PDA

View Full Version : swollen gums on a baby

goodasgold
03-01-2008, 11:33 PM
My daughter today was complaining alot when she was eating. At breakfast time she had bit her tongue, so I figured that was bothering her still. Well, tonight she was non-stop complaining so I looked closer. It almost looks like she split her top lip and now it's looks swollen and blistered. She also has a little canker from biting her tongue and her gums look swollen in the front. Normally, if my gums get a bit swollen I gargle with salt water. She's only two though and I'm not sure what I can do or use for her. Any suggestions?

blueeyedgirl
03-02-2008, 12:31 AM
My son started with swelling of the gums when he was about 2 or 3 years old and about a week later had sores in his mouth. I took him to the dentist because i noticed the swelling of the gums before the sores started. For the life of me right now i can't think of what it was called but there was nothing i could do but offer him freezies. The whole thing lasted for about 2 weeks. So if her gums are still swollen i would suggest taking her in to her dentist on monday.