PDA

View Full Version : Greyhound organization

My Sharona
03-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Why is it that the Greyhounds want all the support of our fair city yet they don't support this city???? They get all their wearables, souvenirs etc from outside the city when there is very capeable companies here that can do it for them and they can save on shipping????? Burns my Butt!!!! I just found out that they use a supplier from southern Ontario.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-26-2008, 12:21 PM
because all the ohl teams use the same companies to produce official licensed merchandise. hence why places like zellers also sell greyhounds stuff....KEWL.

My Sharona
03-26-2008, 12:43 PM
It used to be done in town. Memoirs use to supply and so did Stitchking. Stitchking even has on it's' windows Official supplier of Greyhound stuff i went into stitchking and I couldn't get nothing with out signed permission. Their product used to come from this city, until Torrey took over.

IMHO
03-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Its all about money.

newman
03-26-2008, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doll babe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why is it that the Greyhounds want all the support of our fair city yet they don't support this city???? They get all their wearables, souvenirs etc from outside the city when there is very capeable companies here that can do it for them and they can save on shipping????? Burns my Butt!!!! I just found out that they use a supplier from southern Ontario. </div></div>

They do support many different businesses in town. It almost gets impossible to support every different aspect of spending locally. Have you ever run a business? Does all your clothing and household items say "Made In Canada?" Be reasonable!

adigirl
03-26-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not being a poopie disturber but I am interested in knowing what businesses they support.

Macs II
03-26-2008, 01:42 PM
who cares ...aren't they just a kiddie hockey team

adigirl
03-26-2008, 01:44 PM
I'd like to see you tell one of those boys they are a "kiddie hockey team". 'm proud of our hockey team.

Macs II
03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd like to see you tell one of those boys they are a "kiddie hockey team". 'm proud of our hockey team. </div></div>

I've never seen them and couldn't care less /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

adigirl
03-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Of course /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Koss
03-26-2008, 02:06 PM
It's not just Greyhound merchandise when the Hounds logo is on a product. it's official OHL merchandise and there are strict rules from the league about what they can sell.

(Sarcasm alert!!!!!)

Oh, and they hate the city of Sault Ste. Marie obviously.

adigirl
03-26-2008, 02:15 PM
I'm still waiting to know what local businesses they support
(no sarcasm alert)

Koss
03-26-2008, 02:18 PM
Why do you want to know?

adigirl
03-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Why do you want to know why I want to know?

Read Mike Hawk's comments. Then you will know.

Koss
03-26-2008, 02:30 PM
Well off the top of my head from community observation: Joey Calzones, Muio's, King Stitching, The City of Sault Ste. Marie, The Local Pepsi disributor, Lock City Dairies, Prouse Motors, Sootoday, Q104 (local rogers media outlet), The Sault Star, Digital Webworks, plus all of the employees that work for the organizaiton.

I'm sure that's just the tip of the iceberg.

adigirl
03-26-2008, 02:33 PM
I'm not trying to be funny here. I am serious. I thought these places sponsored them. How do they support those businesses? Donations?

Koss
03-26-2008, 02:36 PM
They buy things from them. All of those entities I mention sell things that the Greyhounds buy. It's funny they buy things from people who sponsor them. I guess I'll never figure out how this business thing works.

newman
03-26-2008, 03:17 PM
They support many different businesses and efforts. Local drugstores, chiropracters, meals for roadtrips ( Muios, Marconi Hall, Ricardos, ETC) Sports Excellence. They support local groups such as Rotary, United Way, Bon Soo, Bell Celebrity Skate, as well as the players giving personal time to minor hockey teams. As i said, they are a great organization for our city and good ambassadors individually.

Koss
03-26-2008, 03:32 PM
Well said Mike Hawk.

adigirl
03-26-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for answering me. I learned something new today. I appreciate it.

Barney Rubble
03-26-2008, 05:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">who cares ...aren't they just a kiddie hockey team </div></div>

NHL alumni

1919 to 1945, 1949 to 1958 (NOHA )

* Jack Bionda
* Stan Brown
* Eddie Burke
* Francis Cain
* Ed Chadwick
* William "Chick" Chalmers
* Bill Cook
* Bun Cook

* Vic Desjardins
* Bob Dill
* Babe Donnelly
* Alvin Fisher
* Don Grosso
* Jim Henry
* Albert Holway
* Ron Hurst

* Joe Klukay
* Julian Klymkiw
* Pentti Lund
* Jim McBurney
* Gerry Munro
* Gerry Odrowski
* Peanuts O'Flaherty
* Merlyn Phillips

* Nels Podolsky
* George Robertson
* Ron Rowe
* Harry Taylor
* Flat Walsh
* John Webster
* Steve Wojciechowski

1962 to 1972 (NOJHL )

* Ivan Boldirev
* Tony Esposito

* Jerry Korab
* Wayne Maki

* Jim Wiley
* Mike Zuke

1972 to present (OHA / OMJHL / OHL)

* Brad Aitken
* Bobby Babcock
* Reid Bailey
* Drew Bannister
* Bruce Bell
* Paul Beraldo
* Jeff Beukeboom
* Mike Boland
* Bob Boughner
* Garrett Burnett
* Jeff Carter
* Dan Cloutier
* Paul Coffey
* Tim Coulis
* Dan Currie
* Marc D'Amour
* Trevor Daley
* Gord Dineen
* Ray Emery
* John English

* Rico Fata
* Chris Felix
* Peter Fiorentino
* Adam Foote
* Mike Fountain
* Ron Francis
* Sean Gagnon
* Steve Gatzos
* Aaron Gavey
* Steve Graves
* Wayne Gretzky
* Wayne Groulx
* Ron Handy
* Dave Hannan
* Craig Hartsburg
* Dan Hinton
* Kevin Hodson
* Mike Hordy
* Ralph Intranuovo
* Ric Jackman

* Ryan Jardine
* Mike Kaszycki
* Tyler Kennedy
* Derek King
* Denny Lambert
* Tyler Larter
* Mike Lenarduzzi
* Danny Lucas
* Troy Mallette
* Brian McGrattan
* Greg Millen
* Marc Moro
* Adam Munro
* Ted Nolan
* Doug Patey
* Jim Pavese
* Chad Penney
* Nathan Perrott
* Wayne Presley
* Bob Probert
* Gerry Rioux

* Ken Sabourin
* Doug Shedden
* Charlie Simmer
* Chris Simon
* Steve Smith
* Jeremy Stevenson
* Steve Sullivan
* Bill Terry
* Joe Thornton
* Brad Tiley
* Jiri Tlusty
* Rick Tocchet
* Jeff Toms
* Eric Vail
* Jack Valiquette
* John Vanbiesbrouck
* Josef Vasicek
* Dave Watson
* Paul Woods
* Rob Zettler

H.E. Pennypacker
03-26-2008, 06:51 PM
nice copy and paste

Barney Rubble
03-26-2008, 07:27 PM
likei was supposed to memorize everyone????

My Sharona
03-26-2008, 08:01 PM
This is one of the first years in many that the Greyhound Souvenir booth is filled with product that is all from OUT OF TOWN. Memoirs or Stitch King does not do any of their embroidery or screening anymore, As far as the restaurants go, They are Greyhound sponsors. they probalbly made a deal you eat here and I will give you money.

Macs II
03-26-2008, 08:49 PM
Greyhound fans are the same people who like nascar ...can we say rednecks lol

Koss
03-26-2008, 08:51 PM
I don't like nascar

H.E. Pennypacker
03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doll babe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is one of the first years in many that the Greyhound Souvenir booth is filled with product that is all from OUT OF TOWN. Memoirs or Stitch King does not do any of their embroidery or screening anymore, As far as the restaurants go, They are Greyhound sponsors. they probalbly made a deal you eat here and I will give you money. </div></div>

why do you care about this so much? maybe they had no other choice? maybe it came down to a tender? how do you know?

adigirl
03-26-2008, 10:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Greyhound fans are the same people who like nascar ...can we say rednecks lol </div></div>

Go 88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

adigirl
03-26-2008, 10:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barney Rubble</div><div class="ubbcode-body">likei was supposed to memorize everyone????
</div></div> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Macs II
03-26-2008, 10:09 PM
anyone who put their kid into hockey will be sorry

Macs II
03-26-2008, 10:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Greyhound fans are the same people who like nascar ...can we say rednecks lol </div></div>

Go 88!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! </div></div>

88 ..99 same thing ...lol

adigirl
03-26-2008, 10:11 PM
And why is that? Is it because it is a great extra curricular activity and keeps them off the streets at night? Or perhaps it is because it is a healthy physical activity? Maybe it is because it teaches skills in learning how to win and lose with class? Should I go on?

Super Gram
03-26-2008, 11:55 PM
Hey Barney you left some people out. My uncle played for the Sault Greyhound Senior.

Terry Biocchi
Boofy Casola
Lud Bailey died of cancer

Joey Bumbacco

Ron Hurst

John Bennett
Warren Bailey
Ronnie Lay
and a bunch of others. They also had jobs.

millie
03-27-2008, 08:11 AM
You like many forget one major item the Greyhounds are a business and not a charity, its all about the bottom line.

Karen-Annie
03-28-2008, 12:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doll babe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It used to be done in town. Memoirs use to supply and so did Stitchking. Stitchking even has on it's' windows Official supplier of Greyhound stuff i went into stitchking and I couldn't get nothing with out signed permission. Their product used to come from this city, until Torrey took over. </div></div>

Dave Torrie does not deal with those kinds of things.Such decisions are made by ownership/executive with rules to follow as set by the OHL/CHL.It's amazing what people will blame someone for who doesn't have that function in his job description.

Super Gram
03-28-2008, 08:39 PM
Thats because they don't know what they are talking about Karen-Annie. They have cancer drive,food drives etc.

My Sharona
03-28-2008, 08:57 PM
I use to work for a company inTown that provided them with alot of their souvenirs and wearables. however in the last year their non ohl parphenalia(sp) comes from out of town. I'm not saying that the greyhounds don't support their community I'm asking why they don't support local business that support them. You think it would be cheaper to use someone here as oppose to have it shipped from out of town and pay shipping costs which are outrageous.

H.E. Pennypacker
03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
well maybe they found a better price than they can offer, maybe it was a tender WHO KNOWS. Maybe your business didn't meet what their standards. all you can do is try to win them back.

My Sharona
03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
I Use to work for the business I don't anymore.

Karen-Annie
03-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Then,<u>they</u> have to work to get the Hounds business back.

millie
03-29-2008, 12:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Doll babe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I use to work for a company inTown that provided them with alot of their souvenirs and wearables. however in the last year their non ohl parphenalia(sp) comes from out of town. I'm not saying that the greyhounds don't support their community I'm asking why they don't support local business that support them. You think it would be cheaper to use someone here as oppose to have it shipped from out of town and pay shipping costs which are outrageous. </div></div>

I guess thats why you never see anything from China being sold here.