PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Pox or a bad rash???

goodasgold
03-11-2008, 01:20 PM
My daughter woke up this morning covered head to toe in a red rash. Not sure though if it's actually a rash or could it be chicken pox. I remember having chicken pox, but mine were red bumps and itched like crazy. Alexis has had the chicken pox vaccine though, so could it change the way they look. She doesn't seem to be cranky, no fever either. She really blotchy though and has some that look more like spots. If she stays still long enough, I might be able to get a pic of it. Neither of my boys have anything right now. It's so wierd. Under the arms, neck, even her private area.

BrAt
03-11-2008, 02:40 PM
That happened to my friends daughter and it just got progressively worse. Turns out she had Scarlet Fever!!!

Does she have any other symptoms?

Also, with the Scarlet Fever.. it's more rash-like and not so much bumpy like chicken pox. It's red spots that are very close together almost making it look blotchy. Look it up on the internet and see if you can find some pics of it to compare.

Hope she's feeling better soon. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

goodasgold
03-11-2008, 04:48 PM
She doesn't seem too. She's been sleeping for a couple of hours now. If it's still bad tomorrow, I'll call the doctor. She seems not to have much of an appetiate now. Poor thing too. She just finished 10 days of antibiotics (yesterday) because of a viral infection. Her mouth was so sore, she couldn't chew.

mags
03-12-2008, 12:48 PM
How is your little girl today?

goodasgold
03-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Still covered head to toe, so I took her to the doctors. Turns out she is allegeric to the amoxicillian she was on. Since it doesn't seem itchy or bothering her, he said to let it run it's course. She's the only one of my kids to have shown an allergy. He said if she ever ended up in the hospital to remember to let them know. I'm pretty sure this is not something I'll forget any time soon.

mags
03-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Her rash will be gone soon and she will be her normal self again. Glad to hear she is well.

heintzman
03-14-2008, 03:49 AM
when my boy broke out in chicken pox for the 3rd time,,, yes 3... i googled images, and confirmed the bumps to be the same as those chickenpox pics!