PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Buddy II

AmdWolfman
04-19-2008, 09:50 AM
Has anyone had experience with them, i'm thinking of purchasing one new or used. Just want to know how you thought,thx

Betelgeuse
04-19-2008, 10:07 AM
Yes, I have used a Fishing Buddy II before. A friend let me use it since he has lost all interest in fishing. While it worked, it worked great! I am not sure what went wrong, but, it does not mark bottom any more let alone fish. I only used the unit a few times and my friend used it little too. I tried taking the transducer apart to see if it was plugged with mud or needed cleaning or something - this did not improve anything. Changed the batteries a couple of times, still no change. In handling the F.B. II, I did not treat it rough; I always stored it in it's box after use.

While it worked, it worked great, marked fish and depth accurately and I caught fish (pike) that it marked in side find mode.

If anyone reading this post has any ideas how I might be able to fix this unit without sending it back to the manufacture, let me know! It's past it's warranty time.

AmdWolfman
04-19-2008, 11:36 AM
go strate to hummingbird , ask for consumer iformation or something. i'm sure u could find them on the net no prob, goodluck.

bohd
04-19-2008, 11:40 AM
sounds like the transducer for sure. i found out a while back that any transducer has a shelf life, so if you buy a new unit expect the transducer to give out sometime. i have had transducers last a long time but eventually they all get replaced(even if slightly used)

AmdWolfman
04-19-2008, 12:25 PM
crappy

LadyNina
04-21-2008, 05:42 PM
Ours flaked out on us last year, but lasted us maybe 5 or so years. Hubby just bought the Piranha Max 215 at Canadian Tire last week when it was on special. I figure if it lasts us another 5 years, it's money well spent.

AmdWolfman
04-22-2008, 02:11 PM
where do u fish?, walleyes?

LadyNina
04-23-2008, 12:17 AM
We usually fish for specks.