PDA

View Full Version : Michael Johns voted off!

everywoman
04-10-2008, 10:01 PM
I'm so disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

MaO3
04-10-2008, 10:02 PM
Me too. I can't believe it. My husband had a good point though, he wasn't american. So he didn't have a home state voting for him, or pulling for him.

He's a talented man though I'm sure he'll get a recording deal.

skibunnie64
04-10-2008, 10:04 PM
I think there were a lot of shocked people tonight with him being voted off. Look at Randy's face and Paula's, they were surprised he was. But I think Ma has a point of him not being
American

everywoman
04-10-2008, 10:06 PM
That's true. I remember back when George Canyon was on Nashville Star. It was down to him and the other guy, who was American. The American guy won. Funny, because George has gone on to have a highly successful career in country music here in Canada, and I've never heard from the other guy since he won the show.

Well, Michael Johns is truly talented and has a great sound. I'm sure he'll get picked up by someone.

Ultra54
04-10-2008, 10:08 PM
I would rather it had been that goof with the dreadlocks. I like David Cook the most.

MaO3
04-10-2008, 10:11 PM
We weren't watching it, we tuned in to see who was voted off and my first words when I saw them was "what not the dreadlocks boy"

Ultra54
04-10-2008, 10:30 PM
As in suprise or fear or happiness?

MaO3
04-10-2008, 10:32 PM
Surprise that he's still there and Michael Johns went home.

Macs II
04-10-2008, 10:34 PM
It's a lame show and they all sound like coyote's in heat

everywoman
04-10-2008, 10:43 PM
pah!

jaydee
04-10-2008, 10:49 PM
stupid shows

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 01:31 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ultra54</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I would rather it had been that goof with the dreadlocks. I like David Cook the most. </div></div>

that goof with the dreadlocks was the best singer that night.
he is real, very simple and has a heart. I feel it when he sings. He's the only one out of them all that isn't pretending to be someone else.

Michael Johns was very arrogant and thought he could win because of his beauty, well blah to that!!!! Good riddance!!!

<span style='font-family: Arial Black'>BUT!!!!! - </span>li'l miss hillbilly scaree underwear wannabe should have been voted off!!!!

archuletta looks like he's going to have a temper tantrum all the time and needs some chapstick, whats with the lip licking thing??? he is too shy and has been babied by mommy and daddy too much

Ultra54
04-11-2008, 02:49 AM
What ever.

everywoman
04-11-2008, 07:31 AM
Down with the hayta's!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif Go watch some manly show and be done with it!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

haha
04-11-2008, 07:58 AM
he was the lesser of the evils. i wish it would have been that whitney houston wanna be, she should have been gone long ago!

IMHO
04-11-2008, 09:08 AM
The best part of the show is the silly banter between Paula and Simon. She needs to take speaking lessons at Dale Carnegie.She looks impaired to me on most nights...drugs, alocohol or both.

haha
04-11-2008, 09:11 AM
she's definitely out of it most of the time.

Quick Slice
04-11-2008, 09:51 AM
leave the hottie dreadlock guy alone....he is sweet lol...ooops posting under hubbies name he is going to kick my [censored]..lol

newman
04-11-2008, 10:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a lame show and they all sound like coyote's in heat </div></div>

Why do you watch it?

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-11-2008, 11:00 AM
I wish Carly would have been booted. I hate her screechy voice and she can't sing worth $#!+. She mangled every Beatles song she did.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 12:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Carly would have been booted. I hate her screechy voice and she can't sing worth $#!+. She mangled every Beatles song she did. </div></div>

I think you are confusing Carlie with that horrible biker chic, her voice was screechy. Carly sang Blackbird and come together, which she sang very well. Her voice reminds me alot of
Sarah Mclachlan.

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-11-2008, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secret skwerl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Carly would have been booted. I hate her screechy voice and she can't sing worth $#!+. She mangled every Beatles song she did. </div></div>

I think you are confusing Carlie with that horrible biker chic, her voice was screechy. Carly sang Blackbird and come together, which she sang very well. Her voice reminds me alot of
Sarah Mclachlan. </div></div>

No. I'm not. I think Carly is a horrible singer.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 12:20 PM
can you do better? be careful how you answer because i'll take you up on it

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 12:21 PM
if you can't sing, don't criticise

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 12:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secret skwerl</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I wish Carly would have been booted. I hate her screechy voice and she can't sing worth $#!+. She mangled every Beatles song she did. </div></div>

Sarah Mclachlan. </div></div>

No. I'm not. I think Carly is a horrible singer. </div></div>

You obviously can't sing because to be able to sing you have to be able to hear and if you think carly sucks you need miracle ear

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-11-2008, 12:39 PM
What the heck does that have to do with anything??

So the only people that can have an opinion are the people who you deem can sing? Certainly not all those people have the voice of an angel (or in Carlys case, a banshee) Who the heck do you think buys these peoples records? I never have and never claimed to be able to sing, but I can tell a bad singer from a good one.

I'm sorry my opinion of her is different than yours. That doesn't mean that I'm wrong and certainly doesn't mean it's OK to insult someone /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif It's an opinion, sweetheart.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Well my opinion is that you have a hearing problem. I also think that people who can't sing have terrible tastes in music and can't appreciate it as much as someone that does know how to sing. But it's only my opinion so don't get all huffy and puffy like a soonet a no-life.

goodasgold
04-11-2008, 01:00 PM
I was suprised that Michael was voted off. I figured Carly would go just because Simon said she sounded mad. I honestly like her the best for women singers now. I had also liked Ramielle. I think David Cook is the best for the men.

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-11-2008, 01:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secret skwerl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well my opinion is that you have a hearing problem. I also think that people who can't sing have terrible tastes in music and can't appreciate it as much as someone that does know how to sing. But it's only my opinion so don't get all huffy and puffy like a soonet a no-life. </div></div>

I may not sing but I'm definitely musically inclined /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

A difference of opinion doesn't warrant a personal attack /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif

SusyQ
04-11-2008, 01:09 PM
I think secret skwerl is in a bad mood today because he lost his nuts.

MaO3
04-11-2008, 01:10 PM
I think David Cook is great. Carley has the best voice of the women - In my opinion. But frankly the guys are far better talents this year than the girls.

David Cook blows me away every time, I picked him during Hollywood week as a finallist.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 01:11 PM
Oh but you sure attacked me for my opinion...make up your mind

SusyQ
04-11-2008, 01:12 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: secret skwerl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh but you sure attacked me for my opinion...make up your mind </div></div>

What is with you today secret skwerl your nit picking thats not like you.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 01:16 PM
im sorry for being a pain in everyones behind today, yesterday I got dumped by the only man that I thought i had a connection with. i'm not looking for pitty just want all his crap out of here

SusyQ
04-11-2008, 01:19 PM
Okay see feel better now getting that out but first apologize too the people you've been taking it out on they didn't do anything.

mothwoman
04-11-2008, 01:20 PM
I already did

SusyQ
04-11-2008, 01:28 PM
Awesome!

Ultra54
04-11-2008, 02:02 PM
As far as the dreadlock guy goes my personal feelings are I don't care for him. I don't care he has nice eyes that he bats at the squeeling teenage girls.He can sing but I just don't care for him and I wonder often how many species of bugs live in his mop. The Irish girl is the best female singer and her eyes are captivating. The young lad is just a plain awesome singer and I get proud fatherly feeling watching him excel. Just a very humble likeable kid. The country girl might be the most attractive girl I have ever had the pleasure of seeing and she's a very good singer but I don't like country. Her looks will take her places, plus she is sweet. The Whitney girl is an awesome singer but I don't care for that type of music. She sure isn't hard on the eyes either. The weird/ pretty blond is an emotional wreck and seems quite awkward. Her voice is beautiful and she will find her way, just not my type those weepy females. David Cook stands out to me as the most tallented, although I didn't like this weeks song choice. I have seen lots of comments on Youtube from woman that appreciate he has a mind and they fancy the way he looks at the camera and flirts with it. I hope Dave wins. Oh ya, I also like his music style and the way he did that terrible Lionel Ritchie song Hello and make it into an excellent tune.Anyone who can make me like a Lionel Ritchie song sound great is tallented.

everywoman
04-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Sorry I spoiled it for you Keebler...I thought it was ok to post after the show aired.

Ultra54
04-12-2008, 01:47 AM
Spoiler...bah...ridiculous for a show that already aired.

Little B
04-12-2008, 05:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Everywoman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm so disappointed. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

Nice avatar Farley! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Babzz
04-12-2008, 10:56 AM
David Cook kicked butt with his version of "Billy Jean" a couple weeks ago! It gave me shivers!!

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aiawC-9aM

Tutones
04-12-2008, 11:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MaO3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Me too. I can't believe it. My husband had a good point though, he wasn't american. So he didn't have a home state voting for him, or pulling for him.

He's a talented man though I'm sure he'll get a recording deal. </div></div>

Of course he's American! It's AMERICAN Idol. He's just as 'American' as the 'Irish' Contestant or the 'Phillipino' Contestant. None of them may have been Born in the states but they all have American citizenship. I'm sure his adopted hometown voted just as vigorously as anyone elses.

Fact of the matter is, he wasn't a very good singer compared to the others that are still standing. I was surprised he lasted as long as he did. He's good, but the others are better. I predict in the end that David Cook will shine miles above the rest (just as he has all along).

MaO3
04-12-2008, 11:07 AM
On Idol they made it very clear all along that he was Austrailian. With Carley the Irish girl its NEVER stressed that she wasn't born in the US. Think about it. Every time he was introduced they said "Austrailian" they sure don't do that with the others.

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-12-2008, 11:22 AM
There are rumors (I say this because I don't know if it's true) flying around that both Micheal and Carly already have records out and a LOT of people are mad because American Idol is for amateurs...not people who are already in the business /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif That might have something to do with it...

Mimi
04-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I liked Rock Star INXS and Super Nova better - especially with both of them being won by Canadians. Wish they would do another one. David Cook could probably win.

everywoman
04-12-2008, 01:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There are rumors (I say this because I don't know if it's true) flying around that both Micheal and Carly already have records out and a LOT of people are mad because American Idol is for amateurs...not people who are already in the business /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif That might have something to do with it... </div></div>

I know for sure that Carly did have a record deal. Don't know about Michael though.

Ultra54
04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
I wish there was a way to make suggestions as to what they might sing. For David Cook I would suggest this Seether (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30xu5k77Da8) song named Waste. I feel it would compliment his style perfectly.

haha
04-12-2008, 02:23 PM
i would suggest 8 days a week for Kristi Lee.

Krysta
04-12-2008, 10:54 PM
I think Carly should of left, I hate her voice and what is with that Eye popping thing she does with her cheeks sucked in.
It looks like someone keeps feeding her sour candy before she sings. ERRR

I really like Brook shes my fav, and well dread locks dude is a cutie.