PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a place to rent

crystal doll
02-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Looking for apartment or house no more 800 a month everything paid, must be at least 2 bedroom and take pets

crystal doll
03-01-2008, 03:25 PM
still looking

Strife
03-02-2008, 02:48 AM
Look on SooToday.com. They usually have some pretty decent places listed. Also FYI, a landlord can not deny you or evict you for having pets. Hope you find what you are looking for

crystal doll
03-11-2008, 03:12 PM
Yes i know that about pets , there is a list and some dogs are on it , not the kind i have but some breeds

GoldDogs
03-11-2008, 08:20 PM
A landlord can deny you for having pets. they can't evict you if you get one once you're already there.

crystal doll
05-10-2008, 03:22 PM
it is against the law for a landlord to say you cant have pets, he can ask you to fix any damages pets make.
He cannot evict you for having pets.

crystal doll
05-10-2008, 03:24 PM
PETS AND "NO PETS CLAUSES":
Q6: The landlord says I must either move out or get rid of my pet; Do I?

A6: Only if the pet is dangerous, causes allergic reactions or causes problems for other tenants or the landlord, must you get rid of your pet or consider moving elsewhere as per Landlord application to terminate tenancy based on animals.

Even if you signed a lease with a "no pets" clause, if the pet is not a problem for anybody they can not enforce it; such no pets clauses are invalid under the law.

You do not have to move or get rid of the pet unless the Board issues a written order to do so.

crystal doll
05-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Can a landlord evict a tenant for having a pet?

A tenant can be evicted for having a pet in their unit only if:

* the pet is making too much noise, damaging the unit, or causing an allergic reaction, or
* the animal or species is considered to be inherently dangerous.

Even if the tenancy agreement has a ‘no pets’ rule in it, the tenant cannot be evicted just for having a pet unless the Board decides in an order that the pet is causing a problem, or that the pet is inherently dangerous.