PDA

View Full Version : Formatted comp and have more problems

Giggle Squirt
02-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Last night I got my comp reformated and now i can't install java and my speakers dont' work on my lap top... My drivers are installed and aparently they say they are working but I have no clue what so ever.. aslo itis running like way slower then it was before i wiped everything off it... If some one could offer my any help or anything ... oh and the error message is that it can not detect any sound devices.... also i basically can't download anything.. evey time i try to download something like itunes, java, limewire, messenger, ect.. it won't run...

binky
02-10-2008, 07:07 AM
'you got it refomated' do you mean you did it or sombody else supposedly did it? What brand of laptop is it and what version of windows do you have. Did you use recovery discs or a retail to reinstall and most of all did you do a backup before reformating?

Giggle Squirt
02-10-2008, 08:32 AM
I didn't do it... it is a toshiba satellite.. backed up most of the stuff i wanted.. windows xp.. I have the disks that came with the comp but they were not used..... Is their a simple fix for this?

binky
02-10-2008, 10:42 AM
my first impression was that the discs that came with the computer were not used and suggest that first you reformat with the discs provided. Its easy and if you want a step by step I'd be happy to give instructions.

mboy67
02-10-2008, 04:14 PM
sounds like not all the right drivers are installed.

Giggle Squirt
02-10-2008, 06:50 PM
thanks for the advice.. hopefully it can get fixed tonight.