PDA

View Full Version : Opinions asked for!

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 08:40 AM
My son has crohn's disease, he was very sick, and the only thing that saved his life was a drug called remicade, of which he takes the generic brand, but it costs $3300.00 every 8 weeks.
He is no longer in school, is a young adult and is no longer covered on our drug plan.

He is being denied odsp, although he did receive odsp for kids as a child.

However, opon sending letters to the MP, ombudsman, etc......
I discovered while doing research, that drug and alcohol addicts are being considered to receive odsp because of their addiction.

But my son doesn't qualify for odsp, even with the medical documentation to back him up, regarding his crohn's disease and additional learning disabilities.

Don't you think that this is wrong? On so many levels?

The drug my son needs he receives through intravenous treatments and without it, he is bedridden with the symptoms of crohn's. Its a day treatment that he receives in the hospital with other patients that are receiving blood transfusions and chemo. He has been diagnosed with severe crohn's disease since the age of 11.

We are still fighting the system and jumping through the hoops. I dont know, maybe my son should turn into an alcoholic, so he can qualify! (sarcasm) what do you think?

mags
04-14-2008, 08:48 AM
Chron's is a tough disease to live with. Seems unfair and not right to be disallowed odsp after being covered during childhood. Is there not another program that will pay for his drug treatments while fighting this?

LIKETOWIN
04-14-2008, 08:52 AM
that just ticks me off and you are right I know of a couple of people one thats a drunk and a big drugie she brags about getting odsp because of it and if you play stupid as well seeing the phscyatrist you get it also.i had problems with odsp before because they dont want to do much for you here but I went over their heads. I am sending you pm for who you can call.

dancingqueen
04-14-2008, 08:53 AM
you should check out the trilliam foundation, ask at a pharmasist for information about it and if his drugs would be covered.
It is not fair, espesialy when you see that your son has done no wrong to deserve this, yet is left un assisted by the gov't, yet people who don't even try to live healthy lives get all the help they want. Sadly enough, if the trilliam foundation cannot (will not) cover his medication you may be among many Canadians that are better off quiting their job and going on welfare /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif
Good luck

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 09:10 AM
thanks for your opinions. yes I am already applying for trillium, the deductable, is $3100.00 for him. He is a young adult and wants to live on his own. He gets job but is usually let go, because of being unreliable. (due to his health etc... the employers like him, and he does work well, with the jobs he has had. However, minimum wage jobs will not give him the coverage he needs for his drugs.

Trust me, I have written to everyone, including the legal clinic as we are appealing the odsp rejection.

The other dilemma is that, remicade is one of those drugs that is not approved, on odsp, trillium, or ontario works. SO we are also having to fight the many systems, with a section 8 form, to have that drug covered. Section 8 was denied once already, but his family doctor is dealing with it.

PS. he is a young adult, and we already have him living outside the home, on ontario works. Again the section 8 form has to be approved before his drug is covered on any plan.
We got him on Ontario works, as suggested by the MP office.

The Chronic Liar
04-14-2008, 09:21 AM
Wow that is unreal. Hopefully you find the help you are looking for.

goodasgold
04-14-2008, 09:28 AM
Wow, that is crazy. My sister is on ODSP because of her Crohn's. She is no longer on medications at the moment either. She is on the waiting list for a hip replacement and she's only 26. I hope you can find some way to have the medications covered. That seems an unreal price when you don't have drug coverage.

shy1
04-14-2008, 09:55 AM
My son has Crohn's disease and he has no medical coverage as well so I know how you are feeling, we try to pay for any medications he needs we were told to apply for trilliam as well.

IMHO
04-14-2008, 10:57 AM
Its time to call our members of parliament on this one. Its the least they could do to find you some assistance.

adigirl
04-14-2008, 11:30 AM
It is not fair in any stretch of the imagination. I think calling members of parliment is a great idea. All I can offer you is a hug and a my thoughts and prayers that this turns around for you and others who are in the same or similar circumstances.

Super Gram
04-14-2008, 04:27 PM
Of all the money the government wastes. You would think they would look after the people who need this expensive medication. My grandson had terrible acne and my son had to pay over$3,000 for the special meds he had to take. That was 10% of what it cost. You cannot tell me meds are worth that much. Someone is making a heck of a lot of money off poor people.

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks so much for your support. Members of Parliament, are involved, but the wheels turn slowly if at all at every turn.

My son just turned 19 last november. I really hope the legal clinic can turn our appeal around.

If section 8 gets denied again. I guess I will then go to the media.

Onlygodknowswhy
04-14-2008, 05:52 PM
I know how hard this is....I had to go on ODSP, and I had to try 3x to finally get on. With what I have I was taken out of school, work etc. I went as far as losing my licence among others before I was finally ok'd to recieve ODSP.

I also know of others who seem to get ODSP without even trying and not really having wrong with them. If you believe this I know someone who was braggin he got on ODSP cause he told his dr. he believed his own lies. Also I know ppl who have alcohol/drug problems that are on it as well. These ppl can be treated and be free from their addiction (even knowing its called a disease). People like your son, myself and others that will have something for the rest of our lives seem to have to fight for it.

I have had problems holding jobs too, I have applied to many but couldnt hold on to the schedule. NCO and some other call centers wouldnt even consider me after explaining what I have.

I dont know how true this is, but like you said crohn was not getting him on ODSP, from what I heard ppl with epilepsy even had a very hard time getting on ODSP

Light_Keeper
04-14-2008, 05:59 PM
[b] You could call, Sue Foltz[ at OW , she works wiyh special needs clients, also there is a Community Trust Program, that may help.
I do not know the criteria for either, but give it a shot.

We could all get together and protest in front of the local ODSP building on his behalf. Make signs and march up and down, sure the media would come.We all need to work together and start making those in power, listen to us and our plights./b]

LIKETOWIN
04-14-2008, 06:41 PM
this is the strangest thing, today my son called he has been having stomach problems for awhile, they were so bad over the weekend he went to emerg today. they sent him for a cat scan and the doctor thinks its crohns, they are sending him for the other test.colonoscopy. he said his bowel is swollen. and he is having alot of stomach pain he said it hurts to even touch.

Chaotic Chick
04-14-2008, 09:33 PM
My husband has been fighting to get on ODSP for over two years. He is currently working, but he is on 7 different meds, has a severe sleep disorder as well as some physical limitations. He works a 3 am shift, even though he has a sleep disorder so that I do not have to be the only one working and it sucks. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I feel so bad that he has to do that. I do not have benefits at work, so we are forced to pay for them. Trillium would still cost us an average of $300 per month we found out.

Oh, and it is not only the sleep disorder that keeps him from working, but I do not want to post what else it is, as it is his business to do so if he wishes. We once went to OW to ask about getting help with meds and the woman was so rude. She said to him, "Disabled or not, maybe you should work to get your meds or just go off them completely." This was after she saw several forms from his doctor, stating that he was permanently unable to work. I kind of expected that, since we are not eligible for OW but the woman did not give us any good advice even!

He goes for yet another hearing soon and I am crossing my fingers. I hate seeing him work nights and his constant pain is horrible. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

LIKETOWIN
04-14-2008, 09:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My husband has been fighting to get on ODSP for over two years. He is currently working, but he is on 7 different meds, has a severe sleep disorder as well as some physical limitations. He works a 3 am shift, even though he has a sleep disorder so that I do not have to be the only one working and it sucks. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif I feel so bad that he has to do that. I do not have benefits at work, so we are forced to pay for them. Trillium would still cost us an average of $300 per month we found out.

Oh, and it is not only the sleep disorder that keeps him from working, but I do not want to post what else it is, as it is his business to do so if he wishes. We once went to OW to ask about getting help with meds and the woman was so rude. She said to him, "Disabled or not, maybe you should work to get your meds or just go off them completely." This was after she saw several forms from his doctor, stating that he was permanently unable to work. I kind of expected that, since we are not eligible for OW but the woman did not give us any good advice even!

He goes for yet another hearing soon and I am crossing my fingers. I hate seeing him work nights and his constant pain is horrible. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>
good luck to you I hope you get it. people get it with nothing wrong with them such as druggies and drunks. It took my husband 3 times before he got it.

jaydee
04-14-2008, 09:52 PM
i wouldnt go on disability. it might mess up your chances to land a job after, i keep away from it, but to each their own.

Chaotic Chick
04-14-2008, 10:27 PM
Thanks, tito he really would work regularly if he could. I, on the other hand, was on disability and now have worked for 8 years. So, moooochi a person can go back to work after being on disability. Then again, one diagnosis was wrong lol. The other one was temporary... and now I have been working steady. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
04-14-2008, 10:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks, tito he really would work regularly if he could. I, on the other hand, was on disability and now have worked for 8 years. So, moooochi a person can go back to work after being on disability. Then again, one diagnosis was wrong lol. The other one was temporary... and now I have been working steady. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

whoa thats good to know thanks! but i still wont go on it

Chaotic Chick
04-14-2008, 10:32 PM
I would never want to go back on it myself, to be honest. Not unless I absolutely had to. I ocassionally have to take a week or so off for sciatica or kidney stones but then I go back to the daily grind. I like working. (Just don't like my job and hope I get the one I have a 3rd interview for lol).

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 10:36 PM
Its great to know you wouldn't go on disability, obviously, you dont need it. Obviously you can land a job. In a perfect world, my son wouldn't have been on tube feeds for six months in a year. He wouldnt be hospitalized at 12 years old with welts all over his legs (erethema nodusom) a severe rash that burns from the inside out, painful enough that he couldnt walk. ulcerated sores from his throat, through his esophagus, his digestive track, his colon, and right out his [censored]. He was beyond surgery. The doctors words, not mine. Maybe if you were the mother or father of a child, that every day, you worried how long that child had to be alive. YOu wouldn't care if he could land a job, or what being on disability would mess up for him in his future. Because without his life saving medication that he needs, he wont have any future. He'll be six feet under. Not everyone is out to take advantage of a system. Disability is designed to help people who really need it. Sure there are people that take advantage and abuse the system, thats why those people who need it so desperately have to jump through hoops in order to get it.

chaotic chick, my reply was for the moochie whatever, i hadnt even read your comment. I just thought that here are other people sharing their stories and struggles, and moochie just got me off on the wrong foot, because his opinion, was cold, insulting, and had nothing to do with the rest of this thread.

I dont like generalizations about any group or specie, Not everyone fits in a blanket statement.

Moochie, no offence but I guess i am a little frustrated. Because your short comment is how alot of the people who are making these decisions act or feel towards people that apply.

nothing personal.

jaydee
04-14-2008, 10:38 PM
well technically i havent been having luck landing a job besides call centres. though i still keep away from disability, i am able to work

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-14-2008, 10:41 PM
Bluemoon, don't pay any attention to moooochi. He's the local board downer full of the "woe is me" stories. Just ignore him.

jaydee
04-14-2008, 10:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bluemoon, don't pay any attention to moooochi. He's the local board downer full of the "woe is me" stories. Just ignore him. </div></div>

whoa whered that come from? i said something nice and you bash me?

Macs II
04-14-2008, 10:44 PM
and now mooochi will sing for us (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibYQhm7WJdI)

jaydee
04-14-2008, 10:46 PM
ok im the resident board downer!! ok ok /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 10:48 PM
thanks...

you know it reminds me of when my son was 12 in the hospital, and posted in here asking people to donate toys and books to pediatrics, because the preteens had nothing descent in there and it was depressing with the paint falling off the walls, and some person actually wrote in there that if the parents of these kids in pediatrics didnt like it, they should paint the walls themselves.

it took a long time before i ever posted in here again. It was mean and hurtful.

I'm not saying moochie was mean or hurtful. I dont believe he meant to be. SOmetimes when you've never had to walk that path, you arent able to put yourself in someone elses shoes.

I'm just pointing out, that with the freedom of speech, it would be nice if people tempered their opinions with a little thought of kindness in circumstances where there is a lot of stress and pain going on.

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 10:51 PM
moochie, no offence meant. I know you didnt mean it, the way I took it. Its just when your spending 24/7 fighting for something a child of yours needs, you can get a little touchy.

I know I overreacted.

I apologize. Not bashing moochie. lol bad bad bluemoon. now will moochie sing for us.

just lightening things up.

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 10:54 PM
great singing there moochie. very cute

jaydee
ohh im so sorry if i meant anything bad i just made a generalization here. i said i wouldnt go on disability, bbut maybe yes you need it, when i say "I" its just me speaking in general, so im sorry. but i dont know why i keep gettin bashed on here /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

SusyQ
My gosh bluemoon the attitude on you is amazing. You have every right too be sad mad upset hurt and the list goes on but here you are apoligizing. You my dear are a true wonderful person and I commend you for what you are doing.

jaydee
and so youre not bloodmoon? you're bluemoon!

lk_wicked
04-14-2008, 10:56 PM
that trust thing, turned us down. its a small fund and three thousand dollars would be their whole years budget. been there. but thanks.

Chaotic Chick
04-14-2008, 11:20 PM
Bluemoon, I wish your son all the luck in the world. Just as I hope my husband can get his ODSP claim over and done with. My husband is one of the ones who PM'ed you this morning (username Operating System Not Found). We have struggled and it has been hard. I look after him and it is difficult for me, working, having children, looking after him and at one time, looking after a disabled child. I have a daughter who is 16 and will possibly need to be on disability when she is a young adult as well and I feel such hopelessness.... when I hear stories like yours, and I know of my husband's struggles over the years. But there has to be a way. Our families need some sort of conclusion to this BS. I myself tried to get disability for my 16 year old a couple of years ago and was turned down so many times that I gave up. Shame on me, I know but I felt it was never going to happen. Now I am behind my husband and his fight 100% and praying we will get an answer soon.
Good luck to you and your son.

lk_wicked
04-15-2008, 12:07 AM
goodluck chaotic chick and keep in touch, if I make the right moves and succeed, I'll give you a list of names who finally came through for us.

if that should come.

SuzieQ THANKS FOR THAT its always good to hear. As for an amazing attitude. Its called one day at a time. There isnt really any choice in going that battle. He's 19. He wants to be out on his own. ANd I am more then ready to let him go, with my love and support and encouragement, and with him knowing if he doesnt make it, he can come back.

The problem is he is 19, and there is no choice but to get this fixed. Who could possibly afford $3300 every 8 weeks?

My mother thinks I should open a bank account for him and ask the media to get donations. LOL if it was a one time issue of getting his drug, that would work. But noone is going to donate every 8 weeks for the rest of his life. He's been on this drug for three years or more, he cant be without it.

keep on plugging

jaydee
04-15-2008, 02:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: *kuietgrl*</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bluemoon, don't pay any attention to moooochi. He's the local board downer full of the "woe is me" stories. Just ignore him. </div></div>

why do you think i always put a downer on things kuietgrl? maybe have you ever heard of being realistic about things maybe and realize the way things are thats why i put a downer on things? even so id rather put a downer on something then fake it and be fake!!!

bluemoon /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif whatver i said wrong im sorry but im the most realistic board poster here, dont kid yourself

kuietgrl (got lost)
04-15-2008, 06:35 AM
Mooochi, you are probably one of the few on here that need a good reality check. I'm not hijacking yet another thread to turn into a job hunt for you.

LIKETOWIN
04-15-2008, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i wouldnt go on disability. it might mess up your chances to land a job after, i keep away from it, but to each their own. </div></div>

well my husband will not work again but he has worked along time before this happened. believe me he wish he could work.

LIKETOWIN
04-15-2008, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluemoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its great to know you wouldn't go on disability, obviously, you dont need it. Obviously you can land a job. In a perfect world, my son wouldn't have been on tube feeds for six months in a year. He wouldnt be hospitalized at 12 years old with welts all over his legs (erethema nodusom) a severe rash that burns from the inside out, painful enough that he couldnt walk. ulcerated sores from his throat, through his esophagus, his digestive track, his colon, and right out his [censored]. He was beyond surgery. The doctors words, not mine. Maybe if you were the mother or father of a child, that every day, you worried how long that child had to be alive. YOu wouldn't care if he could land a job, or what being on disability would mess up for him in his future. Because without his life saving medication that he needs, he wont have any future. He'll be six feet under. Not everyone is out to take advantage of a system. Disability is designed to help people who really need it. Sure there are people that take advantage and abuse the system, thats why those people who need it so desperately have to jump through hoops in order to get it.

chaotic chick, my reply was for the moochie whatever, i hadnt even read your comment. I just thought that here are other people sharing their stories and struggles, and moochie just got me off on the wrong foot, because his opinion, was cold, insulting, and had nothing to do with the rest of this thread.

I dont like generalizations about any group or specie, Not everyone fits in a blanket statement.

Moochie, no offence but I guess i am a little frustrated. Because your short comment is how alot of the people who are making these decisions act or feel towards people that apply.

nothing personal.

</div></div>

RIGHT ON BLUE MOON. DONT LISTEN TO MOOOCHI.

LIKETOWIN
04-15-2008, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">well technically i havent been having luck landing a job besides call centres. though i still keep away from disability, i am able to work </div></div>

GOOD FOR YOU your able to work. some are not able but would love to work again.

LIKETOWIN
04-15-2008, 08:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bluemoon, I wish your son all the luck in the world. Just as I hope my husband can get his ODSP claim over and done with. My husband is one of the ones who PM'ed you this morning (username Operating System Not Found). We have struggled and it has been hard. I look after him and it is difficult for me, working, having children, looking after him and at one time, looking after a disabled child. I have a daughter who is 16 and will possibly need to be on disability when she is a young adult as well and I feel such hopelessness.... when I hear stories like yours, and I know of my husband's struggles over the years. But there has to be a way. Our families need some sort of conclusion to this BS. I myself tried to get disability for my 16 year old a couple of years ago and was turned down so many times that I gave up. Shame on me, I know but I felt it was never going to happen. Now I am behind my husband and his fight 100% and praying we will get an answer soon.
Good luck to you and your son. </div></div>

good luck to you and your family.

LIKETOWIN
04-15-2008, 08:34 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluemoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its great to know you wouldn't go on disability, obviously, you dont need it. Obviously you can land a job. In a perfect world, my son wouldn't have been on tube feeds for six months in a year. He wouldnt be hospitalized at 12 years old with welts all over his legs (erethema nodusom) a severe rash that burns from the inside out, painful enough that he couldnt walk. ulcerated sores from his throat, through his esophagus, his digestive track, his colon, and right out his [censored]. He was beyond surgery. The doctors words, not mine. Maybe if you were the mother or father of a child, that every day, you worried how long that child had to be alive. YOu wouldn't care if he could land a job, or what being on disability would mess up for him in his future. Because without his life saving medication that he needs, he wont have any future. He'll be six feet under. Not everyone is out to take advantage of a system. Disability is designed to help people who really need it. Sure there are people that take advantage and abuse the system, thats why those people who need it so desperately have to jump through hoops in order to get it.

nothing personal.

blue moon could you let me know what all goes with crohns. my son just found out yesterday he could have it. thanks.
</div></div>

tired-n-cranky
04-15-2008, 10:00 AM
It is sad that my lazy a$$ brother-in-law (but he has doctors notes to let him take a year off work)..who is being coached by his also lazy a$$ friend can get approved for odsp, yet your son that truly needs it can't.

I feel sad that our "systems" are so easily taken advantage of by people who have just gotten to be too lazy to work.

lk_wicked
04-15-2008, 04:18 PM
My son and I went to OW. with his $3300.00 perscription. His worker commended us on the big wigs we have involved, as the MP's office has called them. She got approval from her supervisor to pay for my son's treatment on a one time basis, while all this government stuff is being investigated.

It doesn't solve the problem. But it buys us another 8 weeks to try and some one to cover his medication.

I always said, you get more with honey then you do with vinegar.
I haven't yelled or screamed or gotten nasty with anyone..... why? (cause you don't bite the hand that feeds you... or in this case might feed you.) That doesnt mean that yelling and screaming isn't an option.... its definately an option when everything else has failed.

The problem is there are so many goverment offices and so many hoops to jump, so far.... it seems like all those officials are on my son's side.

SO i certainly don't want to shoot down the very people we are asking help for. when I know they are taking steps towards investigating and helping us.

8 weeks left, and then the gloves come off. lol I guess that means the yelling and screaming is gonna start, and going to the media.

thanks everyone for your support.

jaydee
04-15-2008, 08:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NeTDaWg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is sad that my lazy a$$ brother-in-law (but he has doctors notes to let him take a year off work)..who is being coached by his also lazy a$$ friend can get approved for odsp, yet your son that truly needs it can't.

I feel sad that our "systems" are so easily taken advantage of by people who have just gotten to be too lazy to work. </div></div>

sometimes its not so much about being lazy to work, but NOT being gievn many open chances at a chance TO WORK and prove yourself

lk_wicked
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
will send you a pm

LIKETOWIN
04-16-2008, 08:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluemoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My son and I went to OW. with his $3300.00 perscription. His worker commended us on the big wigs we have involved, as the MP's office has called them. She got approval from her supervisor to pay for my son's treatment on a one time basis, while all this government stuff is being investigated.

It doesn't solve the problem. But it buys us another 8 weeks to try and some one to cover his medication.

I always said, you get more with honey then you do with vinegar.
I haven't yelled or screamed or gotten nasty with anyone..... why? (cause you don't bite the hand that feeds you... or in this case might feed you.) That doesnt mean that yelling and screaming isn't an option.... its definately an option when everything else has failed.

The problem is there are so many goverment offices and so many hoops to jump, so far.... it seems like all those officials are on my son's side.

SO i certainly don't want to shoot down the very people we are asking help for. when I know they are taking steps towards investigating and helping us.

8 weeks left, and then the gloves come off. lol I guess that means the yelling and screaming is gonna start, and going to the media.

thanks everyone for your support. </div></div>

glad to hear a little good news. good luck.

lk_wicked
04-16-2008, 08:24 AM
tito i tried to send you a pm but it isnt working. can you send me one and I can reply to you.

lk_wicked
04-16-2008, 08:27 AM
sent you a pm once i figured out how. lol

lk_wicked
04-16-2008, 04:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=NeTDaWg]It is sad that my lazy a$$ brother-in-law (but he has doctors notes to let him take a year off work)..who is being coached by his also lazy a$$ friend can get approved for odsp, yet your son that truly needs it can't.

sometimes its not so much about being lazy to work, but NOT being gievn many open chances at a chance TO WORK and prove yourself </div></div>

I don't know about that moochie. I still think if you want to work, then you settle for jobs that are available. My son in the past two years has had 7 jobs. His employers regretfully let him go because of his being unreliable. And all of them would give him references.

My 14 year old applied to burger king for her first job and was hired. lol I had to tell her she couldnt keep it because they wanted to schedule her in for shifts that went as late as 3 in the morning.

its all in what your willing to work for. My son wants to work and go to college. And maybe he will eventually get to do that. Once we figure out how his meds are going to be covered.

MaO3
04-16-2008, 05:45 PM
Bluemoon I'm really glad to hear that you've had some positive results. Good for you and your son.
Keep on fighting for him while he has the coverage that he has, hopefully by the time that he needs more meds something will have transpired on a more permanent basis.

jaydee
04-16-2008, 08:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluemoon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">[quote=NeTDaWg]It is sad that my lazy a$$ brother-in-law (but he has doctors notes to let him take a year off work)..who is being coached by his also lazy a$$ friend can get approved for odsp, yet your son that truly needs it can't.

sometimes its not so much about being lazy to work, but NOT being gievn many open chances at a chance TO WORK and prove yourself </div></div>

I don't know about that moochie. I still think if you want to work, then you settle for jobs that are available. My son in the past two years has had 7 jobs. His employers regretfully let him go because of his being unreliable. And all of them would give him references.

My 14 year old applied to burger king for her first job and was hired. lol I had to tell her she couldnt keep it because they wanted to schedule her in for shifts that went as late as 3 in the morning.

its all in what your willing to work for. My son wants to work and go to college. And maybe he will eventually get to do that. Once we figure out how his meds are going to be covered. </div></div>

yeah but notice they are all small jobs, not no meat and potatoes decent jobs! especially knowing they are attainable with my qualifications, im just being picked over for some stupid reason whatever!

Macs II
04-16-2008, 08:58 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/churchsign-1.jpg

jaydee
04-16-2008, 09:01 PM
Macs wants a job at Burger King

Macs II
04-16-2008, 09:24 PM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/made_at_wwwtxt2piccom.jpg

jaydee
04-16-2008, 09:27 PM
theres youre buddy!

lk_wicked
04-17-2008, 12:53 AM
just look at that lmao moochie wins, hes turned this thread into "its all about moochie" I think its pretty funny...didnt someone say something in this thread about how he hijacks threads to make it all about him.

I needed a good laugh today.

thanks

The Chronic Liar
04-17-2008, 12:56 AM
haha hopefully you got some good opinions before the inevitible

SusyQ
04-17-2008, 12:57 AM
See what I mean bluemoon your disposition is so awesome. Your son is lucky too have you.

lk_wicked
04-17-2008, 12:59 AM
We should meet SuzyQ we could share stories
I have 6 kids and 5 grandchildren to talk about lmao how about you

SusyQ
04-17-2008, 01:06 AM
I have 3 kids 2 9 and 27 PLUS 4 grandbabies and YES I'd love too meet.

lk_wicked
04-17-2008, 01:17 AM
send me a pm since i havent figured out how and give me your phone number, then i will send you mine.

SusyQ
04-17-2008, 01:25 AM
There you go sent.

Kittie
04-17-2008, 09:49 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

lk_wicked
04-20-2008, 01:06 AM
I want to say thanks for all the support I received on here, regarding my son with crohn's disease. And to give you the exciting news!!! The Ombudsman emailed me today to tell me, that THE SECTION 8 form we needed to have my son's drug paid for has finally been accepted, and my doctor should receive news this week. Ontario WOrks paid for my son's drug that he is getting this coming week at the hospital. And his drug plan with them, will now pay for it, with the section 8 approval.

now, we just have to appeal the ODSP and see where that leads us.

Thanks again everyone. Finding compassion and caring comments on here, made the difference in keeping me strong, and keeping me going.

It was much appreciated. And I didnt have to yell and scream