PDA

View Full Version : penne with pancette and gorgonzola sauce?

heintzman
03-05-2008, 01:35 AM
I had this dish while visiting a friend in sudbury, any one have a recipe for me to duplicat this ? it was so creamy and delcious!

cheeky
03-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I make this, it's very simple and delicious!! All I do is make a simple white sauce adding 1 to 1/2 cups of cheese at the end to melt. While the cheese is melting in the sauce pan fry thin strips of pancetta until slightly crisp or crisp whichever you prefer. Add pancetta to sauce when cheese is melted and it's smooth and creamy, mix with penne! Fast, simple and delicious!!

heintzman
03-07-2008, 12:11 AM
thanks Cheeky, i was planning on adding some roasted asparagus, and a few sliced portobella muushrooms as well.

heintzman
03-15-2008, 05:39 AM
Cheeky, i have to tell you that i made this for a dinner party, and it was such a success, everyone went nuts for the recipe.
here is what i did.
I roasted the asparagus on a baking sheet, with olive oil and salt and pepper for 10 min. @ 400 degrees.
cut into 1 inch pieces, set aside,
2 portobello mushrooms, or more, scooped out gills, they make a white sauce grey,,fried in pan with a bit of EVOO , after cooked , cut into bite size pieces, set aside.
put a whole stick of butter in pan, melt, add 2 cups of heavy cream,,cook until it starts to thicken,, add 5 oz. or more of gorgonzola cheese,,take off burner, stir,, add to penne,, then before serving add a few more oz. of chopped gorgonzola cheese, cooked muchrooms, asparagus, pancetta, and finely sliced sundried tomatoes!! WOW

cheeky
03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Wow...sounds delicious!! I'll have to give that a try.

Jackie B
03-15-2008, 11:31 PM
Where do you get gorgonzola? After watching Wallace and Grommit I've always wantd to try it. LOL I've looked every time I'm in the grocery stores, and I've never seen it. I've even asked at a deli or two and they just look at me like I have three heads. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

heintzman
03-16-2008, 12:34 AM
I get it only at A&P now after getting a few bad wedges from other stores. It is right across from the deli, where the specialty cheeses are.

really?
03-29-2008, 01:06 PM
Corky - ever since I read your version of this recipe I've been thinking about it. Tried it last night for company and it was absolutley delicious. This recipe is a keeper!

heintzman
03-30-2008, 03:07 AM
Thanks really? for commenting back,,, It is a keeper, and it is a very good dish for impressing company! glad to hear your enjoyed it.