PDA

View Full Version : Least we Forget

Chako
04-05-2008, 10:18 AM
I just came across this fact box on Canadian casualties in Afghanistan. It is not a pleasant read by any account, but sometimes a little remembrance is in order.

http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=d55f404d-6e0e-456b-82f1-6487d924faf8

MaO3
04-05-2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks Chako. It's not a pleasant read but something we should all be aware of regardless.

Tutones
04-05-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks Chako! I've been looking for something along this line for awhile to post on my classroom door - many kids don't seem to understand why it is so important to show respect when our national anthem is playing.

Super Gram
04-05-2008, 08:14 PM
These young men are giving their lives so people in Afgahastan can live free.

GenX
04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
Maybe if you guys would keep your noses out of other countries business, then you wouldn't have to keep a casualty count of the innocent souls who died because of your war-like mentality.

GenX
04-05-2008, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *Super Gram*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These young men are giving their lives so <s>people in Afgahastan can live free.</s> </div></div>

Canadian big business can exploit new markets.

t1000
04-05-2008, 09:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you guys would keep your noses out of other countries business, then you wouldn't have to keep a casualty count of the innocent souls who died because of your war-like mentality. </div></div> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Barry Morris
04-05-2008, 11:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you guys would keep your noses out of other countries business, then you wouldn't have to keep a casualty count of the innocent souls who died because of your war-like mentality. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...Canadian big business can exploit new markets. </div></div>

Save those quotes and change the country names.

haha
04-05-2008, 11:28 PM
[quote=R W G R

Canadian big business can exploit new markets. [/quote]

at least other countries want OUR business

Light_Keeper
04-06-2008, 12:01 AM
http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/mslife/poppy2.jpg
War is<u> never </u>the solution and <u>never </u>free.
These are statistic that I have used in the past:
WW1 Total Canadian casualties 67,000.
Total Canadian Wounded 173,000.
WW2 total Casualties 47,00 +
Korea Canadian Casualties 516.
This dose not take into count of the number of individuals affected by these deaths:
Friends and families
Co-workers and military unit survivors that watched their friends die.

many of our youth throughout history have fought for our freedom and safety.
Nothing I can say or do could come close to showing my greatest appreciation for their sacrifices.
Thanks for the update on the Afghan War.
My GOD watch over these young men and women.

04-06-2008, 06:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe if you <s>guy</s> <u>Americans</u> would keep your noses out of other countries business, then you wouldn't have to keep a casualty count of the innocent souls who died because of <s>your</s> <u>the US</u> war-like mentality. </div></div>

adigirl
04-06-2008, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the reminder Chako. I am proud of our peace keeping country and have great respect for the soldiers and their families.

GenX
04-06-2008, 09:59 PM
All the dead innocent Afghanis aren't quite as impressed with your military machine as you are.

tippikitty
04-07-2008, 01:34 PM
Well you can't please everyone.

Lazlowe
04-07-2008, 11:51 PM
RWGR - do those innocent Afghanis include the young girls the Taliban have murdered for trying to get an education? Or the women and children murdered in the market places by suicide bombers? Have you ever talked to any of our soldiers that have served over there to find out what it is actualy like - not just what you see on the news?
The butcher's bill is high,but doing nothing about these fanatics and killers is unacceptable.

Huggy85
04-08-2008, 12:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All the dead innocent Afghanis aren't quite as impressed with your military machine as you are.

</div></div>

I'm sure that the estimated 700,000 Iraqi civilians killed in Iraq since the American invasion are equally unimpressed by your "military machine".