PDA

View Full Version : Hard Disk Camcorder

LoneWolf
04-01-2008, 10:30 PM
I dont know if this would be the right place to post this but I need some help PLEASE!!

I recieved a camcorder dor Christmas...its a Everio jvc hard disk camcorder.
I have done videos on it of christmas ect that I would like to share but I cant download it to anywhere! its not the right format. Now in properties it says the file type is movie clip, is there a way to change the format so that I can download them to facebook,photobucket ect

PLEASE HELP
Thanks

axalon2003
04-01-2008, 11:18 PM
Did you install the software that came with the camera? It will likely have the neded codec or software you need to view and edit the videos.

LoneWolf
04-02-2008, 10:36 AM
yes i did install it and I can view them on my comp but cant upload them anywhere because it keeps telling me its the wrong format

H.E. Pennypacker
04-02-2008, 12:21 PM
you'll have to find out what the current format it is in is, and then see if there is any program on the net to convert it from that the one it currently is to a more popular one.

LoneWolf
04-02-2008, 03:15 PM
k guess I better find the manual for this damn thing why do they have to make things so damn hard to work with!lol

spinmonkey42
04-07-2008, 04:02 PM
it's a .mod file i believe coming from the camera. change the extension to .mpg and it should play in windows media player. i have the same camera /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

LoneWolf
04-08-2008, 12:44 PM
Hey yes it was .mod file but i had no problem playiny them on my comp i just couldn't share them anywhere like facebook photobucket ect
Turns out there is a way to change them with the editor I have! YAhhhh I had to go online to find that out but hey at least now I can change them.