PDA

View Full Version : Dems Falling Like Dominoes

GenX
03-24-2008, 03:40 PM
Move over, Democratic Wonderboy Eliot Spitzer, Kwame's in 'da house!

Criminal charges were filed today against Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick and his former Chief of Staff Christine Beatty in connection with the "text message scandal" that has enveloped the Mayor's office.

There are 12 criminal counts in all, including obstruction of justice, conspiracy, misconduct in office and perjury.

"It is perjury if there is lying, and perjury is a crime," said Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy in announcing the charges, "Even children understand that lying is wrong."

"Our investigation has clearly shown that public dollars were used, peoples lives were ruined," said Worthy, downplaying the arguments of those who claimed that the mayor's alleged affair with his chief of staff was a "private matter."

Worthy says their investigation has lead to other potential defendants, and they will continue with their investigation.

"We have taken instructions and orders from no one," said Prosecutor Worthy, who said they reviewed 40 thousand pages of documents, and talked to many witnesses.

"We started out with clean slates and clean minds," said Worthy, who told reporters they made a thorough decision, "Our decision is well reasoned, supported by the evidence and autonomous."

Worthy's been investigating claims they lied under oath during a whistle-blowers' trial last summer when they denied having a romantic relationship. Published excerpts of sexually explicit text messages left on Beatty's city-issued pager in 2002 and 2003 appear to contradict their testimony.

Kilpatrick has said he expects to be vindicated.

A conviction of lying under oath can bring up to 15 years' imprisonment. Detroit's charter calls for the mayor to be removed from office if convicted of a felony.

Prosecutor Worthy says that she and her staff have pored over more than 40,000 pages of documents since late January when the Detroit Free Press published excerpts of the sexually explicit text messages left on Beatty's city-issued pager in 2002 and 2003.

The messages contradict statements Kilpatrick and Beatty gave under oath during last summer's whistle-blowers' trial when each denied a romantic relationship.

Worthy says her investigation has been ``all encompassing'' in terms of possible charges and individuals looked at for possible wrongdoing.

"Certainly, we looked at the coverage and the transcripts (of the trial), among many other things,'' Worthy said, prior to making the announcement, adding that copies of the text messages also have been reviewed. She refused to comment on their contents.

"There is nothing happy about this situation,'' Worthy said, "Something like this is just not good for anyone. It's tragic for the city, whether we charge or not. What happens in this city, county and region is very important to me.

"At the same time, it's still not going to stop me from doing what I think is the right thing to do.''

LINK (http://www.wwj.com/pages/1869804.php?contentType=4&contentId=1762338)

GenX
03-24-2008, 03:42 PM
"A senior adviser to Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton has agreed to plead guilty to drunken driving after the arresting officer was ordered to Iraq making a trial on a more serious charge impossible, police said Monday.

Under the plea, Sidney Blumenthal, a journalist and former White House adviser to President Clinton, will lose his right to drive for 16 months."

LINK (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080324/ap_on_el_pr/clinton_aide)

<span style='font-size: 8pt'>(burp) </span>

GenX
03-24-2008, 03:52 PM
So, how is New York's new Governor doing?

Well...

" An attractive Olympic gold-medalist says she had a close personal relationship with Gov. Paterson earlier this year - during which time she recorded a series of secret telephone conversations with him

Track-and-field athlete Diane Dixon, of Brooklyn, also told The Post that she had received a private message yesterday morning from Paterson, asking if she was speaking with the media

Dixon, 43, said Paterson, 53, was “mostly responsible” for getting her a badly needed job earlier this month with the city Department of Education in Crown Heights’ District 17. "

LINK (http://www.kxmb.com/News/Nation/220708.asp)

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Here we go again!

Huggy85
03-24-2008, 03:55 PM
Nobody needs to respond to your posts. We all know that you'll do it. Do you carry on conversations with yourself at home as well?

GenX
03-24-2008, 03:57 PM
You can't respond, because my posts show how incredibly shallow most of your theories and threads are!

Barry Morris
03-24-2008, 04:28 PM
Huggy, please don't interrupt.

Speedy's record is 11 posts in a row talking to himself.

He's going for a new record!!!

GenX
03-24-2008, 04:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huggy, please don't interrupt.

He's going for a new record!!! </div></div>

Translation: "Will someone, ANYONE, please befriend me??? With Aydeloof gone I need someone to carry my weight!"

Wrangler35
03-24-2008, 05:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Huggy, please don't interrupt.

He's going for a new record!!! </div></div>

Translation: "Will someone, ANYONE, please befriend me??? With Aydeloof gone I need someone to carry my weight!" </div></div>

Why did aydeloof leave!

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:08 PM
A minister taking comfort and feeling victory in slaying lay Christians who disagree with him is really no victory or reason to feel comforted at all.

It took a while, but he figured it out.

Barry Morris
03-25-2008, 04:38 PM
And if you believe that, buy some Florida swamp land Speedy has for sale.

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:42 PM
Hit a nerve, ehhhh???? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Morris
03-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Getting your kicks?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
03-25-2008, 09:33 PM
dont republicans believe in war?

Hans
03-25-2008, 10:13 PM
No, they believe in victory after war. Like the victories in Vietnam and Iraq.

jaydee
03-25-2008, 10:50 PM
yes! victory after war so the Texas oil companies get richer, right! blood for oil.....

GenX
03-26-2008, 05:50 PM
Wow! Such astute political minds!

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:25 PM
We learned that from you.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
great comeback

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I did not realize you were working on a comeback. Welcome back, I guess.