PDA

View Full Version : Global Warming Will Make Us Cannibals

KDawg
04-06-2008, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> If steps aren't taken to stem global warming, "We'll be eight degrees hotter in 30 or 40 years and basically none of the crops will grow," Turner said during a wide-ranging, hour-long interview with PBS's Charlie Rose that aired Tuesday.

"Most of the people will have died and the rest of us will be cannibals," said Turner, 69. "Civilization will have broken down. The few people left will be living in a failed state like Somalia or Sudan and living conditions will be intolerable."

One way to combat global warming, Turner said, is to stabilize the population.</div></div>

Ted Turner: Global warming could lead to cannibalism (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/news/stories/2008/04/03/turner_0404.html)

Does anyone believe these global warming kooks anymore?

The global warming hysteria is not about protecting our environment.

Barry Morris
04-06-2008, 03:59 PM
I believe we really don't know what is going on.

Huggy85
04-06-2008, 05:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe we really don't know what is going on. </div></div>

I agree. And I think the real message we need to hear about Global Warming/Climate Change is that we should be using our intelligence and technologies to minimize our impact and the potential influence we might have on making things worse than they need to be.

GenX
04-06-2008, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe we really don't know what is going on. </div></div>

Which is why signing the Koyoto Treaty is incredibly naive and gullible.

The Kyoto Treaty is based on the presumption Global Warming is an unassailable fact.

GenX
04-06-2008, 09:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Huggy85</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe we really don't know what is going on. </div></div>

I agree. And I think the real message we need to hear about Global Warming/Climate Change is that we should be using our intelligence and technologies to minimize our impact and the potential influence we might have on making things worse than they need to be. </div></div>

A year ago, you all but claimed Global Warming is a fact.

Back-tracking, eh boys?!?! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Barry Morris
04-07-2008, 09:00 AM
Sure we did, Speedy.