PDA

View Full Version : Bell high speed now dial up??????

b&aMom
02-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Anyone else getting Bell High Speed at slower than dial up the last day or two??

Macs II
02-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Bell is for the birds....SHAW rocks
I just did a speedtest

http://www.speedtest.net/result/232166770.png

Miles From Nowhere
02-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I've been having serious problems with my high speed connection even here in Sudbury. I'm considering going cable at this point. It's been a while since I've been with Persona, maybe they're better now.

Miles From Nowhere
02-08-2008, 05:56 PM
I just called tech support and the recorded message told me that they're experiencing technical difficulties in my area and that they appreciate my patience. My patience?!? Rather presumptuous, isn't it? In this day and age of ever increasing fees and ever decreasing service, patience from THIS customer is wearing thin!

crazymamma
02-08-2008, 06:24 PM
you should cal them and complain...you should get some type of credit!

b&aMom
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles From Nowhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been having serious problems with my high speed connection even here in Sudbury. I'm considering going cable at this point. It's been a while since I've been with Persona, maybe they're better now.</div></div>

Miles, are you with Bell?

b&aMom
02-08-2008, 06:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bell is for the birds....SHAW rocks</div></div>

I'll pass on Shaw, thanks. My Mom has Shaw high speed, and quite often it is slower than a turtle. LOL

Very, very rarely do we have any speed issue with Bell, and we've had it for years.

terr994
02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Bell sucks, i have had shaw for awhile now with no speed probs

Macs II
02-08-2008, 06:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll pass on Shaw, thanks. My Mom has Shaw high speed, and quite often it is slower than a turtle. LOL</div></div>

Mine has never been slow...maybe the problem is not SHAW

chase_me
02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
we had the bell, we were getting 2 meg connection shoulda been 7. we had them for 2 mths and othing but problems the whole time so we cancelled

b&aMom
02-08-2008, 06:39 PM
I believe it is Shaw, since it's intermittent and most often occurs in the evening. Middle of the night it's downright zippy.

Super Gram
02-08-2008, 07:25 PM
My shaw speed sucks. I may need a new modem.....got mine in 2000

Macs II
02-08-2008, 07:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My shaw speed sucks. I may need a new modem.....got mine in 2000 </div></div>

yes you do and they will replace it for free

Miles From Nowhere
02-08-2008, 08:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles From Nowhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been having serious problems with my high speed connection even here in Sudbury. I'm considering going cable at this point. It's been a while since I've been with Persona, maybe they're better now.</div></div>

Miles, are you with Bell? </div></div>

Yup, I've been with Bell for years now. I really shouldn't complain, though. I've had to call tech support maybe half a dozen times in twice as many years.

Striker
02-08-2008, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: b&aMom</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bell is for the birds....SHAW rocks</div></div>

I'll pass on Shaw, thanks. My Mom has Shaw high speed, and quite often it is slower than a turtle. LOL

Very, very rarely do we have any speed issue with Bell, and we've had it for years. </div></div>

Consider yourself lucky.Most I speak would say the opposite as you.

rmkryan
02-08-2008, 09:31 PM
I would drop bell in a heart beat. Shaw provides far better service in all aspects and have 24 hour support. You also can talk to someone who speaks English.