PDA

View Full Version : who do these cab drivers think they are?

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 12:48 PM
today we were just pulling out of no frills and this cab flys up and parks in the tow away zone, we are just coming out of wheel chair parking, and beep the horn for her to move she ignores it, we beep again and she waves her hand as to get lost. so my husband gets out and start towards the van and she outs her window down and he asks her to move she says *% back up well there was cars all the way around us, and why should we we were pulling out she was in the tow zone nobody evebn coming out to the cab. so my hubby gets in the car we go forward and back and forward til we got out we call the cab company to make sure she gets a talkin to this was total complete bull. who says she has authority to park where ever she wants? does any body agree.

IMHO
04-01-2008, 12:57 PM
Are you sure it was not Mark Brown in his disguise?

millie
04-01-2008, 12:58 PM
My #1 Pet Peeve.

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I had that happen to me at the Market Mall near the TD entrance. But it wasn't a cab. Just a lazy old hag who decided the extra 10' from a parking spot was just too far. I had to sit and wait for her to come back out and move before I could back out.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Thinking Hard</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure it was not Mark Brown in his disguise? </div></div>
who is Mark brown?

Super Gram
04-01-2008, 01:26 PM
I dunno /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

millie
04-01-2008, 01:33 PM
the thing that gets me is I could understand if the person had a disability but but the last time I checked being a lazy inbred wasn't one.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 02:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the thing that gets me is I could understand if the person had a disability but but the last time I checked being a lazy inbred wasn't one. </div></div>
whats that suppose to mean this person very well deserves a whhel chair parking

dancingqueen
04-01-2008, 02:11 PM
I catch cabs quite often and just about every one of them I ride with are very respectful curtiouse drivers who get a bad rap just because they are driving a cab. Before you make a judgment, remember, it is the driver, not the vehicle that makes a hazard on the road.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I catch cabs quite often and just about every one of them I ride with are very respectful curtiouse drivers who get a bad rap just because they are driving a cab. Before you make a judgment, remember, it is the driver, not the vehicle that makes a hazard on the road. </div></div>`
your point is. excuse me yes most are courteous but this was a b*& mind your own business before I make judgement she was in the wrong so bug off.

Kittie
04-01-2008, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I catch cabs quite often and just about every one of them I ride with are very respectful curtiouse drivers who get a bad rap just because they are driving a cab. Before you make a judgment, remember, it is the driver, not the vehicle that makes a hazard on the road. </div></div>`
your point is. excuse me yes most are courteous but this was a b*& mind your own business before I make judgement she was in the wrong so bug off.</div></div>

ROFL!

adigirl
04-01-2008, 03:13 PM
I think someone needs to chill a little bit.

Good point DQ. It is the person and not the vehicle.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 03:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think someone needs to chill a little bit.

Good point DQ. It is the person and not the vehicle. </div></div>

you chill she said shouldnt make judgment she wasnt there and if you dont know whats going on you should chill out.

Kittie
04-01-2008, 03:18 PM
she = HE.
*he.

adigirl
04-01-2008, 03:21 PM
kwf you need to chill. DQ made a great point. The person is an idiot no matter what he/she was driving. A cab, an suv, a delivery truck, a car, etc.

Macs II
04-01-2008, 03:27 PM
A cat fight http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/cheer.gif

Misschix
04-01-2008, 03:31 PM
Dont know what is going on? KWF YOU JUST TOLD US ALL WHAT HAPPENED we can read and make our own judgements of a situation..if you dont like hearing then dont post simple as that

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 03:43 PM
dont bud in chixy baby

J*B
04-01-2008, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A cat fight http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/cheer.gif </div></div>

Do tell where you found those nice <span style="color: #CC33CC">pink</span> pom poms?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

adigirl
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Wow

Misschix
04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
bud in?.............

blueeyedgirl
04-01-2008, 03:46 PM
Many people go and park there not just cab drivers. As inconsiderate as it is there is no need to attack all cab drivers by this one incident. I use to take cabs a lot and most were very nice drivers.

SusyQ
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">dont bud in chixy baby </div></div>

What is wrong with you today?

Misschix
and second of all...so what you dont like what you are hearing....so now we all have to stop reading soonet and posting our opinions or we are "budding in"....?

puppy
04-01-2008, 05:29 PM
hey it is not all cab drivers that are bad..i drive cab and if i am sitting waiting for a fare to come out of somewhere and i am in the way for someone to pull out of a parking spot then i will move and then come back around to get my fare

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kwf you need to chill. DQ made a great point. The person is an idiot no matter what he/she was driving. A cab, an suv, a delivery truck, a car, etc. </div></div>
I never said anything to DQ.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people go and park there not just cab drivers. As inconsiderate as it is there is no need to attack all cab drivers by this one incident. I use to take cabs a lot and most were very nice drivers. </div></div>
who was attacking cab drivers I was attacking the witch, one person cab driver so know what your talkin about before you speak

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 05:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chixybaby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and second of all...so what you dont like what you are hearing....so now we all have to stop reading soonet and posting our opinions or we are "budding in"....? </div></div>

dont get snotty than.

LIKETOWIN
04-01-2008, 05:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey it is not all cab drivers that are bad..i drive cab and if i am sitting waiting for a fare to come out of somewhere and i am in the way for someone to pull out of a parking spot then i will move and then come back around to get my fare </div></div>
well this person wouldnt move and she was not waiting for fare just waiting for a call cause it is obviousley a busy day the first of the month.

puppy
04-01-2008, 05:38 PM
what company was it? pm me if u like...

blueeyedgirl
04-01-2008, 05:52 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people go and park there not just cab drivers. As inconsiderate as it is there is no need to attack all cab drivers by this one incident. I use to take cabs a lot and most were very nice drivers. </div></div>
who was attacking cab drivers I was attacking the witch, one person cab driver so know what your talkin about before you speak </div></div>

First of all MORON you posted in the subject line "WHO DO THESE CAB DRIVERS THINK THEY ARE?" therefor emplying more then the cab driver you are talking about. You can take your bad attitude that you have today and shove it up your A$$!!!!!

GoldDogs
04-01-2008, 07:53 PM
From the way this post is going, something tells me that maybe it wasn't the cab driver who was being the ignorant twat after all.

adigirl
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

SusyQ
04-01-2008, 07:55 PM
I have no idea whats up with her today?

adigirl
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
She's done this before.

SusyQ
04-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Really?

GoldDogs
04-01-2008, 08:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's done this before.</div></div>

Well.. that is pretty rude of her.

Stumpy
04-01-2008, 11:48 PM
This is stumpy's daughter. I was driving along wellington, i stopped at the lights at huron. Well this cab driver, didn't look like he was going to stop. He started swirving and finally stopped with half of the van in the oncomming lane. He was tailgating me the whole way as I turned on the st. georges. I finally got to the blinking light on st. georges and the guy decides to pass me. He then cuts me off. I nailed on the horn. I lost him after that . I got up to the top of the hill and he was already around the corner at the next light. I then called the cops. I was shaking. Like i hate people who drive like that. I don't know whats going to happen to the cab driver. I got a call from from the staff sergent tonight and she said that she talked to him and he might be getting ticketed.

jaydee
04-01-2008, 11:50 PM
cab driver's a hectic job

Stumpy
04-01-2008, 11:54 PM
But still Do they have to drive crazy all the time? I've seen them drive like that when they have people in their vehicles. It scares me when im around one because i dont know what they are going to do.

jaydee
04-01-2008, 11:58 PM
taxi job must be one of the worse jobs alot of stress and pressure on you not only to get the person to their destination for littler amount of money, but having to deal with drunk passengers especially in the later hours too, not too good.

dancingqueen
04-02-2008, 01:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">kwf you need to chill. DQ made a great point. The person is an idiot no matter what he/she was driving. A cab, an suv, a delivery truck, a car, etc. </div></div>
I never said anything to DQ. </div></div>
well you quoted me, so I could only assume you where talking to me.
Your thread was obviously intended towards cab drivers, so I just wanted to make a point that not all cab drivers are this bad. Yes, this person was inconsiderate, I am not dennying that, if you read it differently than that I apologize for not being clear enough.

Strife
04-02-2008, 02:04 AM
I have seen both types of cab drivers. Some are wreckless yes but most drive the way they should. I have seen a cab driver zoom in and out of a parking lot, without stopping to check for traffic, all just to avoid stopping at a red light.

adigirl
04-02-2008, 05:39 AM
I've seen more people who do not drive cabs do this.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 08:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many people go and park there not just cab drivers. As inconsiderate as it is there is no need to attack all cab drivers by this one incident. I use to take cabs a lot and most were very nice drivers. </div></div>
who was attacking cab drivers I was attacking the witch, one person cab driver so know what your talkin about before you speak </div></div>

First of all you posted in the subject line "WHO DO THESE CAB DRIVERS THINK THEY ARE?" therefor emplying more then the cab driver you are talking about. You can take your bad attitude that you have today and shove it !!!!! </div></div>
and you know what you can do with that?#@%&*& %#@*&

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 08:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She's done this before. </div></div>
I think your dreamin I think you have.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 08:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what company was it? pm me if u like... </div></div>
I sent you a pm.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 08:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stumpy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is stumpy's daughter. I was driving along wellington, i stopped at the lights at huron. Well this cab driver, didn't look like he was going to stop. He started swirving and finally stopped with half of the van in the oncomming lane. He was tailgating me the whole way as I turned on the st. georges. I finally got to the blinking light on st. georges and the guy decides to pass me. He then cuts me off. I nailed on the horn. I lost him after that . I got up to the top of the hill and he was already around the corner at the next light. I then called the cops. I was shaking. Like i hate people who drive like that. I don't know whats going to happen to the cab driver. I got a call from from the staff sergent tonight and she said that she talked to him and he might be getting

ticketed. </div></div>
I got [censored] on caus eI said who do these cab drivers think they are thats only my title I was refering to onecab driver, but there are alot of them out there, they think they own the roads.
Im sure glad you called the cops. I called the office.

metal_gods
04-02-2008, 08:16 AM
Only reason why they cab drivers because they can't do a real job

Quick Slice
04-02-2008, 09:32 AM
ok enough is enough, until you're a cab driver, shut your effn' faces, because you dont' know shat.

First of all, Being a cab driver isn't all it's cracked up to be.
The first portion of this topic was geared towards someone at no frills not being able to back out (from my understanding). Well, too bad. Suck it up.. just wait a few more minutes. it's not like No Frills has a designated taxi lane. Most cab drivers that I know would probably move out of the way for you, unless their fare is loading up groceries etc. So once again, refer to you title, as you're stereotyping the rest of us.
Secondly, Stumpy, they don't want to get into accidents just like yourself, but a) they might have had a bad fare in their car, and wanted them out quick. You have no idea how hard it can be, trying deal with @$$es that you have to pick up. That's a job in itself. You don't have think about the bad times with all the drug runs, *****ing people do, and really anything any person can be an @$$ to you for. I'm not saying the cab driver was right for driving the way he or she was, but there more than likely was a reason to it. Or, he was trying to get as fast as he can to a fare because he didn't want to be late, or the person has already been waiting and whining that their cab is already late. Taxi drivers work fast, that's what earn the tips.
Thirdly, metalgods, i'm a taxi driver, i'm 25, are you saying I can't do a real job? I hope not. Why should I a) go to a call center and get talked down on a phone for $10 bucks an hour where I can easily surpass that amount for min. wage while making tips driving a cab. Why should I have to go bust my @$$ more somewhere else for the same pay? It's not like I couldn't handle roofing, or construction, but they generally pay somewhere around the $10 /hr range. Believe me, i've looked into it. Also, most cab drivers are retiree's or up in the ages. Yes there are a few younger guys, but everyone's situations are different. You have to understand that when you drive cab you're not confined to one space, it has many perks as you wouldn't get from a "regular" job setting. A) Tips, B) You can drive whereever you want basically. C) You can have coffee or food whenever you want, D) I can check back in on my family, use my cell phone, stop at the bank, Whatever.. So I'm getting tired of people putting cabbies down, we deal with alot of whiney @$$'s on a daily basis. And i don't need to come here to read about it.

Have a nice day!

SusyQ
04-02-2008, 09:44 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/high5.gif Well said especially when people say that there is no work out there well duh driving cab is work. They take kids too and from school help elderly get too their appointments still run when the city is shut down do too a snowstorm and help the police out by reporting crime etc. I think cab drivers have a scary job not knowing who is going too jump in their cab next. KUDOS CABBIES!

puppy
04-02-2008, 09:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what company was it? pm me if u like... </div></div>
I sent you a pm.</div></div>

i did not get it..and a cab drivers job is a stressful one

Dreamin
04-02-2008, 10:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: metal_gods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only reason why they cab drivers because they can't do a real job </div></div>
I've heard the same said about call centre jobs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quick Slice</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Secondly, Stumpy, they don't want to get into accidents just like yourself, but a) they might have had a bad fare in their car, and wanted them out quick. You have no idea how hard it can be, trying deal with @$$es that you have to pick up. That's a job in itself. You don't have think about the bad times with all the drug runs, *****ing people do, and really anything any person can be an @$$ to you for. I'm not saying the cab driver was right for driving the way he or she was, but there more than likely was a reason to it. Or, he was trying to get as fast as he can to a fare because he didn't want to be late, or the person has already been waiting and whining that their cab is already late. Taxi drivers work fast, that's what earn the tips. </div></div>
There is never a good reason for putting others on the road at risk. Taxi drivers work fast? So it's ok to drive like a maniac for a few pennies? It's cab drivers like yourself who give the rest a bad name.

vixen
04-02-2008, 10:03 AM
Here ,Here.. well put! My father in law drives the kids back and forth during the week and the drunks accross on weekends. He work for over 30 years in the steel plant and does this to pass the time and for the most part he enjoys it but if you step into his cab and start to tell him to drive faster or go through red lights he tells you to " forget about paying me and start walking"..

MaO3
04-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Personally I think that the specific Cab driver that this thread was talking about was totally completely in the wrong. If she was parked and blocking someone in, and that person came out to thier car the Cab driver should have moved. Plain and Simple. The SPECIFIC Cab driver was inconsiderate.

To lump all cab drivers into that category is also wrong.

J*B
04-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Always the odd idiot that gives the rest a bad rep.
Move on, forget it!

photochick
04-02-2008, 11:24 AM
"they don't want to get into accidents just like yourself, but a) they might have had a bad fare in their car, and wanted them out quick. You have no idea how hard it can be, trying deal with @$$es that you have to pick up. That's a job in itself. You don't have think about the bad times with all the drug runs, *****ing people do, and really anything any person can be an @$$ to you for. I'm not saying the cab driver was right for driving the way he or she was, but there more than likely was a reason to it. Or, he was trying to get as fast as he can to a fare because he didn't want to be late, or the person has already been waiting and whining that their cab is already late. Taxi drivers work fast, that's what earn the tips. "

So let me understand your way of thinking....if a cab decides to hurry to get rid of a fare for whatever reason and hits and kills or hurts someone the cabby is in the right, because they want to get that tip or beacause the fare was whining or maybe because the cabbie didn't want to deal with the passenger and wanted them out of the cab...?
and perk number 2 that you mentioned..B) You can drive whereever you want basically

well the cabbies who think this are crappy drivers and give other cabbies a bad name, unless you are a cop or ambulance or some sort of emergency veh. you don't have the right to drive wherever you like and park in a tow away zone blocking someone else in their parking spot. You drive a company veh. and therefore suppose to be a professional driver, I just wish more ppl would call the cops on these idiots more often.. there are some great cabbies that I have come across but there are far and few between IMO

Kittie
04-02-2008, 11:40 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OuTToHaveFuNN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
and perk number 2 that you mentioned..B) You can drive whereever you want basically

well the cabbies who think this are crappy drivers and give other cabbies a bad name, unless you are a cop or ambulance or some sort of emergency veh. you don't have the right to drive wherever you like and park in a tow away zone blocking someone else in their parking spot. You drive a company veh. and therefore suppose to be a professional driver, I just wish more ppl would call the cops on these idiots more often.. there are some great cabbies that I have come across but there are far and few between IMO

</div></div>

Preeetty sure he means that he can drive around town, where ever he'd like, east end,west end, central. He's not just sitting around in one location.

Misschix
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
I would also like to add .......with my hubby being a cab driver.....his schedule is so flexible..I work at night time at a bar so he works daytime..that way our children do not need to be with a babysitter......and as for tips..he doesnt make just pennies.....if you have a fare that gives you on average 2 dollars....and he has LOTS of fares throughout the day...that money adds up, He also deals with some pretty unhygenic people on a daily basis..imagine sitting in a vehicle with someone who smells like they pissed themselves and hadnt showered in a couple days..yucky.....so try being a cab driver anddealing with the crap they deal with

The Chronic Liar
04-02-2008, 12:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chixybaby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> He also deals with some pretty unhygenic people on a daily basis..imagine sitting in a vehicle with someone who smells like they pissed themselves and hadnt showered in a couple days..yucky..... </div></div>

please dont judge me

lynys
04-02-2008, 12:42 PM
So, the moral of this story is...

If you are gonna be a cab driver; make sure you are able to read people's minds as to where they are going to move their vehicle, help out the elderly by getting them as close to the door as possible, and drive around town everywhere because that is the fun part of the job.

And, if you are going to call for a cab, make sure you are not completely wasted, have proper hygiene, and stop complaining cause the cabbie doesn't want to hear it.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Misschix
04-02-2008, 12:45 PM
Hey Lynys ...that about sums it up

lynys
04-02-2008, 12:50 PM
I am a pretty smart girl you know. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 12:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I think that the specific Cab driver that this thread was talking about was totally completely in the wrong. If she was parked and blocking someone in, and that person came out to thier car the Cab driver should have moved. Plain and Simple. The SPECIFIC Cab driver was inconsiderate.

</div></div>
thank you I agree and thats not what the thread was suppose to mean it was one cab driver and i"ll tell you if it was anybody else in that same situation they would of been fumim.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 12:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OuTToHaveFuNN</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"they don't want to get into accidents just like yourself, but a) they might have had a bad fare in their car, and wanted them out quick. You have no idea how hard it can be, trying deal with @$$es that you have to pick up. That's a job in itself. You don't have think about the bad times with all the drug runs, *****ing people do, and really anything any person can be an @$$ to you for. I'm not saying the cab driver was right for driving the way he or she was, but there more than likely was a reason to it. Or, he was trying to get as fast as he can to a fare because he didn't want to be late, or the person has already been waiting and whining that their cab is already late. Taxi drivers work fast, that's what earn the tips. "

So let me understand your way of thinking....if a cab decides to hurry to get rid of a fare for whatever reason and hits and kills or hurts someone the cabby is in the right, because they want to get that tip or beacause the fare was whining or maybe because the cabbie didn't want to deal with the passenger and wanted them out of the cab...?

</div></div>
right on I agree. thank you.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 12:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yorkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the way this post is going, something tells me that maybe it wasn't the cab driver who was being the ignorant twat after all. </div></div>
by the way yorkie it was the cabbie who was the twat.

millie
04-02-2008, 01:29 PM
for the record its not just cabbies who are *****s for parking there but the public at large does it too. How hard is it to park correctly? Sorry there I forgot I was in the Soo for a minute as it seems the majority of the drivers here have no clue on parking.

Kittie
04-02-2008, 01:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">for the record its not just cabbies who are *****s for parking there but the public at large does it too. How hard is it to park correctly? Sorry there I forgot I was in the Soo for a minute as it seems the majority of the drivers here have no clue on parking.</div></div>

I agree.. Theres snow on the ground OH NO! where do they park!?

No one can estimate a space for parking.

riggs
04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Personally I think that the specific Cab driver that this thread was talking about was totally completely in the wrong. If she was parked and blocking someone in, and that person came out to thier car the Cab driver should have moved. Plain and Simple. The SPECIFIC Cab driver was inconsiderate.

</div></div>

Finally, the voice of reason who summed it up correctly.All the bickering after this is just a waste.It could have all been eliminated by rephrasing the title to the one specific cabbie.There are some small people on here who feel it's their duty to attack a simple error in wording even after it was explained that the original post should have targeted the actions of this one driver.

blueeyedgirl
04-02-2008, 03:27 PM
I was in a bad mood yesterday and reacted in the way that kwf was posting to others. Didn't like the attitude much but i guess i gave it right back.

Now i have been in the same situation while a cab was behind me. I took cabs a lot before so i knew that the cab was probably waiting for a fare. So i sat patiently and waited till the cab collected their fare and went along their way. Didn't bother me none but then again i am a very patient person.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 03:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in a bad mood yesterday and reacted in the way that kwf was posting to others. Didn't like the attitude much but i guess i gave it right back.

Now i have been in the same situation while a cab was behind me. I took cabs a lot before so i knew that the cab was probably waiting for a fare. So i sat patiently and waited till the cab collected their fare and went along their way. Didn't bother me none but then again i am a very patient person. </div></div>
totally differ ent situation the cab would not move for my husband so he could get out your cab moved and yes I am patient also sop dont assume things about other people. you seem to think I was wrong you dont know what your talkin about.

blueeyedgirl
04-02-2008, 04:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in a bad mood yesterday and reacted in the way that kwf was posting to others. Didn't like the attitude much but i guess i gave it right back.

Now i have been in the same situation while a cab was behind me. I took cabs a lot before so i knew that the cab was probably waiting for a fare. So i sat patiently and waited till the cab collected their fare and went along their way. Didn't bother me none but then again i am a very patient person. </div></div>
totally differ ent situation the cab would not move for my husband so he could get out your cab moved and yes I am patient also sop dont assume things about other people. you seem to think I was wrong you dont know what your talkin about. </div></div>

I waited about 15 minutes before the cab behind me even moved. He was sitting there waiting for a fair who was not outside yet. So my story is almost the same as yours. The only difference is that i did not attempt to get out of the parking spot cause i knew there was not enough room and i did not get out to ask the cab to move. I patiently waited. The way the whole situation was handled by the cab(based on your story) was rude but your husbands attitude if anything like yours on here it wouldn't surprise me if the cab reacted based on the way that they were approached. Also if you are going to post on a bbs b!tching then expect to get some some difference of opinion from people. If you can't handle it you should not post. Simple as that!!!!

MaO3
04-02-2008, 04:24 PM
I'm sorry Blueeyedgirl I'm a really patient person but there is no way in HELL I would wait 15 minutes. Not a chance.

A couple of minutes maybe but my time is valuable too.

hp2
04-02-2008, 05:11 PM
Well I deal with cabbies everyday at school and YES im sorry but "some" of them are stunned....... I have no clue what they think.. where my kids go to school has the shiatyest parking ever... well the cabbies come in to get the kids.. and will park smack dab in the middle of the parking lot so no one can move and the principal ends up coming out to direct traffic cause this person just thinks he owns the parking lot.... WILL not park in a parking spot.. parks smak dab in the middle of the parking lot.. seen it more times then none.. this am for instance IM carrying my son out as he has crutches and cast and the cab drive was pulling up to the door.. PULLS right across where I had to walk.. instead of parking on the other side... so I ended up having to carry him around the van.. MY kids not light.. and to little to understand that he cannot get the cast wet.... then picks up his kid(fare) turns around and drives (fastly) through a puddle and soaks all up my pants.... and IM yet to see one that comes to our school thats pleasent...

I had a best friend that is a paramedic and before she had her job here she drove cab... SHE SAID NEVER AGAIN.... its brutal... but to me it all gos to if yas want respect then give it to others.. YOUS are not in cop cars.. YOUS are in CABS...

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 05:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was in a bad mood yesterday and reacted in the way that kwf was posting to others. Didn't like the attitude much but i guess i gave it right back.

totally differ ent situation the cab would not move for my husband so he could get out your cab moved and yes I am patient also sop dont assume things about other people. you seem to think I was wrong you dont know what your talkin about. </div></div>

I waited about 15 minutes before the cab behind me even moved. He was sitting there waiting for a fair who was not outside yet. So my story is almost the same as yours. The only difference is that i did not attempt to get out of the parking spot cause i knew there was not enough room and i did not get out to ask the cab to move. I patiently waited. The way the whole situation was handled by the cab(based on your story) was rude but your husbands attitude if anything like yours on here it wouldn't surprise me if the cab reacted based on the way that they were approached. Also if you are going to post on a bbs b!tching then expect to get some some difference of opinion from people. If you can't handle it you should not post. Simple as that!!!! </div></div>
what do you think? Im sick of you thinkn you know everything she wasnt on planning on moving at all,and second of all my husband stays out of this he didnt say anything he has has 3 heart attacks bad one the last one and he did ask her to move nicely, actually the first time he blew the horn she looked at us and turned her head twice and you think we were rude not. I think you got a problem.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I deal with cabbies everyday at school and YES im sorry but "some" of them are stunned....... I have no clue what they think.. where my kids go to school has the shiatyest parking ever... well the cabbies come in to get the kids.. and will park smack dab in the middle of the parking lot so no one can move and the principal ends up coming out to direct traffic cause this person just thinks he owns the parking lot.... WILL not park in a parking spot.. parks smak dab in the middle of the parking lot.. seen it more times then none.. this am for instance IM carrying my son out as he has crutches and cast and the cab drive was pulling up to the door.. PULLS right across where I had to walk.. instead of parking on the other side... so I ended up having to carry him around the van.. MY kids not light.. and to little to understand that he cannot get the cast wet.... then picks up his kid(fare) turns around and drives (fastly) through a puddle and soaks all up my pants.... and IM yet to see one that comes to our school thats pleasent...

I had a best friend that is a paramedic and before she had her job here she drove cab... SHE SAID NEVER AGAIN.... its brutal... but to me it all gos to if yas want respect then give it to others.. YOUS are not in cop cars.. YOUS are in CABS... </div></div>

thanks i feel I am not getting much help on this topic,just from a few.but this blueeyed girl seems to think she knew what was going on and she wasnt even there. she really is ticking me off.

lynys
04-02-2008, 05:57 PM
You need to seriously calm down. No wonder no one takes you seriously.

LIKETOWIN
04-02-2008, 06:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lynys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to seriously calm down. No wonder no one takes you seriously. </div></div>
I will calm down when people dont get so rude and it looks like your one of them. rude if you got nothin nice to say dont say nothing. I will not come back on this thread people need to grow up.

blueeyedgirl
04-02-2008, 06:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I deal with cabbies everyday at school and YES im sorry but "some" of them are stunned....... I have no clue what they think.. where my kids go to school has the shiatyest parking ever... well the cabbies come in to get the kids.. and will park smack dab in the middle of the parking lot so no one can move and the principal ends up coming out to direct traffic cause this person just thinks he owns the parking lot.... WILL not park in a parking spot.. parks smak dab in the middle of the parking lot.. seen it more times then none.. this am for instance IM carrying my son out as he has crutches and cast and the cab drive was pulling up to the door.. PULLS right across where I had to walk.. instead of parking on the other side... so I ended up having to carry him around the van.. MY kids not light.. and to little to understand that he cannot get the cast wet.... then picks up his kid(fare) turns around and drives (fastly) through a puddle and soaks all up my pants.... and IM yet to see one that comes to our school thats pleasent...

I had a best friend that is a paramedic and before she had her job here she drove cab... SHE SAID NEVER AGAIN.... its brutal... but to me it all gos to if yas want respect then give it to others.. YOUS are not in cop cars.. YOUS are in CABS... </div></div>

thanks i feel I am not getting much help on this topic,just from a few.but this blueeyed girl seems to think she knew what was going on and she wasnt even there. she really is ticking me off. </div></div>

You got rude with a few before i started posting. I went on what you posted here not thinking that i knew everything. So take your attitude and go somewhere else. You do not know me and i never acted like i know everyting. Like i said if you are going to post on here be prepared for peoples opinions!!! And if i really tick you off so friggen be it.

GoldDogs
04-02-2008, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yorkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From the way this post is going, something tells me that maybe it wasn't the cab driver who was being the ignorant twat after all. </div></div>
by the way yorkie it was the cabbie who was the twat.</div></div>

Ahhh ha ha ha ha ha!! That was a funny joke!

lynys
04-02-2008, 09:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lynys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to seriously calm down. No wonder no one takes you seriously. </div></div>
I will calm down when people dont get so rude and it looks like your one of them. rude if you got nothin nice to say dont say nothing. I will not come back on this thread people need to grow up. </div></div>

Well sweetheart, I WAS being nice. Should you care to discuss this in person, let me know. I can guarantee, I will be sweet as pie then too. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Stingray
04-02-2008, 10:01 PM
I've had cabbies park in front of me blocking the way, all I do is honk the horn like there's no tomorrow, give'em a shout to move and off they go, no problems here to get them to move for me, mind you, I can be a pretty agressive driver when it comes to things like that, especially when it comes to cabbies. lol...

FuZzY
04-03-2008, 10:07 AM
first off parking lot = no fault.. give the [censored] a tap and she'll move.

i used to drive cab, and sure i would stop in places i shouldnt sometimes to make it easier for my fare to see me. you cant expect a cab to park in one of the available parking spots, and hope that thier fare sees them. HOWEVER if i was blocking someone i would move.

and why would you wait until after you did a 36 point turn to get out to call. get on the cell phone call while you are blocked in the dispatcher has a radio that can reach that cab, and they can tell them to move. if they are not going to listen to you they will listen to dispatch. where i drove for if you screwed with the dispatcher, they would screw you.. and that meant minimal trips, and all the crappy trips.

LIKETOWIN
04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FuZzY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first off parking lot = no fault.. give the [censored] a tap and she'll move.

i used to drive cab, and sure i would stop in places i shouldnt sometimes to make it easier for my fare to see me. you cant expect a cab to park in one of the available parking spots, and hope that thier fare sees them. HOWEVER if i was blocking someone i would move.

and why would you wait until after you did a 36 point turn to get out to call. get on the cell phone call while you are blocked in the dispatcher has a radio that can reach that cab, and they can tell them to move. if they are not going to listen to you they will listen to dispatch. where i drove for if you screwed with the dispatcher, they would screw you.. and that meant minimal trips, and all the crappy trips. </div></div>
we didnt have a cell phone but we wrote her number down and called.

puppy
04-03-2008, 04:36 PM
the woman in that company is not the only one who will not move for other vehicles in a parking lot..there is some guys too..i know for a true fact and i will take a stab at it she was in a silver car number 7

LIKETOWIN
04-03-2008, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the woman in that company is not the only one who will not move for other vehicles in a parking lot..there is some guys too..i know for a true fact and i will take a stab at it she was in a silver car number 7 </div></div>
she was quite the bit&* thats for sure but I thought I seen 6-11

puppy
04-03-2008, 09:27 PM
oh ok maybe i don't remember but i do know who ur talking about and there was only the 1 female on yesterday..and to say it don't surprise me any

jaydee
04-03-2008, 09:37 PM
hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job

puppy
04-03-2008, 09:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>

hey there mooochi i am one of the many cab drivers in this city

jaydee
04-03-2008, 09:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>

hey there mooochi i am one of the many cab drivers in this city </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif i know some friends who are too and i know it could be hectic and not so fun

puppy
04-03-2008, 09:49 PM
yup it can be hectic and not fun but there is some perks to it though like u can make friends out of it

Macs II
04-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I have nothing against cab drivers but I still don't know they can make a living doing that? Same with vacuum cleaner sales people who go door to door...pizza drivers ...how do they do it ?

puppy
04-03-2008, 10:00 PM
well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs

jaydee
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have nothing against cab drivers but I still don't know they can make a living doing that? Same with vacuum cleaner sales people who go door to door...pizza drivers ...how do they do it ? </div></div>

gotta hand it to em if they can, i was at NuComm making ok money there but dont have any idea what they get, im sure they get reimbursed good

jaydee
04-03-2008, 10:02 PM
here macs.... http://lib.hku.hk/images/friends/reading_club/2005Apr_communist%20manifesto.jpg

Macs II
04-03-2008, 10:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs </div></div>

I didn't know that ...I had a friend who used to be cab driver and he told me there were days he would only take home like $25-30 for a 10 hour shift. Sure some days were better but I just don't know how you make a living doing that.

jaydee
04-03-2008, 10:04 PM
im sure some companies are better then others here yeah

Macs II
04-03-2008, 10:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here macs.... http://lib.hku.hk/images/friends/reading_club/2005Apr_communist%20manifesto.jpg </div></div>

Did you know that the Russians never had a Red Book ...It was the Chinese who did.
Karl Marx was a German.

puppy
04-03-2008, 10:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs </div></div>

I didn't know that ...I had a friend who used to be cab driver and he told me there were days he would only take home like $25-30 for a 10 hour shift. Sure some days were better but I just don't know how you make a living doing that.</div></div>

u can't really make a living at it but it helps pay bills when u are paid by the hour

jaydee
04-03-2008, 10:18 PM
well do you know Marx's theory's and do you agree with them at all?

Macs II
04-03-2008, 10:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs </div></div>

I didn't know that ...I had a friend who used to be cab driver and he told me there were days he would only take home like $25-30 for a 10 hour shift. Sure some days were better but I just don't know how you make a living doing that.</div></div>

u can't really make a living at it but it helps pay bills when u are paid by the hour </div></div>

If you get paid by the hour thats lot better because you are guaranteed a certain income then.

Quick Slice
04-03-2008, 10:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs </div></div>

Actually, there are 2...

puppy
04-03-2008, 11:06 PM
oh i forgot the other one(the white car people) so i am sorry macs but yes u are guarenteed a certain income every month..

jaydee
04-03-2008, 11:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh i forgot the other one(the white car people) so i am sorry macs but yes u are guarenteed a certain income every month.. </div></div>

well thats good then....

LIKETOWIN
04-04-2008, 07:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>
well she should of respected people.

LIKETOWIN
04-04-2008, 07:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: FuZzY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">first off parking lot = no fault.. give the [censored] a tap and she'll move.

and why would you wait until after you did a 36 point turn to get out to call. get on the cell phone call while you are blocked in the dispatcher has a radio that can reach that cab, and they can tell them to move. if they are not going to listen to you they will listen to dispatch. where i drove for if you screwed with the dispatcher, they would screw you.. and that meant minimal trips, and all the crappy trips. </div></div>
no actually she wouldnt mone. and second of all they dont need to be seen they get a call and they are right there to move to rhe doors.

adigirl
04-04-2008, 07:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>
well she should of respected people. </div></div>

And that is part of the problem with ALL OF US. We use and believe in words such as, "should". If we say that someone "should" do something we are setting ourselves up for disappointment which can lead to anger. It's really our thinking that gets an emotion going and then we react.

OK, that is the cognitive therapist in me coming out lol

LIKETOWIN
04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well see macs there is one company in town that is paid hourly wages plus then the tips are urs </div></div>

I didn't know that ...I had a friend who used to be cab driver and he told me there were days he would only take home like $25-30 for a 10 hour shift. Sure some days were better but I just don't know how you make a living doing that. </div></div>
some do it just for something to do.

jaydee
04-05-2008, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Buttercup (adigirl)</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
</div></div>

well, in that case then maybe you can help me with anxiety disorder (BDD)

jaydee
04-28-2008, 11:15 AM
puppy!? was that you in front of top hat i was dere waiting for my friend who ended up going inside top hat then i came to your passenger window, u asked me if shes coming back and i said she proabably wont be and you just left then? was that you?

Chaotic Chick
04-28-2008, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>

And that is part of the problem with ALL OF US. We use and believe in words such as, "should". If we say that someone "should" do something we are setting ourselves up for disappointment which can lead to anger. It's really our thinking that gets an emotion going and then we react.

</div></div>

Since moooochi bumped this up, I just saw this and had to laugh because that is what I was thinking when I read this... the cognitive therapist in you is coming out. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif But, it is true. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif When my daughter went through therapy, I found that I learned a lot and what you said about believing a person "should" do something can lead to anger and quick! I have learned that people's behaviour is not predictable and not only that, we cannot assume what a person is thinking or doing. Maybe the cab driver does respect people. She could have been tired or having a bad day and may have been distracted. Or she may have not cared. Who knows? Only her. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

DoubleXL
04-28-2008, 01:01 PM
I had an issue the other night with a cab driver. It was odd because I have never had an issue like this with any of the cab companies drivers.

Myself, and two friends were catching a cab from a friends birthday party. When we arrived at our destination my friend had to run upstairs to get more money, as he only had so much on him. I remained in the car. The driver then starts grilling me, asking me if I have any money on me...I told him no, that my friend went upstairs to get the rest of the fare. Instead of just accepting that, the driver continues to run his mouth, accusing my friend and I of trying to rip him off. He proceded to tell me in a rude tone "Your friend better come back with that money". My friend was gone for like 3 minutes. Once my friend came back, I got out of the car and was pretty upset. I had never been treated so rudely, or like I was doing something wrong when I wasn't before. This is not the first time I have had issues with this company, it is however the first time I have had issues with a driver.

The cab company will remain nameless. However, I remember riding in a white car ;-)

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:16 PM
Wow sounds like the guy thought he was going to get ripped off. I am sure he has had this experience in the past. Must not be an easy job. I know I am gonna get my full pay every pay day. He must not be as lucky. Maybe the fact that your paid and didn't scam him will help make him a little more secure.

Maybe instead of being upset about it in the future you can empathize with the guy and tell him you can understand why he might fear being ripped off but all you have is your word that he is gonna get his money. Just be supportive and nice back. If it doesn't work, at least you tried.

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kwf</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey respect cab drivers... they got a tough job </div></div>

</div></div>

cognitive therapy?? they said that helps OCD

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
Do you have that?

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Do you have that? </div></div>

no i dont im just taking this paxil for the fun of it

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:27 PM
OK smart butt, I didn't know. You need a med review. I'm not being funny or mean either. Your behavior on here is explained a lot by an OCD diagnosis. Go to your doctor and ask for a med review and referals to counselling programs in the city for OCD.

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:29 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">OK smart butt, I didn't know. You need a med review. I'm not being funny or mean either. Your behavior on here is explained a lot by an OCD diagnosis. Go to your doctor and ask for a med review and referals to counselling programs in the city for OCD. </div></div>

nahhh meds are enough for me!

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:30 PM
If you say so. Any other disorders?

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you say so. Any other disorders? </div></div>

OCD BDD and anxiety want more?

Chaotic Chick
04-28-2008, 01:38 PM
Meds are not the (only) answer. I have OCD but stopped the meds a few years ago. Counselling, therapy, etc works great. It worked for my daughter too, with her anxiety and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meds are not the (only) answer. I have OCD but stopped the meds a few years ago. Counselling, therapy, etc works great. It worked for my daughter too, with her anxiety and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

blahhhhhhhhhhhh its bad enough with the meds i cant drink anymore!!!!

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Exactly. I think he needs therapy. That is why he needs to go the doctor. He also may need a med review. Which is very important.

See Moochi...OCD person who is NORMAL on the board. Well, ABOVE normal lol

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Exactly. I think he needs therapy. That is why he needs to go the doctor. He also may need a med review. Which is very important.

See Moochi...OCD person who is NORMAL on the board. Well, ABOVE normal lol </div></div>

how am i above normal?

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:42 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meds are not the (only) answer. I have OCD but stopped the meds a few years ago. Counselling, therapy, etc works great. It worked for my daughter too, with her anxiety and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

blahhhhhhhhhhhh its bad enough with the meds i cant drink anymore!!!! </div></div>

Meds only help the medical part of the disorder. Therapy helps you gain a lot of tools to draw on to cope and problem solve appropriately on a daily basis. You aren't born knowing the answers, sometimes you need to be taught.

Madmax
04-28-2008, 01:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meds are not the (only) answer. I have OCD but stopped the meds a few years ago. Counselling, therapy, etc works great. It worked for my daughter too, with her anxiety and stuff. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

Wow crazy people in this world, me not included.

adigirl
04-28-2008, 01:46 PM
They aren't crazy.

Chaotic Chick
04-28-2008, 01:47 PM
Thanks, adigirl lol. I guess therapy works. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Wait, it DOES work! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adigirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They aren't crazy. </div></div>
cute av adigirl

jaydee
04-28-2008, 01:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, adigirl lol. I guess therapy works. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif Wait, it DOES work! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif </div></div>

what the heck do they even do in therapy?

Amaranth
04-28-2008, 01:49 PM
Nothing wrong with needing help its out there if you need it.

Chaotic Chick
04-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Why don't you try the therapy mooochi and find out? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif There are different kinds. Even having my daughter in therapy helped ME. Hers was intensive therapy in the home and the therapists were awesome but there are different types for different disorders.

Madmax
04-28-2008, 02:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why don't you try the therapy mooochi and find out? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif There are different kinds. Even having my daughter in therapy helped ME. Hers was intensive therapy in the home and the therapists were awesome but there are different types for different disorders. </div></div>

What about lack of sex disorder will they help mooochi for that?

Chaotic Chick
04-28-2008, 02:11 PM
That's not a disorder. That's just life sometimes. lol

jaydee
04-28-2008, 02:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

how would you know i need that?

Madmax
04-28-2008, 02:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

how would you know i need that?</div></div>

Many of the girls i know on here have PM'ed me about your lack of frustration towards them... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
04-28-2008, 02:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MadMax</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

how would you know i need that?</div></div>

Many of the girls i know on here have PM'ed me about your lack of frustration towards them... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

</div></div>

lack of frustration?

blueeyedgirl
04-28-2008, 03:53 PM
I'm actually not pleased with them right now. My son gets cabbed back and forth to school. He has severe developmental delay and my biggest fear is him getting lost when he is in the care of the school and the cab. Well last week and once again today they have attempted to drop him off at the wrong house. Scares the crap out of me!!!

puppy
04-28-2008, 05:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm actually not pleased with them right now. My son gets cabbed back and forth to school. He has severe developmental delay and my biggest fear is him getting lost when he is in the care of the school and the cab. Well last week and once again today they have attempted to drop him off at the wrong house. Scares the crap out of me!!!</div></div>

blue..as u know i work for the cab company that ur son takes and it is not most drivers there it is the select few who do not listen to directions properly and take the right address down...i know exactly where ur son is dropped off and never have i tried to drop him off at the wrong address...

puppy
04-28-2008, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">puppy!? was that you in front of top hat i was dere waiting for my friend who ended up going inside top hat then i came to your passenger window, u asked me if shes coming back and i said she proabably wont be and you just left then? was that you?</div></div>

no sorry dude it was not me

blueeyedgirl
04-28-2008, 05:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: blueeyedgirl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm actually not pleased with them right now. My son gets cabbed back and forth to school. He has severe developmental delay and my biggest fear is him getting lost when he is in the care of the school and the cab. Well last week and once again today they have attempted to drop him off at the wrong house. Scares the crap out of me!!!</div></div>

blue..as u know i work for the cab company that ur son takes and it is not most drivers there it is the select few who do not listen to directions properly and take the right address down...i know exactly where ur son is dropped off and never have i tried to drop him off at the wrong address... </div></div>

Nope I know it was not you. It happened once last monday and then again today. Just scares the crap out of me though. I know they can't drop him off that i have to go out and get him but still these last two incidents worry me very much. I seen the driver go to the wrong house cause I am watching so i called the cab company today right away and told him that the cabby was at the wrong house.

puppy
04-28-2008, 05:34 PM
yup i heard that...it is some newer drivers who do not pay attention to directions...it is told to them over the radio and they are told like 2-3 times or more and still get it wrong

jaydee
04-28-2008, 05:37 PM
lmao every driver we had were cool, talkative and social no complaints here enough for a good tip too!

puppy
04-28-2008, 09:13 PM
cool that is good moooochi that u had a good cab ride..and blue i hear ya on that fact..about being scared of ur kid being dropped off at the wrong place