PDA

View Full Version : Pod X3 Live

Boondock
02-24-2008, 04:30 PM
I got one of these mofo's about a month ago for about $700 and its taken me about that time to learn how to use it but HOLY HELL is it fun. Almost any artist I can think of I can dial in the tone in no time at all and it sounds spot on. Also the recording quality with it is amazing. Plus the fact you can have 2 tones at once or run a bass and vocals all through it and you have pure gold!

I've had a few other processors and this one just absolutely blows the socks off of anything I've played before. Just figured I'd pass the info along incase any of you haven't heard of it. When I went to order it and Music Depot the guys there hadn't heard of it so I assume I'm the only one in the soo that has one unless someone Ebay'd.

http://www.feelmusic.fr/upload/4211_gd.jpg

\m/ Rich \m/
02-24-2008, 05:49 PM
sharp lookin unit man, looks fun for sure!

Dillio
02-25-2008, 03:01 PM
I'm sure it is a nice unit, I had the XT Live about a year ago before some PoS decided to break in my car door for it. I replaced it with a Boss GT-8. The Pod did have some decent preamp mods but I always bypassed the preamp, I'm not a fan of digital modeling and why use it when you have the real thing. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

It's huge pro was the quality of the direct recording and awesome GUI editor. They are nice units indeed and compared to the GT-8's effects each unit has their strong & weak points.