PDA

View Full Version : Climate change shatters huge ice shelf

Huggy85
03-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Call it part of a natural cycle if you like, but the implications of climate change are immeasurable. If there is even just a possibility that we are contributing to climate change (or global warming; its all semantics), we need to take the issue seriously. If it is part of a natural cycle, we need to take steps to minimize the impact. Either way, inaction is not an option IMO.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/4452970a7693.html

KDawg
03-27-2008, 07:26 AM
[quote=Huggy85]If it is part of a natural cycle, we need to take steps to minimize the impact. Either way, inaction is not an option IMO.[\quote]

What do you suggest?

Hans
03-27-2008, 07:44 AM
My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick.

Chester Field
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
I agree with Hans. It would solve many problems. Now we just need to figure which 25%! As one of four posters on this thread, let me be the first to call Not Me!

I also take exception with our interference in a natural cycle. That is how we get ourselves into these messes in the first place.

GirlNextDoor
03-27-2008, 12:55 PM
Revamping the final solution eh.Guess history repeats itself.

Hans
03-27-2008, 06:10 PM
I never mentioned extermination anywhere.

Huggy85
03-27-2008, 06:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick. </div></div>

Actually, all we need to do is remove Speedy. Just imagine all the hot air we'll eliminate!

GenX
03-27-2008, 08:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick. </div></div>

Actually, all we need to do is remove Speedy. Just imagine all the hot air we'll eliminate! </div></div>

Diapers are doing there part to kill the ozone, too, Dapper Diapered One!

Barry Morris
03-27-2008, 09:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick. </div></div>

Actually, all we need to do is remove Speedy. Just imagine all the hot air we'll eliminate! </div></div>

Diapers are doing there part to kill the ozone, too, Dapper Diapered One! </div></div>

THERE PART???

THERE PART???

GOODNESSGRACIOUSGREATBALLSOFFIRE, SPEEDY MADE A MISTAKE!!!

Huggy85
03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick. </div></div>

Diapers are doing there part to kill the ozone, too, Dapper Diapered One! </div></div>

THERE PART???

THERE PART???

GOODNESSGRACIOUSGREATBALLSOFFIRE, SPEEDY MADE A MISTAKE!!! </div></div>

Now we have to accept that Speedy isn't as smart as he thinks he is (yet again). Barry, what's this world coming to.......

Barry Morris
03-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Ah well.

On that happy note, here's a chuckle or two.

AMAZINGLY SIMPLE HOME REMEDIES

1. IF YOU'RE CHOKING ON AN ICE CUBE, SIMPLY POUR A CUP OF BOILING
WATER DOWN YOUR THROAT. PRESTO! THE BLOCKAGE WILL INSTANTLY REMOVE ITSELF.

2. AVOID CUTTING YOURSELF WHEN SLICING VEGETABLES BY GETTING SOMEONE
ELSE TO HOLD THE VEGETABLES WHILE YOU CHOP.

3. AVOID ARGUMENTS WITH THE FEMALES ABOUT LIFTING THE TOILET SEAT BY
USING THE SINK.

4. FOR HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE SUFFERERS ~ SIMPLY CUT YOURSELF AND BLEED
FOR A FEW MINUTES, THUS REDUCING THE PRESSURE ON YOUR VEINS. REMEMBER TO
USE A TIMER.

5. A MOUSE TRAP PLACED ON TOP OF YOUR ALARM CLOCK WILL PREVENT YOU
FROM ROLLING OVER AND GOING BACK TO SLEEP AFTER YOU HIT THE SNOOZE BUTTON.

6. IF YOU HAVE A BAD COUGH, TAKE A LARGE DOSE OF LAXATIVES. THEN
YOU'LL BE AFRAID TO COUGH.

7. YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - WD-40 AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT
DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE WD-40. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE
DUCT TAPE.

8. REMEMBER - EVERYONE SEEMS NORMAL UNTIL YOU GET TO KNOW THEM.

9. IF YOU CAN'T FIX IT WITH A HAMMER, YOU'VE GOT AN ELECTRICAL
PROBLEM.

DAILY THOUGHT:
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY
BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS.

Striker
03-28-2008, 06:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Hans</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My suggestion is to remove 25% of the Earths human population. That should do the trick. </div></div>

Are you suggesting we start with RW ???............... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif