PDA

View Full Version : What Is This??

Super Gram
03-25-2008, 06:15 PM
I have Netscape browser........but I also use Foxfire...........today I got a pop up from Netscape that said there will be no more support. I don't use the support anyway and they have stopped the updates long ago.

Today the Netscape folk want me to download the new Flock browser. What the heck is it. They say the Netscape people have made it.

I'm happy with Netscape and Firefox.......only netscape will open in 3 different sites while Foxfire just goes from one to the other site. If you want to go back you have to press the back button.

I like Netscape because it opens in different windows..........but what the heck is Flock???????/ I'm afraid to download it.

Are you around NeTwOrK dog. or Mboy69.????????

\m/ Rich \m/
03-25-2008, 10:12 PM
Flock is indeed a new browser created as far as i know by the good folks at nutscrape.
I've read decent reviews on it, but have not tried it myself.

im not sure what you're trying to explain about firefox, are you talking about opening tabs in the same browser? because if so, firefox does have the tabs feature. (press ctrl+T)

oneof3
03-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Flock has been around for awhile. It's more a multimedia browser than a regular browser. What Rich said about the tabs

Super Gram
03-26-2008, 11:15 PM
Thanks I downloaded it to take a look and I don't like it....so goodbye Flock

Koss
03-27-2008, 10:41 AM
Firefox can do tabbed browsing with the best of them so you should be okay replacing Netscape with Firefox. Has it was mentioned ctrl - t or clicking the 'new tab' button will open a new tab for browsing.

Having said that Opera was the first browser to pass Acid Test 3 yesterday!