PDA

View Full Version : stress and pregnancy

MissMuffett
02-21-2008, 07:22 PM
Ive been going through tons of stress lately. I am currently 7 months pregnant.. Does anyone know how this will affect my baby??

metal_gods
02-21-2008, 07:28 PM
just be postive Eyez .. everything will be fine

Peety
02-21-2008, 07:35 PM
Try to rest as much as you can.Is this your first?

Jackie B
02-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I went through a lot of stress with my last pregnancy, and the baby was by far my most needy child of the four. Not sure if thats related to the stress, or just how he's wired.

Chaotic Chick
02-21-2008, 09:22 PM
When I was pregnant with my 3rd child, I was very stressed as well as depressed. The doctors and my nurse kept telling me it would affect the baby and of course that stressed me out even more! I was even told it could affect her later in life and cause depression. But she was the calmest, happiest baby. She is 12 now and she is the most laid back of my 4 children, the happiest and a straight A+ student.

It is hard, but try to relax and hopefully it will not affect the baby at all. When I had time to relax during that pregnancy, as stressful as it was, I would rub my belly and listen to calming music or have a warm bath.

givememore
02-21-2008, 09:40 PM
I was like that with my third, (and now on my fifth). I was always really anxious, having panic attacks, etc. I left a crappy relationship that I was in for 7 years a week before I found out I was pregnant. All I could do was tell myself that I had to be strong and relaxed as much as I could as I had a baby who could feel my emotions.
It isn't healthy to be stressed and depressed during pregnancy. Research cortisol, a naturally released stress hormone, shows it increases the risk of preterm babies, yadda yadda. Even worse is facing possible PPD after the baby is born, which I can again atest to as being a terrible thing until it is controlled.
I don't want to worry you, but stay calm, try not to stress, treat yourself, just leave the big things in God's hands.

tippikitty
02-21-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow 5 kids!!! You're not kidding when you say "givememore". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

I was also told the same thing as C.C.. It will effect your baby now and also later on in the child's life.

Just try to relax and remember to breath. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

givememore
02-21-2008, 11:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow 5 kids!!! You're not kidding when you say "givememore". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

Note to self....don't say it again. That is, I thought I was safe the last time since I was on the pill, as my little guy is 15 months and I had a tubal booked that the Dr. pushed back twice. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..I blame her.

givememore
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey...it got moved right before my eyes!

Jackie B
02-22-2008, 12:19 AM
I have a friend that went for her appointment for a partial hysterectomy after having 5 children and the doctor said "Sorry, I can't take it out. It's occupied!" After delivering # 6 she couldn't get in to see that doctor fast enough. Even then they pushed the surgery back twice, and only tied the tubes.

hp2
02-22-2008, 07:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: givememore</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *~TippiKitty~*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow 5 kids!!! You're not kidding when you say "givememore". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

Note to self....don't say it again. That is, I thought I was safe the last time since I was on the pill, as my little guy is 15 months and I had a tubal booked that the Dr. pushed back twice. SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO..I blame her. </div></div>

LOL... then you get me and I had the tubal.. and double clamps.. MY my baby is almost 3 walking around... Tubal done dec03 baby born may 05 with out reversal... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif