03-05-2008, 01:28 PM
http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/plasma-tv-is-dead

Andre
03-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Mis-leading headline.
Far from dead.

cybolynx
03-05-2008, 01:41 PM
well if manufactures are pulling out from producing them ...

umm what do you think ...

Koss
03-05-2008, 02:02 PM
okay... but my 42 inch pansonic Plama still kicks my 32 inch Sony LCD's butt.

Andre
03-05-2008, 02:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CyboLynx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well if manufactures are pulling out from producing them ...

umm what do you think ... </div></div>

I think you should read that article again.
1 manufacturer and it was in 5th place and losing money.

filthy
03-05-2008, 03:33 PM
I have a Samsung 52"LCD 1080p and it is the best TV I have ever seen, watched Spiderman 3 on Blu-Ray other day, it is freakin wicked awesome....

mboy67
03-05-2008, 05:41 PM
I love my 42" LCD 1080P that i have in my bed room

shadowjak
03-05-2008, 06:28 PM
"The problem is that Pioneer, while predicting several hundreds of thousands of plasma TV sales, was up against rival Panasonic who had a planned sales volume of more than 5 million units".

For those concerned, this doesn't mean that Pioneer will exit the plasma business. It simply means that they are, in the interim at least, looking to leave the plasma panel manufacturing business, opting instead to purchase their panels from a company like Matsu****a (Panasonic).

Plasma is dead.I dont think so.
One company quits manufacturing panels.
But they are still buying plasma panels from Panasonic.

filthy
03-06-2008, 03:56 AM
I think sales are slowing because consumers have been educated that LCD displays have advantages over plasma displays, but plasma displays are cheaper. Either way, sales slow, production slows...common practice. They could become a high demand item again, or may die off completely. No one knows right now, as with any merchandise/product.

DeleteAccout
03-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Plamsa is better than LCD in my opinion. However heavier, because the screen's are made of glass and not plastic. There's also the side effect of Burn in which was eliminated not too long ago. After all the advances they made to perfect the technology ..... they're going to kill it? I think not. That's like perfecting DirectX 10 and then saying, ok we got that done, lets go back to 9 for kicks and giggles.

I dont trust that article. You shouldn't either. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

General Lee
03-12-2008, 07:15 AM
i would never buy a plasma they suck

DeleteAccout
03-12-2008, 07:31 AM
you've also never owned one. Try comparing your tv to a 50'' plasma .... no competition /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

General Lee
03-12-2008, 07:37 AM
i have a sweet 32 inch lcd made by sharp and i would pick it over a 50 inch pile of scrap

General Lee
03-12-2008, 07:38 AM
i did my reseach before i bought this one i looke at at least 100 tv's before i bought this one went to every store in the sault

the wife did not want to give up the wal unit so i settled for a 32 inch and am happy with it also i do belive lcd outlasts plasma aswell

tired-n-cranky
03-12-2008, 09:00 AM
zomg.. my dad can beat up your dad.. get it?

Sorry but my 42" Samsung Plasma with it's 15000:1 contrast ratio kicks an LCD's but any day when it comes to anything HD.

filthy
03-12-2008, 10:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NeTDaWg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Sorry but my 42" Samsung Plasma with it's 15000:1 contrast ratio kicks an LCD's but any day when it comes to anything HD. </div></div>

Sorry but my Samsung 52" 1080p LCD TV with 15000:1 dynamic contrast ratio, 8ms response and a resolution of 1920x1080 kicks EVERY plasma TV's butt EVERY day when it comes to EVERYTHING.

I don't think plasma is dead, but LCD is better.

JohnnyCash
03-12-2008, 01:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mis-leading headline.
Far from dead. </div></div>

LOL another person who probably bought hd dvd's. PLASMA IS DEAD&gt; When teh leading company who makes them "Pioneer" pulls out its the end of the end. Just realize it was bad technology to begin with.

DeleteAccout
03-17-2008, 09:11 PM
they arent the leading company dude. They were number 5. Re-Read big guy.

"Pioneer is the world's fifth-largest plasma TV manufacturer"

HD DVD's died because they were launched with BluRays. BluRay was a new generation of media .... but it was stable, and it's VERY good at what it does. More space, more options, and better quality. HD DVD couldn't keep up.

That was a fluke that you could even use that as an excuse lol

Andre
03-18-2008, 04:19 AM
I never bought either one.

HD-DVD's died because of the huge influx of cash from Sony to the studios.
Blu-ray players were not moving off store shelves very steadily. The majority of Blu-ray Disc movie purchases have to date been for consumers who own a Playstation 3, which has BD playback capabilities. In a move to expedite HD DVD's downfall, Blu-ray manufacturers and retailers aggressively cut prices earlier this year, to the point where it was possible to buy a standalone BD player for less than $300.

Now that Blu-ray has won, we all will suffer.
Already prices have increase on BD players.
pricegraccer.com
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f308/Andrjohson/Pics4/blu-ray.jpg

Something else that sucks is that all of these players will reach a certain level of obsolescence later this year, as soon as the new BD Profile is released.
Yah, another blu-ray format.
In the next 6 months or so Blu-ray movies will carry a new slate of advanced features, most notable being the ability to connect to the Internet. However, none of the Blu-ray players on the market today(with the exception of the PS3) can connect online. This means that not only will they be unable to access Web-enabled features in the future but they also cannot receive firmware upgrades.
Right now is about the worst time to invest in a standalone Blu-ray player, because of the high prices and looming obsolescence. Many of the current Blu-ray manufacturers have announced new players that will support BD Profile 2.0, so I'd wait for the next-gen players or buy a PS3.

\m/ Rich \m/
03-18-2008, 05:16 AM
ah yes, downloading. Pretty awesome.

(yes, blatant)

Simba
03-18-2008, 08:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a sweet 32 inch lcd made by sharp and i would pick it over a 50 inch pile of scrap </div></div>

I have the same one and yes they do rock!

The Piper
03-18-2008, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: General Lee</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i have a sweet 32 inch lcd made by sharp and i would pick it over a 50 inch pile of scrap </div></div>

Translation: I could only afford a 32" so I have to bash what I really wanted....