PDA

View Full Version : computer problem....power supply or mobo?

jessamp
02-09-2008, 10:20 AM
i'm having trouble diagnosing the problem with my computer.

most of the time it wont start...ie. you push the button but you might as well not have it plugged in because no power is getting tru.

then as you turn around to leave because you;re fed up with it...it starts flashing and spinning fans, and turns on and off repeatingly...

so you walk up and push the button, it starts to boot, but its telling you there are no hard drives hooked up...listning carefully you realize your hard drives arent getting any power.

you reboot once more and windows loads and its as if nothing was wrong....but wait all of a sudden your hard drives lost power again and everything freezes... you reboot and nothing again!

i've also had the odd blue screen stop error....which keeps me guessing....is the power supply done, or is the mobo done?
because nothing has changed in my computer for about a year now, all cables are ok!

anyone know?

AmdWolfman
02-09-2008, 06:56 PM
your HD's still under warranty?

mboy67
02-09-2008, 08:32 PM
first off have the power supply tested if it's good then the motherboard need to be check and so on.

If you need some one to check it out let me know.

filthy
02-10-2008, 11:12 PM
It's not the HD...try again...lol.

Mboy is right, test your PSU, then if not it's your motherboard, may be toastito.