PDA

View Full Version : Rich Get Richer

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:18 PM
"The tax burden on wages has eased in most of the world's industrial countries this decade, including here, but Canada is among a minority where most of the relief has gone to high-income earners and the least to lower-income workers, according to the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development."

LINK (http://www.financialpost.com/story.html?id=396698)

Now, if one were to listen to this august board, one would be led to believe this only happens int he U.S. It is a source of pride for Canadians to decry how the U.S. economic system is so harsh on those less well-off.

Well...seems another Canadian myth has found its rightful home: the garbage.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Barry Morris
03-25-2008, 04:34 PM
""But in a significant minority of countries, tax reforms have mainly benefited high-income groups," it said in the report, citing Canada, and a handful of other industrial nations, including the U.S.

Including WHO????

Hahahahahahahahahahahahah!!!

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">""But in a significant minority of countries, tax reforms have mainly benefited high-income groups," it said in the report, citing Canada, and a handful of other industrial nations, including the U.S.

Including WHO????

</div></div>

Barry, why do you think my comment about the U.S. was in the original post????

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/computer.gif

Oh, sometimes, it's just not fair...

Huggy85
03-25-2008, 04:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">""But in a significant minority of countries, tax reforms have mainly benefited high-income groups," it said in the report, citing Canada, and a handful of other industrial nations, including the U.S.

Including WHO????

</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/computer.gif

Oh, sometimes, it's just not fair... </div></div>

So you're like the "pot calling the kettle black" then?

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
The point is...Canadians always hop on that moral high horse they are so fond of, to criticize the U.S. for any number of things.Of course, the only one that believes all the hot air emanating from the frozen tundra is Canadians.

Now, here it is, in black and white.

Hypocrites!!

Barry Morris
03-25-2008, 04:47 PM
Isn't he funny, Huggy?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't he funny, Huggy?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

Translation: "Please, please be my friend!! Pretend you like me! Say something nice about me! I'm lost without Ayd, even though even he was tiring of me real quick."

GenX
03-25-2008, 04:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">""But in a significant minority of countries, tax reforms have mainly benefited high-income groups," it said in the report, citing Canada, and a handful of other industrial nations, including the U.S.

Including WHO????

</div></div>

Oh, sometimes, it's just not fair... </div></div>

So you're like the "pot calling the kettle black" then? </div></div>

The point is...Canadians always hop on that moral high horse they are so fond of, to criticize the U.S. for any number of things.Of course, the only one that believes all the hot air emanating from the frozen tundra is Canadians.

Now, here it is, in black and white.

Hypocrites!!

Huggy85
03-25-2008, 05:00 PM
The point is...Speedy always hops on that moral high horse he is so fond of, to criticize the Canada for any number of things.Of course, the only one that believes all the hot air emanating from the wild ozarks is Speedy.

Yup, it works. Just like I thought.

hypocrite!

GenX
03-25-2008, 05:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point is...Speedy always hops on that moral high horse he is so fond of, to criticize the Canada for any number of things.Of course, the only one that believes all the hot air emanating from the wild ozarks is Speedy.

hypocrite! </div></div>
<span style='font-size: 17pt'>
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" </span>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Huggy85
03-25-2008, 05:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point is...Speedy always hops on that moral high horse he is so fond of, to criticize the Canada for any number of things.Of course, the only one that believes all the hot air emanating from the wild ozarks is Speedy.

hypocrite! </div></div>
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery" </span>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif </div></div>

Not if the imitation comes in the form of mockery.

GenX
03-25-2008, 05:14 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif

you guys love me...you really love me!!!

RWGR Wins!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif

Huggy85
03-25-2008, 05:17 PM
Of course we do Speedy. We are after all, Canadians. We love everyone despite their faults and shortcomings.

GenX
03-25-2008, 05:22 PM
That's because you're drunk 85% of the time, and have no real role in world affairs.

Huggy85
03-25-2008, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's because you're drunk 85% of the time, and have no real role in world affairs. </div></div>

Such anger!!!!!

Striker
03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The point is...Canadians always hop on that moral high horse they are so fond of </div></div>

Morality is free........It's all we can afford with our tax base

Barry Morris
03-25-2008, 09:11 PM
Of course, who can tell if Speedy actually mentioned the US when he originally posted this thread.

He's been known to change things before.

03-26-2008, 12:18 AM
I miss Speedy.

RWGR is a wannabe.

Translation : I miss Speedy, RWGR is a cheap wannabe.

SPEEDY WINS *sniff* WHERE ARE BIG GUY!

BTW : Canada is better.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BTW : Canada is better. </div></div>

At using American hospitals when their system fails

At hiding behind the U.S. when the going gets tough

At cultural suicide, due to untenable birthrates

At higher unemployment rates

At a lower standard of living

Bu golly, you're right! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Even if that would all be true, which it is not, we would still not be dying in Iraq.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:28 PM
No, but you're doing one hell of a job dying in Afghanistan.

And yes, the above is true.

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:29 PM
I did not know Belgium was involved in Afghanistan. Learn something new everyday.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:30 PM
You know better than that! Belgium involved in anything positive??? Surely you jest!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:31 PM
I remember being involved in Rwanda, but nobody else seemed to have any interest in that.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I remember being involved in Rwanda, but nobody else seemed to have any interest in that. </div></div>

What did Belgium do, wash the dishes for the real troops?

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:36 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/War_Crimes_Law_(Belgium)

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:38 PM
Wiki

NEXT!!!

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:39 PM
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/04/19/europe/EU-GEN-Belgium-Rwanda-Trial.php

Accusations are that Ntuyahaga ordered the Belgians to give up their weapons or be killed. They were taken to a Rwandan military base. Soldiers, believing rumors the Belgians were responsible for shooting down the president's plane, then started killing the 10 paratroopers.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:41 PM
Oh..."peacekeepers", now I see.

That's what all the wimpy countries call their so-called contributions to big events.

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:42 PM
General Dallaire, the UNAMIR commander, saw the developing danger. He asked Uwilingiyimana, Rwanda’s Hutu prime minister, to speak on Rwandan radio to help calm the nation. He sent 10 Belgian soldiers in U.N. blue berets to pick up Uwilingiyimana at her house.

The Belgians took gunfire at the house, and when Uwilingiyimana tried to slip out the back, the militant Hutus caught her and killed her on the spot.

Then the 10 Belgians, with U.N. advice, agreed to disarm, and the Hutus took them in trucks to Camp Kigali, a military compound. Here, a mob of Hutu soldiers attacked the Belgians.

The Hutus beat several of the Belgians to death with iron bars. A few peacekeepers ran to a cinder block hut and tried to fight off the attackers. Hours later, the last of the 10 was killed with a grenade.

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:44 PM
Uwilingiyimana?

Didyaseethelenghtofthename???

Manthatisonelongname!!

Peoplewhocallthemselvespeacekeepersaredoingsotohid etheirwimpyness.

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Americans!

Hans
03-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Hey, where you not there around that same time?

GenX
03-26-2008, 06:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Americans! </div></div>
ROCK!!!!!!!!</span> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Hans
03-26-2008, 07:01 PM
So you were not there then I presume?

Hans
03-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Well, I am going to play Eve, you are to slow in responding tonight. Maybe we can continue this some other day.

Barry Morris
03-26-2008, 07:52 PM
Only Speedy would make jokes at a story of deaths like that.

Thank God most Americans aren't like that.

GenX
03-27-2008, 08:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only Speedy would make jokes at a story of deaths like that.

Thank God most Americans aren't like that. </div></div>

Right.

You're the guy who held a gruesome body count on here last year.

Barry Morris
03-27-2008, 09:43 PM
And you're the guy who thinks nothing of american boys dying for Bush's stupidity.