PDA

View Full Version : Just answer ten questions

Wrangler35
04-01-2008, 09:21 PM
I just got a long distance call by an automated machine,stateing,just answer ten questions and you win a trip to the Bahammas.I hung up the phone,really not interested for one reason.Any-ways,has any-one else have this happen to them recently.All the phone numbers were zeros? Not an April fools joke,at least i'm not aware of it.

Ekue
04-01-2008, 09:24 PM
It is an automatic dialer, a computer program that calls people to get them to punch in a sequence of numbers so that they can charge you a huge long distance fee. It is good that you hung up.

Super Gram
04-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Its just a scam....we used to get them all the time until we got our answering machine

Wrangler35
04-01-2008, 09:49 PM
Thank's already,like i said i'm not interested in trips,for now any ways.May-be one i plan to say the least.

OFF Topic SLIGHTLY

Some on here are talking about being REAL..sorta like one username,and quit usuing pretenses, and taking like you would as if some one knew you.I did all that..I've put ads on here and the next thing you know i'm bombarded with SPAM.

In the past i've stated i had two usernames on my webtv, in which the girl friend and i shared.There was a lot of problems associated with that, Cyberfox being one,Reliableinfo being the other.I'm not sure if others admitted they had two usernames registered or more in their name but i did,and the verbal assults started flying..not by all of course.

A while Back,apparently those two usernames were NOT able to post,oh i could view,but NOT post.It was pointed out by Shawn that for some Technical reason,the two usernames Cyberfox,and Reliableinfo were not able to post because of the webtvs inadequacy.The point of that being an up-date was made thus webtv users apparently wern't able to post immediately after that up date.I wasn't happy hence the new computer,and of course now the girl friend and i share the name Camper.

My point is,some of us on here have been more than honest,and in that certain people knowing our past have done some gossiping.

I'm not a predator of any sort,but feal preyed upon by those less than friendly,and to whom i would like to know if its malicious or other wise..

I had phone calls soliciting because some one volunterred my phone number etc,thus setting me (Cyberfox) up.

I'm not saying this latest call was a result of that practice,saying just answer ten questions.

I've tried to help out certain usernmaes on here,all seemed a go,then NO word from those people.

It would thus seem certain usernmaes on here have nothing better to do than pm these people,because these lurkers follow the posts.

Again,people are being as honest on here as they can,some times the price is very high.

I've never hurt any one if by chance any cares to know.

This is A Community, and i've tried to stay in the boundaries laid out by vianet.

SPAM is every where,just like busy bodys.

givememore
04-01-2008, 09:51 PM
I get that all 000000000 number calling me at least 4 times a day.

Xzavia
04-01-2008, 11:17 PM
I'm getting sick of all the dang long distance numbers calling everyday, ughhhhh.....frustrating when you think it might be something important and you find out it's not!

Yesterday I had someone call and ask for someone that didn't even live here, then they started to argue with me that they did in fact live here as this was the number they gave!!!! Ughhhhhh.....finally hung up on them when they wouldn't listen to me!

jaydee
04-01-2008, 11:23 PM
its taking away jobs from people everything is gettin automated quite irritating

dancingqueen
04-02-2008, 01:08 PM
ya more call centre jobs... we really need more of those /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Wrangler35
04-02-2008, 01:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">its taking away jobs from people everything is gettin automated quite irritating </div></div>

Apparently,these call centers are doing the work (much cheaper) that Commercials use to do.

It really is annoying to try and distinquish if the calls are legtimate or soliciting.

What is doublly annoying,is trying to contact any major business or other wise,and be on there automated phone system.NOT sure if its automated because the metheod employed is to put you the consumer at arms length.How many times do you cancel some-thing and then the bill still comes in,you try to correct it again,and they claim it was your fault,and thus another fabricated bill.At least Shaw cable you can go to their office and straighten things out with no hassle.

hp2
04-02-2008, 02:07 PM
LOL IM not nice... I love when I answer the phone and they ask to speek to my mom.... I tell them ok you will have to call.. and give them some lame number.. cause well they are solicating to me and if they ask for my mother.. they are not well enough to know IM an adult.. or the woman of the house they can call else where...

then the other day. at my moms her phone rang during supper and they asked to speek to somebody by the name of my maiden name.. I have not heard that for almost 8 yrs.. and my mother is remarried and has not been that for almost 7 yrs. SO I told them IM sorry you have the wrong number nobody here by that name.. I forgot my brother was sitting right there HE could of took the call but they ask to speek to MRS..... SOOOO I just hung up they never called back... /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif IF Your going to call and soliciate.. USE and up to date phone guide so you atleast know who the hell you are talking to.. or close to it

MaO3
04-02-2008, 02:20 PM
I get PO'd when they call my house and can't say our last name, or my husbands first name correctly.

Now my oldest is getting those calls and they always get his name wrong too.

hp2
04-02-2008, 04:53 PM
I understand that as well ma.... NOT alot of people call me by my real name.. its usually something simlar but not very often my name..... AND when some one does say it right.. I usually congratulate them on it.. cause 99% of this population cannot say it correctly.. and MINES EASY...

Strife
04-02-2008, 04:56 PM
I used to get telemarketing calls every so often and they would always pronounce my last name wrong.

jaydee
04-02-2008, 05:31 PM
i know but Ma only eats home meade hamburgers /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif