Dream awaits them in a storm filled day.

02-07-2008, 02:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm talking about using their heads! </div></div>They're American /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

J*B
02-07-2008, 02:07 PM
That'll learn 'em to get a redneck 4x4 vehicle!!

SusyQ
02-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Speedy's gonna love this one!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

02-07-2008, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speedy's gonna love this one!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif </div></div>Maybe he's stuck too? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

SusyQ
02-07-2008, 02:11 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif never thought of that.

Maryms
02-07-2008, 02:20 PM
Speedy is always stuck in the slow lane, so this storm won't make much of a difference to him... lmao

AngelOnHigh
02-07-2008, 02:57 PM
They were likely on their way home from work, school... what not. my husband drove home from work in similar condtions. there were cars stranded all over the place.

Maryms
02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Well serves them right for going to work in the first place as they all knew a storm was coming.

Wrangler35
02-07-2008, 09:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Speedy is always stuck in the slow lane, so this storm won't make much of a difference to him... lmao </div></div> Watch it:Werner might get on here and...fill the blank!

GRUMPY
02-07-2008, 09:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well serves them right for going to work in the first place as they all knew a storm was coming. </div></div>

WHAT the hell do you know about going to work???
Oh I forgot you once spent a couple of years at a call center till they caught on.

sniderscott2
02-07-2008, 10:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Grumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well serves them right for going to work in the first place as they all knew a storm was coming. </div></div>

WHAT the hell do you know about going to work???
Oh I forgot you once spent a couple of years at a call center till they caught on. </div></div>

You, Sir, should be banned from pc's. I'm voting Communist.

GRUMPY
02-08-2008, 12:26 AM
thats nice

Barry Morris
02-08-2008, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do they ever know when to stay home? </div></div>Nope, because in the US, when the roads are closed, it's not illegal to drive on them. Therefore, even if the interstate was closed due to weather, it's the people's "right" to drive 'em anyways. </div></div>

So we have the polar opposite.

Some young punk OPP from Southern Ontario says there's some ice on the road, it's too slippery for me.

Meanwhile, guys coming SOUTH on 17 North driving 125,000 pound rigs have no trouble whatsoever, until they run over the barricade from the wrong side! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif :).

BTDT.

Barry Morris
02-08-2008, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That'll learn 'em to get a redneck 4x4 vehicle!! </div></div>

Not really.

A buddy of mine was travelling across Highway 69 to Sarnia, in two or three inches of snaow, when he passed a State trooper.

The cop chased him for 20 minutes, finally got him to stop, and chewed him out for driving too fast. my buddy said, "Hey, I'm a canadian cab driver, this is nothing!"

They just can't handle it. Experience means a lot.

BFLPE
02-08-2008, 12:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dusk-Till-Dawn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Do they ever know when to stay home?</div></div>
Yeah, they're not smart like Canadians are eh?
Oh, wait... (http://www.citynews.ca/news/news_18751.aspx)

AngelOnHigh
02-08-2008, 01:23 PM
lmfao tiny tim... lol now that is too funny!

as for handling it... we just don't get that much snow down here usually. I drive that patch of highway a lot (i had to drive that just recently going back and forth to sudbury) people here are used to maybe an inch at a time and it usually melts before they get more. they got 20 inches in an afernoon... i think a bit of forgiveness is due to them attempting to get home or what not... my husband also had to drive home in the crap.. why? because he loves his family and wanted to make sure we were okay (power went out a few times here) and HE WORKS! he works damn hard too to make sure we have a wonderful life... every family i know works. so, driving is usually essential.

GRUMPY
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Angel On High</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> HE WORKS! </div></div>

I just loved that post before from the boy who is famous on here for being a leach and refusing to work because its beneath him.

SusyQ
02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
Got a point there tiny LOL.