PDA

View Full Version : NASA Goes All Out

GenX
04-26-2008, 10:43 AM
"NPR has an interesting article on global warming... or cooling? The Mystery of Global Warming's Missing Heat. James Hansen and Al Gore must be so disappointed. NASA is spending around 20 million dollars a year to deploy and monitor 3000 robot buoys around the worlds oceans and the data coming in doesn't support their theory on global warming, in fact it turns out the world has cooled slightly in the last five years."

LINK (http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2008/04/nasa_measures_global_temperatu.html)

How embarrassed some of you must be by now.

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Compare the temps in the last 5 years to those of recorded history. It's still warmer, and the polar caps are melting.

Poor Speedy. One day you might prove that a circle is square.

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:10 PM
The polar ice caps have melted before, and then rejuvenate.

Starterwiz, I realize this is quite an embarrassing time for all you kool-aid drinkers; but please try to keep a level-head in all this.

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 02:22 PM
http://www.americanthinker.com/images/at-logo.gif

Isn't that an oxymoron?

I'd be embarassed if I fell for the propoganda that you seem to believe.
Yeah...the caps melted significantly in the last 5 years due to global cooling. Doh.

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:26 PM
This is a report by NASA, the very same agency you guys ran to with open arms, before their massive testing showed actual cooling, and no warming.

I feel so embarrassed for you guys. You've been shown to be intellectual dwarfs.

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 02:36 PM
These are excerpts from a report by Nasa, quoted by a group that has obvious agendas. Not quite the same thing RW.

I believe that you must have some basic understanding of thermodynamics, and the energy required to melt ice.
Measuring the water alone is totally meaningless insofar as determining the energy gains and losses of the planet.
But you fell for it. Unfortunately, I'm not embarassed for you.
Amused, maybe.

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">These are excerpts from a report by Nasa </div></div>

Exactly!

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>NEXT!!!!!</span>

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Try this test RW.
Measure that glass of whiskey you're drinkin', and note the temperature as the ice melts. Is the glass of whiskey getting warmer?
Ok...fill it back up...you're not supposed to drink the whiskey yet.
Now watch the temperature go up once the ice has all melted.

Ok...you may resume drinking now LOL.

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Yup, that's about as scientific as man-made global warming theory gets!

The sad part: you fell for it!

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Let's see your results!.
Did the whiskey maintain a constant temperature? According to your "logic" the glass was not experiencing "warming", yet the ice melted... Where did all that missing heat go? OH, you have ice left? Geesh. Fill it up and try again...but this time try to resist drinking the whiskey before the test is concluded.

"Missing Heat"

These guys at Nasa are supposed to be America's brightest minds? Now there's reason to be embarassed.

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:49 PM
NASA has the brightest minds, of that there is little question. The problem lies in the bureaucratic side of the organization. It is made up of life-long bureaucrats who have a penchant for being left-leaning in their politics. They shut down opposing voices that question the theory of man-made global warming. They would have hid this latest report, too, if they could have; but too much money and media attention was on the research.

the lefties at NASA crossed their fingers, and lost. The data clearly shows that not only has the earth not warmed in the last five years, it has, in fact, cooled.

The global warming scare has taken a huge hit, most likely a death blow. And that, sadly, has made a lot of people (like you) look awfully silly and gullible.

When I say I feel embarrassed for you guys, I am not kidding.

The Berean
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
NASA = Never A Straight Answer.

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
NASA=the nice people that let Canada add things to our shuttles, just to make them feel better about themselves.

Barry Morris
04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NASA = Never A Straight Answer. </div></div>

Makes me wonder how a left leaning organization ever gets funding.

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NASA = Never A Straight Answer. </div></div>

Makes me wonder how a left leaning organization ever gets funding. </div></div>

I didn't say the entire place was left-leaning, but that the life-long bureaucrats are, for the most part.

starterwiz
04-27-2008, 09:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NASA = Never A Straight Answer. </div></div>

Makes me wonder how a left leaning organization ever gets funding. </div></div>

I didn't say the entire place was left-leaning, but that the life-long bureaucrats are, for the most part. </div></div>

But you'll quote them when it serves your demented agenda. How convenient!

GenX
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
I quote them because the very same people you guys used to support your agenda have did the one thing you are seemingly unable to do: admit man-made global warming is not happening (albeit in a roundabout way).

starterwiz
04-28-2008, 06:30 PM
See, you still don't get it. All they said was that the oceans are not warming up as much as they expected.
And they can't figure it out that all that melting ice might just be delaying the warming of the oceans.
Once the ice has melted (which may take a few more years considering the volume involved) the oceans temp will catch up with that of the rest of the planet.

This isn't even rocket science.

Geesh again...is that all your "rocket scientists" are good for...building missiles?

starterwiz
04-28-2008, 06:50 PM
How embarassed are you now Speedy?

Here's a link to NASA...not some "American Think(they can pull one over)ers"

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/news/news.cfm?release=2006-112

And a few quotes:
Although the average temperature of the upper oceans has significantly cooled since 2003, the decline is a fraction of the total ocean warming over the previous 48 years.

The oceans today are still warmer than they were during the 1980s, and most scientists expect the oceans will eventually continue to warm in response to human-induced climate change."

"The recent cooling episode suggests sea level should have actually decreased in the past two years. Despite this, sea level has continued to rise. This may mean that sea level rise has recently shifted from being mostly caused by warming to being dominated by melting. This idea is consistent with recent estimates of ice-mass loss in Antarctica and accelerating ice-mass loss on Greenland."

"While global ocean temperatures have generally increased over the past 50 years, there have also been substantial decadal decreases." "Other studies have shown that a similar rapid cooling took place from 1980 to 1983. But overall, the long-term trend is warming."

This is probably not the full story, but it's signifantly more than the crap you quote from.

GenX
04-29-2008, 06:48 PM
The date of your article: September 21, 2006

My article is 1<span style='font-size: 8pt'>1/2</span> years more current!

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

In desperation, you look even more the fool!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Hans
04-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Looks can be deceiving.

starterwiz
05-01-2008, 07:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The date of your article: September 21, 2006

My article is 1<span style='font-size: 8pt'>1/2</span> years more current!

</div></div>

1 1/2 years later and they still can't get it right... is that what you're saying?