PDA

View Full Version : excessive sweting

jaydee
04-14-2008, 12:34 AM
i mean is it good to sweat but like how much is good. is it a weight problem if you sweat too much or maybe just you got a faster metabolism, i know people that dont sweat at all, but i sweat alot and i dont even do any rigorous work. so is it the food maybe too much food or what is it, i already use a 3X stick deodorant and i shower but still sweat once im out

Kittie
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
deodorant won't help with sweating.
you need "anti-perspirant"

maybe that will help

nightingale
04-14-2008, 09:13 AM
A few years ago my husband was quite over weight. He too would sweat very easily without exertion. It was quite embarrassing for him too, as he would soak right through his shirts at work.

He decided to lose weight (lost lots!) and got down to his healthy weight and he barely sweats now - like normal deodorant manageable sweat.

Other things that can cause excessive sweating are certain medications as well as certain health problems (diseases).

You can get stronger deodorant/antiperspirant from the pharmacist - just ask him.

There is also a medical procedure where you can have all the sweat glands removed from under your arms so that you don't sweat there at all. I've been told it works amazingly! The same can be done for sweaty feet.

jaydee
04-15-2008, 02:21 AM
whoa thanks nightingale! i didnt know that, well it hasnt been that much of a problem but i was just curious. like i can go through the whole winter with just a tshirt under my winter coat, while other people bundle up so much, i must be more warm blooded or i dont know, but maybe cause i eat too much, i hardly over exert myself that much

LettuceLady
04-15-2008, 11:12 AM
It sounds like hyperhidrosis. You can get botox injections for this and it really does help. My cousin had it done. The botox paralyzes the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands.
It is pricey but some insurance companies will cover it.

Evangeline
04-18-2008, 01:10 PM
that's what I need, ever since my late teens my feet and underarms sweat a lot, expecially when I'm COLD of all things! It's really uncomfortable, and I have to change my top halfway through the day on bad days, it's acctually better in the summer for me, I don't know why but when I'm cold I just get soaked! I use a deodarant called certain dri that you put on at night before bed and it helps stop it but you have to really keep on it and put it on nightly, and it is really hard on your skin, dries it out ect. I would really like to get my glands removed or try the botox, it's not a vanity issue for me at all, it doesn't embarass me it's just really uncomfortable.

Anyone know how I go about getting a consultation for any of those procedures? I don't have a family doctor. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-18-2008, 03:24 PM
If you go to the pharmacist and ask for Drysol, that stuff works awesome.

Just apply it to your underarms every night. After awhile, you only have to use it once a week or so but it dries your sweat glands and you don't sweat at ALL under your arms.

dancingqueen
04-18-2008, 05:51 PM
I have a simmilar problem, only it is not just under my arms, it is everywhere! it is a pain in the [censored] because my Boyfriend sleeps with like 3 shees, a comforter, a duvet and a feather mattress topper.. It's hard to snuggle when you need to constantly come out from under the sheets to get some cool air /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif but I don't think it's a weight thing because I have been like this all my life, and getting botox all over my body is not very reasonable I don't think.

haha
04-18-2008, 06:59 PM
sorry DQ i know ur serious and all but that visual of u is just too dam funny!

jaydee
04-19-2008, 01:17 AM
when i sweat it smells like onions (sometimes like skunk) i end up smaelling like a whopper, i mean its healthy and all cause at least im sweating but its a bit uncomofortable in social situations!

jaydee
04-19-2008, 01:18 AM
i could go through the winter with a tshirt and jacket, no need for hoodies,sweaters or none of that stuff

Kittie
04-19-2008, 01:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i could go through the winter with a tshirt and jacket, no need for hoodies,sweaters or none of that stuff</div></div>

So, your body is also very warm?
Or you just sweat?

jaydee
04-19-2008, 02:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kittie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i could go through the winter with a tshirt and jacket, no need for hoodies,sweaters or none of that stuff</div></div>

So, your body is also very warm?
Or you just sweat? </div></div>

quite the opposite i think im either a few below or above in body temperature, sometimes im so cold i dont feel any cold outside, sometimes i sweat alot and my shirts stick to me when its cold out

IMHO
04-19-2008, 10:34 AM
Smelly persperation i would sugest hints at a health problem(onions for ecample).

Erykah101
04-22-2008, 11:00 PM
I actually had the surgery to have my sweat glands removed from under my arms. Dr. Mossing did it back in 2000. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would suggest calling his office if you don't have a family doctor and maybe they can help you arrange the surgery. I can give you more info if you're interested. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
04-23-2008, 01:42 AM
well a pharmacist said if you dont drink enough water you will sweat more and lately i havent really been having much liquid but just food and i went to check at the pharmacy to go see the gillette strong deodorant the one thats more then the one they sell theg generic one, this is a special one stronger with more aluminum in it. ib asically figure i dont drink enough water, eat too much or dont apply deodorant on every day thats probably why