PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia does make pure Video cards

filthy
03-23-2008, 03:59 PM
Nvidia does make pure Video cards. I have a XFX 8800 GTS 512MB, and am ordering another one for SLI. In the research for PSU requirements, I noticed this article.

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/610/1/

Quote "The back of the XFX GeForce 8800 GTS 512MB Alpha Dog [censored] Edition Graphics Card shows off the green PCB, which means that our sample is made by NVIDIA. Eventually XFX will have their own black PCB, but the initial cards will feature this snappy NVIDIA green PCB.

It should be noted that I got my first one within days of initial launch, and it is a green PCB, I will like to see this Wednesday or Thursday if my scond one will have the black PCB.

Either way, if Nvidia sent me all their parts to make a video card, and I just assembled it, I would say it was Pure Nvidia.

Any and all comments and discussion welcome.

filthy
03-23-2008, 04:01 PM
Also Killswitch has his twin Sapphire HD3870 coming for Crossfire and we will both be posting benchmarking results.

I have seen that this 8800GTS 512MB SLi setup will beat one 9800x2 in 3Dmark06 and game tests. I'd love to see that with my own eyes.

mboy67
03-23-2008, 04:48 PM
Nvidia does not make any of there own Cards for either retail or OEM production. what the review sites get are engineering samples only. anyone who think they have in their possession a true made Nvidia card then they would have a engineering sample which the only way of getting one is directly from Nvidia.

mboy67
03-23-2008, 04:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> And now about the cards themselves. We have tested three video cards from three manufacturers listed in the title of the article. I repeat that all 8800-series products are currently manufactured at third-party plants (Foxconn, Flextronics) ordered by NVIDIA. This company receives these cards and then sells them to its partners. That's why practically all GeForce 8800 cards are identical, because they are manufactured at two plants under strict NVIDIA control. </div></div>

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/video/g80-7.html

filthy
03-23-2008, 05:52 PM
OK so after some reviewer or such is finished with it's reference card...where does it go from there. Could end up in anyones' hands.

filthy
03-23-2008, 05:56 PM
Also again I state that if all of the components are supplied from Nvidia and they as you say "are manufactured at two plants under strict NVIDIA control" then in my opinion it is 99.999% made by Nvidia. Doesn't matter if somenoe else pieced it together.