PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with these parents!?!?

KRP
04-07-2008, 12:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/07/dnt.toddler.shoots.self.wdiv

Leaving a loaded gun within the reach of a 3 yr old!?!?

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

The Chronic Liar
04-07-2008, 12:02 PM
I think its because they arent smart enough to load it themselves

Sophie's_Mommy
04-07-2008, 12:05 PM
omg that is horrible, stupid [censored] parents , i hope they go to jail for this. that is so sad, poor little girl.

orchid
04-07-2008, 01:57 PM
wow! that is just awful. i hope the little girl is ok, and i hope that she is placed in a home where there are no guns lying around. those parent's shouldn't be allowed to get her back, if she survives that is. i don't agree with guns, but if you feel it is absolutely necessary to have one in the home, lock it up for crying out loud!

Larimar
04-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Vid won't load for me so I don't know what happened. All I can say is that I'll never comprehand how people can let a gun near the reach of a child.

millie
04-07-2008, 10:34 PM
Nothing is wrong with the parents at all you just have to look at where it happened! The parents actually fit the norm for that country.

Macs II
04-07-2008, 10:41 PM
There are stupid parents in every country.

jaydee
04-07-2008, 10:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2008/04/07/dnt.toddler.shoots.self.wdiv

Leaving a loaded gun within the reach of a 3 yr old!?!?

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif </div></div>

sounds like the states

Macs II
04-07-2008, 10:46 PM
http://stockimages.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/united-states-flag.jpg

aussie_angel24
04-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Yep..only in America!!! Makes me sick to hear when kids find guns lying around the house...but only in America now tell that to the Americans who love their gunlaws!!! That is why many country have strict gunlaws look at the percentage of deaths both accidental and purpose in the states compared to anywhere else in the world! Lets see how they feel now about having a gun in the house!!! Honestly if there were strict gun laws in America like there are in Canada and Australia who would feel the need for guns in the house or car...the American government needs to really look at all the factors and deaths especially with children and guns and get their head straight about that stupis law they hold. Thank god I do not live there and even if I was offered a milion bucks I would still never ever live in that darn country!

85mcss
04-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Oh look heres a stupid canadian parent !
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=e62f94f3-14e9-4d5c-86fd-35ac1033efe6&k=94964
yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job.

aussie_angel24
04-07-2008, 11:35 PM
I am sorry yes there is things like that everywhere..but take a look everywhere Canada compared to America there is no comparison we do not turn on the news everyday here and hear of shootings like the American news!!! Here many people can leave their doors unlocked over there in America lots of people have 2 or 3 locks on the door...work that one out! There will always be someone somewhere with a gun yes that is true but the statictics are there for a reson...just turn on the news!

aussie_angel24
04-07-2008, 11:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing is wrong with the parents at all you just have to look at where it happened! The parents actually fit the norm for that country.</div></div>

There is something very wrong with any parent that has a loaded gun in the house or car with kids running around no matter the country but I know for a fact that America has a huge death pole for gun usage and many on children...very sad. I am def not against all americans as many I have met are kind but I do not and never will believe in it been a free country or the gun laws!

The American government governs the right for everyone to own a gun they pract hand them one god you can buy bullets at a mini mart for crying out loud now that is disturbing! Gee just ban them and no one will be able to carry one in their house or car and risk these aweful things happening everyday there! Macs you are correct with what you say there are bad parents and people no matter where you go. But yes very sad to say it does sound like the states!!!

aussie_angel24
04-07-2008, 11:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: promod/builder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh look heres a stupid canadian parent !
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/story.html?id=e62f94f3-14e9-4d5c-86fd-35ac1033efe6&k=94964
yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>

Very disturbing indeed...how the hell could you kill your own children!

GoldDogs
04-08-2008, 12:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: promod/builder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>

What has this got to do with anything?

I think it is sad that a child got hurt. I would like to hope that at least ONE of the parents didn't know the gun was there and only ONE of the parents was irresponsible enough. I mean, what if the husband came in and just left the gun there before the mom even noticed. Heard the shot and she finds her baby shot?

Why didn't they call the cops on their own though? No phone? It is kind of wierd.

Anyway, it is really sad. I hope the child is okay.

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 01:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: promod/builder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh look heres a stupid canadian parent !
yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>

I totaly agree with you (except the part about the ladies and their backs... that was a little uncalled for) You are a fool if you think this kind of thing only happens in the States either that or blind, deaf, and mute.

jaydee
04-08-2008, 01:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yorkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: promod/builder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>

What has this got to do with anything?

I think it is sad that a child got hurt. I would like to hope that at least ONE of the parents didn't know the gun was there and only ONE of the parents was irresponsible enough. I mean, what if the husband came in and just left the gun there before the mom even noticed. Heard the shot and she finds her baby shot?

Why didn't they call the cops on their own though? No phone? It is kind of wierd.

Anyway, it is really sad. I hope the child is okay. </div></div>

beautifully said /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

jaydee
04-08-2008, 01:49 AM
i just love it how in the states they are so strict on speeding yet they allow guns and have loose gun laws

KRP
04-08-2008, 10:53 AM
Myself I didn't say this sort of thing only happens in the states.

I didn't post this link to the video just because it's in the states. I happened to be on CNN.com and watched the video and thought I'd share it.

Yes there is a lot of very sick and disturbing news that happens all over the world, but because I posted a link to something in the states instead of something from Canada doesn't mean comments such as "yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job." are called for.

The fact is it happened and it happened in the states so what. Personally I could care less where it happened.... it was the fact that it happened period!!

Light_Keeper
04-08-2008, 11:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: promod/builder</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>
How dare you insult women like that /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif
You must be extremely sick and perverted to use such disgracefull words.

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Myself I didn't say this sort of thing only happens in the states.

I didn't post this link to the video just because it's in the states. I happened to be on CNN.com and watched the video and thought I'd share it.

Yes there is a lot of very sick and disturbing news that happens all over the world, but because I posted a link to something in the states instead of something from Canada doesn't mean comments such as "yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job." are called for.

The fact is it happened and it happened in the states so what. Personally I could care less where it happened.... it was the fact that it happened period!! </div></div>

I think this person's comments where more directed at the people saying things like "only in America" and not at all directed to you. did you read some of the stuff that was posted??? If I was American I would have been offended!

KRP
04-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Yes which is why I said that I could care less where it happened, it's the fact that it happened period.

I didn't post this link to have others start bashing the U.S., it was about what happened to the little girl. I guess I should have added to my first post something along the lines of how sad this situation is and that it can happen anywhere and not just the U.S.

Either way this person's comment calling everyone moron hippocrates and commenting that ladies need to get off their backs and get a job was completely uncalled for.

Stingray
04-08-2008, 11:38 AM
yes it happens everywhere but you moran Hippocrates only point out the ones in the states. WTF is wrong with you people ? Canada has the most F@#ked up laws protect the bad people , BUT noooo you dont hear that do you ? ladies get off your backs and get a job. </div></div>In Canada, we don't have to worry about our neighbour shooting us because we stepped on their property. We don't get arrested and man handled for pissing in the bar parking lot after a good night out of drinking and we don't live in fear where we feel the need to carry a gun to protect ourselves. The US has the screwed up laws.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

aussie_angel24
04-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I totally agree with that on the screwed up US laws for heaven sake you go to jail for speeding over night if you can not pay the ticket on the spot yet they have open gun laws for anyone to have one...what the heck is wrong with this picture...BTW when people shoot America down when there is a shooting there I really wonder why look at the news you turn it on and you hear of shooting every day many more than 1 at that!!! Canada yes we have lots of crime and yes shootings and when it does happen it is heart breaking but it is not like 'ah go figure like that was not expected!!! but with the states that is how it is you expect to turn on the news and hear of shootings...sad but very very true god just watch the documentry 'Bowling for Columbine' it is all right there!!

aussie_angel24
04-08-2008, 12:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes which is why I said that I could care less where it happened, it's the fact that it happened period.

I didn't post this link to have others start bashing the U.S., it was about what happened to the little girl. I guess I should have added to my first post something along the lines of how sad this situation is and that it can happen anywhere and not just the U.S.

Either way this person's comment calling everyone moron hippocrates and commenting that ladies need to get off their backs and get a job was completely uncalled for.</div></div>

Everyone knows what you mean and we all hope that poor little girl is ok and we are not putting Americans to the ground as I said I have met many that seem very kind we are talking about the laws with guns...if you read clearly you will see that! Yes it can happen everywhere but read the facts and statistics with the gun laws and shootings.

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 01:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes which is why I said that I could care less where it happened, it's the fact that it happened period.

Either way this person's comment calling everyone moron hippocrates and commenting that ladies need to get off their backs and get a job was completely uncalled for. </div></div>

sorry I was just saying that because I don't think you needed to justify your post at all, /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 01:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: aussie_angel24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sad but very very true god just watch the documentry 'Bowling for Columbine' it is all right there!! </div></div>
This phrase alone completely discredits your information /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Barry Morris
04-08-2008, 01:55 PM
It was once estimated in Canada that 80,000 crimes each year are PREVENTED by guns.

Ever consider that??

I saw something I considered funny a few years ago. The media reported that a retired cop held two burglars in his house till police arrived. They wouldn't mention it in the paper, but it's pretty obvious just how he did it.

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 02:08 PM
But Barry, guns are illegal here, therefore no one has guns... er um... well, uh....

cassiechadwick
04-08-2008, 02:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But Barry, guns are illegal here, therefore no one has guns... er um... well, uh.... </div></div>

guns are not illeagal here in canada. just improper storage and handling are, as well as you must have the hunter safety course and/or restricted gun license and your guns must be registered.

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 02:19 PM
my bad. so, what I should have said is no one has a gun unless it is registered and stored correctly... my point prety much remains the same /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

Barry Morris
04-08-2008, 06:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....no one has a gun unless it is registered and stored correctly... </div></div>

You really think so???

blueeyedgirl
04-08-2008, 07:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....no one has a gun unless it is registered and stored correctly... </div></div>

You really think so??? </div></div>
I have to agree with Barry. Do you really think so DQ?
Here is just a few stories.....
http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=27724

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?
StoryNumber=27890

http://www.sootoday.com/content/news/full_story.asp?StoryNumber=29192

dancingqueen
04-08-2008, 10:22 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif of course not... I was being facetious