PDA

View Full Version : people fall through the cracks

Hans
04-24-2008, 04:01 PM
After 22 years in private practice and seeing people "kicked around by the system," Dr. Lorna Stuart found herself frustrated with the number of insurance companies and the rules and restrictions that came with them.

According to the U.S. Census Bureau, approximately 47 million Americans are currently without medical coverage. So Stuart set out to alleviate that problem where she could -- in her old steel town of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania.

Patient contributions account for 20 percent of The Clinic's $900,000 annual operating budget. The rest comes exclusively from private grants and donations. If The Clinic accepted money made available through government aid programs, they would be significantly restricted in terms of whom they would be allowed to treat, and how.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/04/23/heroes.stuart/index.html

Chester Field
04-24-2008, 09:28 PM
I am surprised at the number of posts by a few select members that continually harp on the states here. What the hell do you actually care hans? Do you crave RWGRs attention that much?

I can't get a friggin doctor in Sault Ste Marie Ontario because mine retired and no one took over his practice. There are over 5 thousand people just like me in this city. You must be one of the lucky ones who has a doctor if you have to look to an entirely different country to [censored] about health care all the time.

This city treated over 70 thousand in the ER last year. Thats over double what it should be for a city this size. That's how many people don't have a doctor and how it overloads our emergency care system here. I pay thousands in taxes each month and I can't even get a doctor, and you have the luxury to whine about other countries? If you have it that good, then Belgium must really suck a$$ because you have $hit to brag about as a wannabe Canadian when it comes to health care in this city. Give it up all ready. If you have that much time to kill start doing something about the problems in your own yard.

jaydee
04-25-2008, 12:01 AM
chester field inlet

Hans
04-25-2008, 10:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chester Field</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am surprised at the number of posts by a few select members that continually harp on the states here. What the hell do you actually care hans? Do you crave RWGRs attention that much?

I can't get a friggin doctor in Sault Ste Marie Ontario because mine retired and no one took over his practice. There are over 5 thousand people just like me in this city. You must be one of the lucky ones who has a doctor if you have to look to an entirely different country to [censored] about health care all the time.

This city treated over 70 thousand in the ER last year. Thats over double what it should be for a city this size. That's how many people don't have a doctor and how it overloads our emergency care system here. I pay thousands in taxes each month and I can't even get a doctor, and you have the luxury to whine about other countries? If you have it that good, then Belgium must really suck a$$ because you have $hit to brag about as a wannabe Canadian when it comes to health care in this city. Give it up all ready. If you have that much time to kill start doing something about the problems in your own yard. </div></div>

I don't have a doctor here because I don't need one. And I highly doubt 70 thousand people in this city have an emergency situation that requires them to go to the ER, each year.
That is what the real problem is, not a shortage of medical care.

Ask yourself if you really need a doctor before you wine and complain you can't get one, will you?

Wrangler35
04-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Unfortunately there was in around 70,000 people attending the ER..thats how pathetic the situation is in the Sault,half of those visting need to attend Riverview!

Wrangler35
04-25-2008, 12:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chester Field</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I am surprised at the number of posts by a few select members that continually harp on the states here. What the hell do you actually care hans? Do you crave RWGRs attention that much? </div></div>

Get over it:this board is NOT about RWGR,and any-one can post such as your self.It just happens RWGR responds to any thing posted,and the biggest problem to the world citizens happens to be the President of the United States and his failed foreign Policies.

And yes there is a real problem in Canada (about Health Care or lack of it) let alone Sault Ste Marie,i also am with out a doctor!

GenX
04-25-2008, 11:09 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Get over it:this board is NOT about RWGR </div></div>

Surely you jest!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

I own this place!!!!

GenX
04-25-2008, 11:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i also am with out a doctor! </div></div> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Wrangler35
04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i also am with out a doctor! </div></div> /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif </div></div> At least i don't have to report in ever night like some.LOL Beddy time soon!

GenX
04-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Well, I'm sure years of having no job and living off the government has no doubt turned you into quite the nocturnal being!