PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Purebred Boxer stud

klinton6969
02-09-2008, 10:11 PM
I have a purebred Boxer female...she will be ready in a month.
Pick of the litter or stud fee...your choice.
I would love to find a white boxer but that isn't a requirement.
So if anyone can help us please let us know and we can do some background checking.

Also the Boxer does not need to have papers as long as he is purebred.

Thanks so much!

klinton6969
02-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Bump

snowtrax
02-22-2008, 09:23 PM
Not trying to be nosy but......in this town papers are better...you cannot sell a purebred dog without papers to back it up....most people here would only buy the pups as a pet anyhow but...before some raving lunatic comes after you for such a reason....and also white boxers are beautiful but ....

White markings, if present, should be of such distribution as to enhance the dog's appearance, but may not exceed one-third of the entire coat. They are not desirable on the flanks or on the back of the torso proper. On the face, white may replace part of the otherwise essential black mask, and may extend in an upward path between the eyes, but it must not be excessive, so as to detract from true Boxer expression. The absence of white markings, the so-called "plain" fawn or brindle, is perfectly acceptable, and should not be penalized in any consideration of color. Disqualifications Boxers that are any color other than fawn or brindle. Boxers with a total of white markings exceeding one-third of the entire coat.

Other issues to be considered with the white Boxer gene include:

1. Some of the white pups, with little or no pigment in their skin, must be kept out of the sun because they sunburn. This is similar to a condition observed in Collies which is called "Collie nose."
2. A certain percentage of the white Boxer puppies are deaf in either one or both ears. In Boxers and other breeds ( Bull Terriers, Dalmatians, Great Danes, Collies, Shetland Sheep Dogs, etc.) in which deaf animals sometimes occur, it is known that deafness results when the cells of the skin lining the ear canals lack pigment.[1]
3. It has been reported that some white Boxer puppies may be blind, however, the are no sound statistics to establish this as a severe problem as this condition appears to occur at a very low frequency in the Boxer.

As a result of these observations, breeders are encouraged not to use the white Boxer in their breeding programs. A breeder may choose to place white puppies in homes as companion animals. But the practice of placing white puppies should be done carefully. A responsible breeder should require that any white or mis marked puppy must be spayed or castrated if placed as a companion animal.

ABC policy strictly forbids registering white Boxers with the American Kennel Club, as well as selling white Boxers or breeding white Boxers. The ABC also requires that white puppies not be included in the count on the AKC litter application form. The ABC has never condoned or encouraged the culling of white puppies.

and before you get upset or angry please don't as I am a boxer owner and I have also thought of breeding my baby girl she is gorgeous as I am sure yours is as well....A white boxer can be very pretty as well but there are risks too consider....The color of a Boxer's coat has nothing to do with the wonderful Boxer personality we all have grown to covet and love. to read this information yourself it is on the AKC Boxer website and also the American Boxer Club...I have done no research on CKC as my dog is registered with AKC...I wish you well with finding a proud decent stud for your girl.. I have also looked for a stud in this town with no luck I hope yours is better...Boxers are a wonderful breed of dog!!!

snowtrax
02-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Please don't be upset with me I am just putting out some of the research I have found when I was doing my research on this breed

Browster
02-22-2008, 09:56 PM
Iam upset /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

J/K

snowtrax
02-22-2008, 10:09 PM
ahhhh!!!! I am sorry /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

CMNS
02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
I own this dog and I've researched the issues surrounding the low pigment. We have had her hips and eyes tested before we even put out an AD to breed her. All her needles & checkups are up to date...She is a healthy dog and if we manage to find a suitable stud we won't be expecting an outrageous amount of money just because they make a gorgeous puppy/dog.
We realize her pups can't be sold for what a registered boxer could.
I'm not upset nor do I take offence to your post. It's the ones that feel it's their job to judge someones situation without really knowing.

CMNS
02-23-2008, 11:18 PM
We also wouldn't hide any information or concerns surrounding a white boxer.

snowtrax
02-24-2008, 12:29 AM
sweet!!! I do hope you find a good Boxer stud though... I didn't have any luck at all when I attempted to breed my girl... ah well if it was meant to be it would have been eh! white boxers are beautiful though.... my girl is fawn personally... and I am going to be looking for another one eventually ... quick question though I have read many places that it is hard to bring a baby boxer pup into a home where there is already an adult....have you ever tried....and what do you think...I don't wanna upset my baby....but I would like her to have a playmate ..and one that can keep up to her stamina....from one boxer owner to another... and once again good luck!!!:):):)

debrac
02-24-2008, 06:08 AM
wicked has done here research. Rather your dog is regesterd or not. If you are going to breed her I dont think breeding her to a white make is a good idea. for instance. you will raise a litter sired form a white male.poof you have all fawns and brindles. no white. ah that was great , now some one buys a pup raises and breeds it. poof a white pup appears. this pup is deaf and also has other on going issues, then people ask where did you get your pup? oh from wicked. well there you go your nake is now being veiwed as poor breeder. please do not try to bring in the white linaage, it is a fault and why do you want to pup fault into your lines. breeding her reg or not you will have no trouble finding homes . i have people ask about boxers all the time. good luck. remember brindle and fawn rule ,

CMNS
02-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Not having much luck either & I agree...if it's meant to be we'll find a good match. I've read countless pages and spoke with boxer breeders and even checked with her vet about the bad gene that seems to be associated with the low pigment and seems everyone has there own opinions about it. A white pup is gorgeous so that was my initial hope...fawns and brindel are beautiful, I just haven't found the right one yet. As for introducing a new pup to the mix I beleieve it mostly has to revolve around your boxers temperment. Definately going to take some patience. Our friends were just here with there Victorian bulldog...our pooch let us know she didn't like her in her home...yet a cpl hours before she we were out at Runway and she was all over the dogs trying to play. Let me know how it turns out with the new pup.

snowtrax
02-24-2008, 09:17 PM
well I haven't gotten the new pup yet it still something we are thinking about... we have only had our girl for just under a year and she is fantastic....I just don't want to ruin a good thing...In fact we got her from Debra Cox (she posts on here quite frequently)well she pointed us in the right direction anyhow...if we do indeed get a pup I will let you know how it turns out...