View Full Version : Obesity leads to dementia

03-28-2008, 10:38 AM
Obesity (http://sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=31057) leads to dementia.

Jackie B
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I bet you're skinny as a rail...LOL No obese person would post this. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

03-31-2008, 05:23 AM
what about skinny people that have dementia?
what's their excuse?

03-31-2008, 06:25 AM
actually seen that report on the tv just that people that carried their weight in the belly area were at higher risk...not sure how they came about that conclusion though

03-31-2008, 11:35 AM
maybe it's a diabetes thing
carrying ur weight in the middle....
i remember reading somewhere on a pamphlet if u were diganosed with schziophrenia then u might be diabetic, it was one of those things where u checked off the symptoms....

Jackie B
03-31-2008, 06:30 PM
I wonder if it has anything to do with people who are overweight from eating, not from other health problems. Like they eat to drown their sorrows, as a comfort, indicating that there's already something emotional going on there...

03-31-2008, 07:11 PM
i remember dr oz on oprah saying that the belly weight is the omentum (sp?) and it starts giving off hormones and doing all sorts of bad things to the body. he had real 'specimens' on there, and the omentum should be this small paper thin thing, and in overweight people it was huge and lumpy and yucky.

03-31-2008, 10:38 PM
just cut out the carbs, its really quite simple

04-02-2008, 05:47 AM
It's not that simple. If the weight is not from a physical condition, it has an emotional component. It's hard for some people.

04-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Its sad how society thinks that the wat to lose weight is by taking pills or special foods that supposedly suppress your appetite or worse yet, surgery when the real answer is simply hard work, sweat from exercising.

04-02-2008, 12:33 PM
well u know what madonna looks like? she's turning 50 this year and she has an amazing body, her face, well lol she clearly had some work done, but her body is awesome, and this is what she says :

"There are no short cuts to being Madonna," the Queen of Pop tells Elle. "Itís all about hard work. There is no easy way. If you want to know how I look like I do, itís diet and exercise and constantly being careful."

finally the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-03-2008, 12:16 AM
too much eating gets you dementeed?

04-03-2008, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too much eating gets you dementeed? </div></div>
Personally I feel thats it's not so much the eating part as it is the sitting on your [censored] part that ultimatley causes the dementia. I guess the too are inter-related to each other.

04-03-2008, 12:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">too much eating gets you dementeed? </div></div>

no dumass
it's a sedentary lifestyle, coupled with bad food choices