PDA

View Full Version : nucomm requires drivers liscence?

bluekrissyspikes
02-13-2008, 12:28 PM
is that for real? i just applied there and when i was done it said they require a drivers licsence. if so that sucks. another job i can't have..grrr!!! i know i'm trying to start at the bottom cause i've never had a real (legit) job before and it seems every time i turn around i get sh@t all over for some reason.

DemonBaby666
02-13-2008, 12:57 PM
I just applied there, I have testing today, there wasn't any mention of driver's licenses, there's a box on the application form that asks if you have reliable transportation, like car, bus, pedestrian.....I didn't see anything about a license nor did anyone tell me I needed one, so I'm not sure, Blue.

Krysta
02-13-2008, 01:09 PM
I dont think you need one at all.
I work there and I don't drive.

Barry Morris
02-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Ask them if a motorcycle licence will do. That's easy to get.

Strife
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
You just need a piece of government ID. The purpose is so that they can run a criminal background check on you

bowtie
02-13-2008, 01:15 PM
get a drivers licence?

bluekrissyspikes
02-13-2008, 01:49 PM
ok, well hopefully they don't ask. i just applied online and when the application is done it says i promise that this is filled out truthfully and realize a drivers licence is needed. i wrote a little note saying i don't have one, so hopefully they'll get back to me anyways.

NoName
02-13-2008, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowtie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">get a drivers licence? </div></div>

If you mean a driver's license to drive a class G vehicle, and she does not have a driver's license, she would most likely have to start at G1...Not everyone has someone who is willing and meets the criteria to be an "accompanying driver" until she gets her G2...

I find it strange that a call centre would ask for a driver's license, since it is not a requirement for the job.

Strife
02-13-2008, 06:50 PM
Like stated before, you only need a piece of government ID so that they can perform a criminal background check on you.

LIKETOWIN
02-13-2008, 07:09 PM
u dont need a license to work at nu comm get real if u think that half the people who work there catch the bus.

NoName
02-13-2008, 07:12 PM
I don't see any reason why she couldn't use a passport as valid photo ID and lots of people who catch the bus have driver's licenses, they just can't afford to drive a car or see no need for a car.