PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Menu

Bufford
03-27-2008, 08:42 AM
Do you plan a weekly menu and shop just for the required items from the menu? Or do you just prepare supper according to what your tummy says?

MaO3
03-27-2008, 09:17 AM
I wish I could be that organized. I wing it most nights, get home from work and look in the freezer, or stop on the way home at the grocery store and pick up something fresh to cook.

I'm terrible, I have NO imagination and frankly when I think I want something no-one else in my house seems to agree with me, so I usually let them decide.

TPK
03-27-2008, 10:36 AM
I do a weekly menu plan. I've found it saves alot of money each month doing it that way. I find too that it helps to not be anal about sticking to it and if you don't feel like cooking what's on the menu having a few easy alternatives in the house helps. For different things to try I alway use http://www.meals.com which has some very good ideas.

MaO3
03-27-2008, 10:53 AM
I like some of the meal options on that site TPK, thanks for sharing the link.

kitca
03-28-2008, 06:54 PM
i just wing-it too, and i wish i could be organized. i tend to usually make the same things over and over.

i like to have chicken breasts and zen garden frozen veggies on hand - makes a great stir fry. we have pasta & sauce at least once a week.

i have a million cook books and i always find these things i want to make, but then get too tired and make the old standbys.

LettuceLady
03-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Great site TPK! There are a lot of vegan recipes there too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

TPK
03-29-2008, 08:39 AM
yeah, I find it very handy.

kuietgrl (got lost)
03-29-2008, 09:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just wing-it too, and i wish i could be organized. i tend to usually make the same things over and over.

i like to have chicken breasts and zen garden frozen veggies on hand - makes a great stir fry. we have pasta & sauce at least once a week.

i have a million cook books and i always find these things i want to make, but then get too tired and make the old standbys. </div></div>

OMG the chicken and zen garden veggies are exactly what we have at least a few nights a week!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif Hubby makes his with shrimp, though lol Too funny.

kitca
03-31-2008, 07:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i just wing-it too, and i wish i could be organized. i tend to usually make the same things over and over.

i have a million cook books and i always find these things i want to make, but then get too tired and make the old standbys. </div></div>

OMG the chicken and zen garden veggies are exactly what we have at least a few nights a week!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif Hubby makes his with shrimp, though lol Too funny. </div></div>

mmm, i like them with shrimp too! ive never used raw shrimp though, so i use the large frozen cocktail shrimp and thaw them and add them in. also udon noodles mixed in too are so good. oh, and fake crab pieces. its so good and so easy. now i just need some more udon noodles...

GoldDogs
04-01-2008, 03:03 AM
That site is terrible.

Was just browsing through some of the the recipes and my mouth started watering! Not good at all! lol!!!!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif