Add the following to the pot and cook until potatoes are tender:
1 box of chicken stock
Fresh Thyme
5 medium peeled and diced potatoes
Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste

Puree mixture then add:
3 cups milk
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese

Chopped fresh parsley to garnish if you want (I hate parsley)

This recipe is soooooo much better with the fresh products. Try not to use dry herbs if you can.

MaO3
03-04-2008, 10:24 AM
Adi this sounds really great. Does it re-heat ok or is it best eaten at one sitting?

adigirl
03-04-2008, 12:14 PM
Reheats even better.

MaO3
03-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Great. I was thinking about making it for the weekend but wanted to make sure it could be reheated.

adigirl
03-04-2008, 02:45 PM
There will be none left in this house by bedtime lol

MaO3
03-04-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't imagine there would be much left around here either. I was thinking about making it and taking it to camp for the weekend.

Its not real diety though is it? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

goodasgold
03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
How long would you let it cook after you add the milk and cheese? I've never made a soup, but this sounds good. Maybe with some bacon in it too.

A*lil*Loopy
03-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Sounds like my Moms recipe, but she fries up breakfast sausage, cuts it up and mixes it in. Tastes incredible.....making me hungry.

thanks, now I know what I'm making this weekend.

adigirl
03-07-2008, 05:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goodasgold</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How long would you let it cook after you add the milk and cheese? I've never made a soup, but this sounds good. Maybe with some bacon in it too. </div></div>

Just until it is reheated. I don't bring it back to a rolling boil after the milk and cheese.

adigirl
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't imagine there would be much left around here either. I was thinking about making it and taking it to camp for the weekend.

Its not real diety though is it? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

Anything is diety if you think it is /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif Just go for a long walk. I had 4 cups of soup today. *giggle*