PDA

View Full Version : Shaw phone?

terr994
04-03-2008, 10:18 AM
Anyone having probs this morning? asking for a friend.

KRP
04-03-2008, 10:19 AM
Yes Shaw phone is having difficulties in the Sault and the tech. have been notified and are working to fix the problem. (Had to call for my sister in law)

Chaotic Chick
04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Yeah, mine is not working and I am expecting some calls. Plus I need to call my work and my cell is missing somewhere in the house which means I can't call my cell to find it to make the call to work. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Apparently the phone is down all over the Sault.

Babzz
04-03-2008, 10:21 AM
crap!! i just checked my phone and its not working either /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

KRP
04-03-2008, 10:22 AM
None of the Shaw phones in the Sault are working, if you call Shaw for tech. support for the phone you'll hear a recorded msg. explaining what I posted in my last post.

Macs II
04-03-2008, 10:26 AM
My BELL phone is working fine and always will....LOL ....I was right again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

terr994
04-03-2008, 10:27 AM
dang it, can someone come on and tell me when they are back on please and thank you soooo very much my fellow soonetters? hehe.

KRP
04-03-2008, 10:29 AM
As soon as they are back up I'm sure there will be a few people that will be posting it.

KRP
04-03-2008, 10:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My BELL phone is working fine and always will....LOL ....I was right again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I will never go back to Bell for a home phone, sticking with keeping my cell phone right now.

terr994
04-03-2008, 10:31 AM
That sux for you guys!!! But in the end, if i were you peeps, I would phone shaw when they are back up and get credit for the tiome down, I did last time my cable and internet went down, wanted a free movie but they dont do the free movie thing no more shucks!!

froggy_doddy
04-03-2008, 10:34 AM
I'm NOT impressed with Shaw phone, hence my recommendation to hold off signing up...

http://www.soonet.ca/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=575570&Main=41921#Post575570

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-03-2008, 10:35 AM
I would never have even noticed my phone was down. I never call anyone and nobody calls me during the day /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

However, I agree with Itsonlyme. When I was having issues with my internet cutting out every couple minutes, they credited my next bill quite nicely, no questions asked /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Macs II
04-03-2008, 10:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My BELL phone is working fine and always will....LOL ....I was right again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

I will never go back to Bell for a home phone, sticking with keeping my cell phone right now. </div></div>

Well I need a phone that works all the time so I'm keeping my Bell phone. I have everything else with SHAW and have never had any problems with my internet but I just don't trust their phone.

terr994
04-03-2008, 11:05 AM
I am with vianet right now, so if my internet goes down so does my phone. But I got my cell for backup! I am sure Shaw will straighten out all the wrinkles soon. I never had probs with vianets phone service, just that with the call display only the numbers where coming up, but seems fine now, can't complain bout the price either!!! I don't phone long distance so it is very cheap.

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 11:10 AM
awww...Im expecting calls as well.
We had a death in the family and Im waiting to hear about the details etc.

So hopefully they don't call while the phone is down /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Strife
04-03-2008, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My BELL phone is working fine and always will....LOL ....I was right again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif</div></div>

I seem to remember a time when all Bell lines were down in this city not too long ago.....

Koss
04-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Actually they were out 3-4 times in a 6 month period last year. The biggest due to a fiber optic cable being cut near Sudbury. These things happen.

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
I just pressed the on button. Nothing happened.

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Are you sure our phones don't need charging though?

Mr. and Mrs. O'Sama Bin Ladin
04-03-2008, 11:44 AM
mine is out too just when i need to make a call damn shaw...lol

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:45 AM
Keebler said to tell you it is 11:44 am and it is still out.

SusyQ
04-03-2008, 11:46 AM
Mines fine BUT I HAVE BELL!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif

KRP
04-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Is he going to give us updates every couple of minutes? lol

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Yes. Still off.

General Lee
04-03-2008, 11:54 AM
who cares poop happens lol i would never go back to bell EVER

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Yep. I am getting pretty good at pressing the "on" button on the phone.

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:55 AM
We have phone!!!!!!!! Woot!

jeffster
04-03-2008, 11:56 AM
oddly enough...,my $20 vianet voip is working perfectly /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Mine still isn't working /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Not that I have any calls to make lol

lynys
04-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Mine is. You can come borrow it if you like.

General Lee
04-03-2008, 11:58 AM
yup mine is working damm thing stated ringing

H.E. Pennypacker
04-03-2008, 12:32 PM
mine is working perfect, and i will never go back to bell. in fact i will continue to recommend shaw. just because a couple people have problems shouldn't be a reason to tell EVERYONE to stay away.

At least shaw TOLD US they were having problems, unlike BELL where you call India and they have no idea, or you sit without phone service for a week without any communication as to when it's getting fixed. BRUTAL.

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-03-2008, 12:36 PM
How would you call them if your phone isn't working? And how would they contact you? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I guess cell phone...I don't have one of those lol

As for their service, my phone line is ALWAYS echoing and sounds tinny...if that makes sense? I don't care, though lol I'm happy with it and the price and I refuse to EVER have Bell for anything ever again /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif

H.E. Pennypacker
04-03-2008, 12:38 PM

Sophie's_Mommy
04-03-2008, 01:06 PM
ya me and my neighbours s shaw phones have not been working since 4 pm last night, but at 12 noon they started working again. that kinda sucked, missed some calls that were important, maybe this shaw phone thing wasn't such a good idea..lol..

Misschix
04-03-2008, 01:35 PM
Keebler any new updates on the shaw phone service?

H.E. Pennypacker
04-03-2008, 01:43 PM
working fine

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 01:51 PM
Earlier my phone display just said 'no line'

Now it shows my date etc on the display but I pick it up and theres no dial tone or anything.

I can't call them and ask why so I emailed them...hopefully it works soon

Sophie's_Mommy
04-03-2008, 01:53 PM
another thing thats bugging me is my phone says new msg on it but i dont have any msgs at all...lol..i dont get it.

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 01:55 PM
This is getting to me...Im waiting for important phone calls and it seems that everyone elses phone is now working!

lynys
04-03-2008, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chixybaby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keebler any new updates on the shaw phone service?
</div></div>

He says it is still working! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

Misschix
04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
i had an issue for over a month and a half with bell
sometimes our phone would ring and sometimes it wouldnt
i missed so many important calls and we had to do *69 as the phone would only ring once and my caller id WOULDNT work..
5 techs later they figured out that it was an issue with a new card they had on goulais ave with about 80 people on this card so they finally swicthed us back to the old card.
Now it is a matter of trying to get a credit with bell cause ill be damned if i pay for service i didnt not have...and pay additional for *69

Misschix
04-03-2008, 02:20 PM
oh might i add we also bought new phones caus eone tech tried to blame it on the phones

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
mine isnt working still!!

Anyone else have the same problem?

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 03:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chixybaby</div><div class="ubbcode-body">oh might i add we also bought new phones caus eone tech tried to blame it on the phones </div></div>

I also have new phones

leafs93
04-03-2008, 03:15 PM
Mine's not working yet either.

lovekisses
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
Ok I just talked to shaw from my cell phone and the guy re-set my phone.

He wanted me to let the people who don't have the phone back yet to either:

1) Call Shaw and ask them to re-set it

OR

2) Unplug the modem and wait a few minutes and then plug it back in...It should work but if not then call Shaw.

Im so happy Ive got my phone back!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chaotic Chick
04-03-2008, 04:10 PM
As my husband was going to check the phone to see if it was working, we received a call from Shaw to let us know it should be working now. lol Then he reset the voice mail password and it is all good now. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Things happen, no big deal... someone made the calls I needed to make for me today lol. I just messaged someone, asked if they could make some calls and he did.

metal_gods
04-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I work for a living so I have no idea if my phone was working or not while i am at work. It is working fine now.

jaydee
04-03-2008, 07:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: metal_gods</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I work for a living so I have no idea if my phone was working or not while i am at work. It is working fine now. </div></div>

ID's back??????

jaydee
04-03-2008, 07:13 PM
is shaw phone really that much better then Bell. i mean we'rve been with Bell so long they give us reasonable rates now is Shaw much better? and how does Shaw even have telephone now too?

hp2
04-03-2008, 07:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is shaw phone really that much better then Bell. i mean we'rve been with Bell so long they give us reasonable rates now is Shaw much better? and how does Shaw even have telephone now too? </div></div>

YES SHAW is better.. and before I even signed up.. I new there would be gliches its new.. how old is the internet and we still have glitches... ITS all a matter of time... AS for price.. for what I pay with shaw for 6 months is only 2 months of what I payed with bell.....

jaydee
04-03-2008, 07:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is shaw phone really that much better then Bell. i mean we'rve been with Bell so long they give us reasonable rates now is Shaw much better? and how does Shaw even have telephone now too? </div></div>

YES SHAW is better.. and before I even signed up.. I new there would be gliches its new.. how old is the internet and we still have glitches... ITS all a matter of time... AS for price.. for what I pay with shaw for 6 months is only 2 months of what I payed with bell..... </div></div>

whoa, but thats hoping that shaw will stay here for good

hp2
04-03-2008, 07:23 PM
even if it does not.. we got a good by card from bell canada asking for our business back an they would give us free connection yada yada if we decided to go back with them in the next yr...

jaydee
04-03-2008, 07:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ~~~~~</div><div class="ubbcode-body">even if it does not.. we got a good by card from bell canada asking for our business back an they would give us free connection yada yada if we decided to go back with them in the next yr... </div></div>

well im one to talk i got shaw internet which i like better then DSL and all that but havent got as far as thge phone too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

KWB
04-04-2008, 12:13 AM
NO TROUBLE WITH BELL LINE

alecat10
04-04-2008, 06:57 PM
ok, Shaw has steamed my bean with their problems! No phone service at all yesterday for 10 hours! Had to call twice, and wait on hold for 20 min. ea. time. No call answer service for 3 days, had to call 3 times, still not fixed! To add insult to injury, I opened my first shaw bill yesterday, and they overcharged me, and did not give me the introductry rate of $29.99 for the first six months!!! Ladies & Gents, ya might wanna pay close attention to your bill!! I am on the verge of going back to Bell, as they are currently begging! Never once did I hear the words "I am sorry for the inconveience..." grrrr

Timbit
04-04-2008, 07:00 PM
did bell ever say that to you though either?? if anything shaw will be the lesser of the two evil's..Bell is the WORST company out there to ever deal with....NEVER EVER again

H.E. Pennypacker
04-04-2008, 07:01 PM
at least with shaw you'll get your money back. with bell its like tug of war, and they seem to have the cheaters on their side.

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:06 PM
so... im guessing its not such a good idea to start phone with sahw?

Macs II
04-04-2008, 07:12 PM
I have had BELL phone for over 30 years and never had any problems with it or Bell. I pay my bill on time and thats all there is to it. I moved couple of times and one simple call and it was transfered to a new address. Why do I need to call India for tech support how to use a phone ? DUH ...I guess some people do

Only thing I won't get from Bell is internet......SHAW has them beat by a mile.

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had BELL phone for over 30 years and never had any problems with it or Bell. I pay my bill on time and thats all there is to it. I moved couple of times and one simple call and it was transfered to a new address. Why do I need to call India for tech support how to use a phone ? DUH ...I guess some people do

Only thing I won't get from Bell is internet......SHAW has them beat by a mile. </div></div>

yea same here really its not good to jump around all the time. especially if your a long customer of bell which gives you breaks sometimes

Macs II
04-04-2008, 07:20 PM
I pay $21.47 plus Tax a month and it always works so what's there to complain about.

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I pay $21.47 plus Tax a month and it always works so what's there to complain about. </div></div>

dont know why everyone complains aboyt ma bell?

Macs II
04-04-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah...I have had no dealings with them in 30 years expect to let them know I was moving and even that was very simple.
So what's there to deal with ?

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:26 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah...I have had no dealings with them in 30 years expect to let them know I was moving and even that was very simple.
So what's there to deal with ? </div></div>

dunno... people are strange

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:27 PM
guess they want inertnet and phone on the same bill???

Macs II
04-04-2008, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah...I have had no dealings with them in 30 years expect to let them know I was moving and even that was very simple.

dunno... people are strange </div></div>

the way they sound you think they deal with Bell on daily bases for some reason....I just can't figure out whats there to deal with lol

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yeah...I have had no dealings with them in 30 years expect to let them know I was moving and even that was very simple.

dunno... people are strange </div></div>

the way they sound you think they deal with Bell on daily bases for some reason....I just can't figure out whats there to deal with lol
</div></div>

lmao yeah i know you get the phione then thats it, no more dealings wit them unless they move addresses all the time, lots of wanderers here maybe /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

jaydee
04-04-2008, 07:37 PM
how do young people get ahead nowdays? once in society on their own they become like transients

Muffin
04-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I will never switch back to bell either, BUT I do agree with 'Kuiegrl' my phone is echo'y' as well, and I do not care for the answering machine...BUT its better than BELL! we can't have everything.

jaydee
04-04-2008, 10:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muffin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I will never switch back to bell either, BUT I do agree with 'Kuiegrl' my phone is echo'y' as well, and I do not care for the answering machine...BUT its better than BELL! we can't have everything. </div></div>

omg how does one hate bell so much??!!?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

Chaotic Chick
04-04-2008, 10:57 PM
It's easy. Bell is evil. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I have had multiple issues with them, and I would say 15 problems within two weeks is a bit much. I was more than happy to switch to Shaw the beginning of February.
I get the occasional "echoey" call; usually that happens when I am talking to someone who is using a cell phone. It is not as severe as it was with VoIP though. There are a couple of minor things that I need to get used to, but yesterday was the first time I was without phone service since I had Shaw phone. It happens. When I had VoIP my phone was always out, no one could hear me and it plain sucked. When I had Bell, my bill was always wrong, my phone didn't work for days at a time and the techs never showed. When it was something that could be fixed over the phone, I was transferred all over the place, asked stupid things like, "Is your phone working? Try pressing the 5 key". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif This, after I told the idiot I was talking on my phone? C'mon.
Just a couple of reasons I switched to Shaw, after trying VoIP and going back to Bell. All in all, I love it so far.

jaydee
04-05-2008, 01:18 PM
i find it strange hiw Shaw is better for the internet, but treds into telephone territory and just doesnt compare with Bell, and Bell's DSL doesnt match with Shaws cable high speed internet????

Strife
04-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Once the kinks are worked out then Shaw's phone will be very comparable to Bell's phone. You try getting voicemail, caller ID, 3-way calling, UNLIMITED long distance to the US and Canada from Bell for cheaper than the stand alone rate from Shaw.

H.E. Pennypacker
04-05-2008, 05:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i find it strange hiw Shaw is better for the internet, but treds into telephone territory and just doesnt compare with Bell, and Bell's DSL doesnt match with Shaws cable high speed internet???? </div></div>

the only difference i notice is the cheaper phone bill now that i'm with shaw.

Shawn
04-05-2008, 10:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's easy. Bell is evil. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I have had multiple issues with them, and I would say 15 problems within two weeks is a bit much. I was more than happy to switch to Shaw the beginning of February.
I get the occasional "echoey" call; usually that happens when I am talking to someone who is using a cell phone. It is not as severe as it was with VoIP though. There are a couple of minor things that I need to get used to, but yesterday was the first time I was without phone service since I had Shaw phone. It happens. When I had VoIP my phone was always out, no one could hear me and it plain sucked. When I had Bell, my bill was always wrong, my phone didn't work for days at a time and the techs never showed. When it was something that could be fixed over the phone, I was transferred all over the place, asked stupid things like, "Is your phone working? Try pressing the 5 key". /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif This, after I told the idiot I was talking on my phone? C'mon.
Just a couple of reasons I switched to Shaw, after trying VoIP and going back to Bell. All in all, I love it so far. </div></div>

Best part is you realize Shaw is using VOIP for your phones right? Only difference is their box plugs directly into the cable lines and uses private ip's... its really no difference than any other voip network.

Strife
04-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Except that the network it uses it totally secure and separate from public internet. Thats means I can upload a file at 200 kbps and not notice any difference on my phone.

Macs II
04-05-2008, 11:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Canadian13</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Except that the network it uses it totally secure and separate from public internet. Thats means I can upload a file at 200 kbps and not notice any difference on my phone. </div></div>

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/sidesplit.gif