PDA

View Full Version : This is going to sound weird.. But!

vixen
03-28-2008, 04:03 PM
For the last two years my hubby has wanted to go golfing, he asks his brother who is too busy and he asks his father who says he to has no time. I cant golf I have bad wrists and find it almost impossible to type. Now hes a great guy, hes quite though and does have a hard time making friends with people who understand that he has kids and grown up things to do other than drugs and bars ( I know its a shock!) So heres my strange question. are there any type of groups out there for golfers? Any one want to go golfing with him any Ideas? Please no nasty comments! Its been a difficult last year for us and you and not all personal info is need to be broadcasted. Just wantting to find him a golf buddy and not sure were to look. Thankyou. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

hp2
03-28-2008, 04:16 PM
That does not sound weird.. thats kinda nice... WHy does he just not go out to the golf resorts.. stand around someone would play with him....

Peety
03-28-2008, 04:24 PM
That is really sweet of you wanting your husband to have some golf time..

Bufford
03-28-2008, 04:30 PM
the last ime I looked you don't need a partner to play golf, all you need is lots of money!

Genny
03-28-2008, 04:43 PM
I agree with ~~~~~~~. My Hubby likes sailing, I don't care for it so much, so off he went to the sailing club, got on a crew that had a sail boat and went racing with them. Now he goes every summer! Your hubby might find one or two golfing partners at the golf club - I just don't know which one would be better than the other.

AngelOnHigh
03-28-2008, 04:56 PM
start a facebook group for sault golfing. or, get him to go to the driving range... he can practice there... and maybe make a few friends at the same time! hubby and i take the little one to the driving range all the time with us... and we always end up talking to someone! lol.

vixen
03-28-2008, 05:48 PM
Thanks guys lots of good ideas. I did ask him about waitting around he says it like being the last kid picked for a game. lol I wish I could do more for him, he depends on me for a lot his social time never does anything for him self and says he likes spending time with me ( I not complaning I know that I m very lucky) I just want him to have some male bonding time with normal people.

Huggy85
03-28-2008, 06:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vixen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks guys lots of good ideas. I did ask him about waitting around he says it like being the last kid picked for a game. lol I wish I could do more for him, he depends on me for a lot his social time never does anything for him self and says he likes spending time with me ( I not complaning I know that I m very lucky) I just want him to have some male bonding time with normal people. </div></div>

Let me know if you find any normal people. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

metal_gods
03-28-2008, 06:19 PM
I have got a new set of golf clubs for xmas .. so i would love to go out golfing.

millie
03-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Tell him to join a league such as the one at Superior View or to check the other courses for one. That way he'll get to golf at least once a week with somebody different and will be able to make contacts. There are a group of seniors (they are all war veterans so you do the math), while they may not be the fastest you CAN NOT meet a better bunch of gentlemen. Or he might try starting a thread in the sports section to get a group together.

millie
03-28-2008, 07:14 PM
As for golfing most go across the river as you get a much bigger bang for your buck.

emeraldlee
03-28-2008, 08:24 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vixen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the last two years my hubby has wanted to go golfing, he asks his brother who is too busy and he asks his father who says he to has no time. I cant golf I have bad wrists and find it almost impossible to type. Now hes a great guy, hes quite though and does have a hard time making friends with people who understand that he has kids and grown up things to do other than drugs and bars ( I know its a shock!) So heres my strange question. are there any type of groups out there for golfers? Any one want to go golfing with him any Ideas? Please no nasty comments! Its been a difficult last year for us and you and not all personal info is need to be broadcasted. Just wantting to find him a golf buddy and not sure were to look. Thankyou. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>
My cousin joined the root river league and said it was a great way to get out, golf and meet people. He is a beginner...just slightly better than me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

vixen
03-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Thank you everybody youve been very helpfull.

KelBear
03-28-2008, 11:49 PM
My dad golfs.. . how old is he??

Barry Morris
03-29-2008, 09:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KelBear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My dad golfs.. . how old is he?? </div></div>

So does mine.

Shoots in the low 70's.

Barry Morris
03-29-2008, 09:42 AM
My brother in law and another guy used to take a mid/late-winter weekend drive south, usually on a Friday. When the grass around the highway looked green and dry, they'd look for a golf course.

PwRjinjin
03-29-2008, 10:36 AM
removed my post?! lame!? i was being nice! ? i don't understand this board at all!?

vixen
03-30-2008, 02:18 PM
he 30 and from the Soo.

03-30-2008, 05:10 PM
Vixen, msg me. We always need a 3rd and 4th to play golf this summer.

Krysta
03-31-2008, 09:08 AM
My hubby is looking for golf buddies too.
He needs a life outside of work and treehouse lol!

vixen
03-31-2008, 07:54 PM
k well now we have some people interested. so how do we meet? come over for beer???