PDA

View Full Version : Border crossing

Stingray
03-31-2008, 12:39 PM
Has anyone ever crossed the border where a whole bunch U.S. customs officers stopped all incoming traffic, approached your car with radio-active sensing devices and asked you if you recently had a stress test or any radiation treatment? I did last week on my way to Traverse City. I found it a little weird. They eventually found the car, it happend to be straight in front of me, they pulled the car over which had a couple of elderly passengers in it, they showed some papers, went inside. It seemed like it took forever, then they finally started letting traffic through. I never knew a human being could set off those radio-active detectors, lol.

smokey_canada
03-31-2008, 12:52 PM
yes if you have had kemo treatment or taking about five other types of meds that will set it off. Talking tp people at work on the weekend about this she and about three other cars where checked out do to the fact they set it off and the customs said they must have been behind a transport that was hauling something because it set off the meter on the car in front of her also and just lite up the one behind her to.

she
03-31-2008, 12:53 PM
After undergoing certain nuclear medicine procedures, patients can trigger radiation detectors for up to three months.

Barry Morris
03-31-2008, 12:55 PM
So if we got some radioactive paint, we could put a dab on every Ontario car in the Michigan Sault parking lot.

Wouldn't that be fun!!!

J*B
03-31-2008, 02:32 PM
Never experienced that phenomenon, but I did have 4 9mm Glocks pointed at my head from all directions one day when they punched in the plate of the borrowed car I was driving, that's when all hell broke loose!
I'm glad no one had an itchy trigger finger /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LIKETOWIN
03-31-2008, 08:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stingray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone ever crossed the border where a whole bunch U.S. customs officers stopped all incoming traffic, approached your car with radio-active sensing devices and asked you if you recently had a stress test or any radiation treatment? I did last week on my way to Traverse City. I found it a little weird. They eventually found the car, it happend to be straight in front of me, they pulled the car over which had a couple of elderly passengers in it, they showed some papers, went inside. It seemed like it took forever, then they finally started letting traffic through. I never knew a human being could set off those radio-active detectors, lol. </div></div>

yes they do and generally they will tell you at the hospital not to cross for a few days.

Macs II
03-31-2008, 08:06 PM
Do they really expect someone to smuggle nuclear weapons into the U.S in their pocket?

tippikitty
03-31-2008, 08:07 PM
Yes and I've had the hospital tell me to not cross the border for a few days. They actually have signs posted at the hospital because of this.

hp2
03-31-2008, 08:08 PM
IF you do know you have to go across they will give you a letter..

metal_gods
03-31-2008, 08:15 PM
THe Officers are doing their jobs. They should be given a pat on the pat for all the work they do, and on our side as well.

weasel
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: she</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After undergoing certain nuclear medicine procedures, patients can trigger radiation detectors for up to three months. </div></div>
this has ahppened to me at the border..i was told a few days and i went 2 weeks later and when i was approaching there were like 8 guards checking cars and they asked me if i underwent any testing and when i told them i did they surrounded my vehicle, had my spouse and son get out and made me get out with them and i got scanned by those portable detectors. I had the smallest trace on me but they said theyre systems were a little TOO sensitive. Otherwise i felt like a big time criminal because that is how i was basically treated and i had everyone just starring at me /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

jaydee
03-31-2008, 08:17 PM
omg how is radiation gonna get here