PDA

View Full Version : ACHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:41 PM
"The US economic slowdown and global financial crunch have cast their shadow on resources-rich Canada, which has almost entered recession, according to the Bank of Canada.

In its quarterly report released Thursday, the country's top bank says economic growth during the year's second quarter will crawl to just 0.3 percent. Earlier, the bank had pegged it at 2 per cent.

It has also downgraded the growth rate from 2.3 per cent to 1.8 per cent for the second half of the year.
Bank of Canada governor Mike Carney said the downturn in the US would badly hit Canadian exports, leading to recession trends likely to persist till the middle of next year.

The US accounts for more than 80 percent of Canadian exports. The housing sector collapse in the US has led to credit crunch there, hitting Canadian exports."

LINK (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/News/International_Business/Canada_almost_in_recession_says_bank/articleshow/2982087.cms)

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Soaring fuel and grain prices have some economic researchers warning of catastrophic food inflation and political unrest within a year, the likes of which hasn't been seen in Canada since the 1970s.

They're partly blaming politicians for pumping billions of dollars into what they call wrongheaded biofuel technologies, and for promoting monetary policies that have driven up the price of oil.

"What they have done is potentially unleashed a monster," says Ian Lee, MBA director at Carleton University's Sprott School of Business.

LINK (http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5gPdx7XEUzZW7lyIOQw-lSAhHLHFg)

Hans
04-26-2008, 02:44 PM
How much will your rate be for those same periods?

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:45 PM
The Canadian dollar posted a weekly decline on speculation the central bank will keep lowering its benchmark interest rate while the U.S. Federal Reserve may stop cutting borrowing costs.

Canada's dollar weakened against 11 of the 16 most-traded currencies this week after policy makers reduced their key lending rate a half-percentage point to 3 percent on April 22, and signaled they may extend their rate cuts. The currency's drop gathered momentum on April 23 after a government report showed retail sales unexpectedly declined in February.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=aMUVrgQmC2Wk&refer=canada

Hans
04-26-2008, 02:47 PM
How much will your rate be for those same periods?

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Canada’s economy has nearly stalled and won’t get fully back on its feet until 2010 as a result of the unexpectedly steep decline in business conditions in the United States, the Bank of Canada said today.

LINK (http://www.thestar.com/Business/article/417939)

GenX
04-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Now, I am going to prepare myself to watch some hockey!

Man, I love hockey!

Thanks, Great Britain!!!!

Hans
04-26-2008, 02:52 PM
Well, at least we did not drop flat on our [censored] like yours has.

KDawg
04-26-2008, 02:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 16pt'>And we kick some serious [censored]!!!!!</span>

"An unusual emergency interest rate cut by the Federal Reserve gave Wall Street a partial rebound Tuesday from a precipitious early decline - and perhaps the first steps toward a long-term recovery. The rest of the comeback, for the economy as well as the stock market, may depend on a turnaround in the battered housing market and renewed confidence among U.S. consumers.

The Dow Jones industrial average, down 465 points shortly after trading began, bounced around throughout the session before closing with a milder drop of 128.11, or 1.06 percent, at 11,971.19, according to preliminary calculations."

LINK (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/W/WALL_STREET?SITE=DCTMS&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT)

Nothing can beat us.

Nothing. </div></div>

Will you make up your mind on which position you want to take? Reading your posts is akin to listening to a Hillary Clinton speech.

Hans
04-26-2008, 02:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now, I am going to prepare myself to watch some hockey!

Man, I love hockey!

Thanks, Great Britain!!!!

</div></div>

That's interesting, you said on RWGR 2/16/2005 1:03:31

NHL's dead

Changed your mind eh?

starterwiz
04-26-2008, 03:00 PM
Waffle, Waffle, Waffle

Hans
04-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Those are good, that must be why you had 3.

Huggy85
04-26-2008, 06:35 PM
"Most private sector economists have said the Canadian economy will not only avoid a recession this year, but outperform the U.S. this year and next, with forecasts for growth ranging from about one per cent to 2.2 per cent."

http://www.cbc.ca/cp/business/080416/b0416111A.html

Bless you!

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:52 PM
From your article...

"But Liberal critic John McCallum challenged the assessment later, saying Ottawa's high spending and tax cuts, particularly shaving two percentage points from the GST, put the government within a "SARS crisis of a deficit."

"The tax cuts may be helping the economy a little bit now, but it has put us perilously close to a deficit," he said. He pointed out that Flaherty inherited a $13 billion surplus and in two years has whittled it down to a forecast $2.3 billion surplus this fiscal year, and $1.3 billion next."

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Need a Kleenex?

The Berean
04-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Nope, just need to talk to another economist.

Huggy85
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I repeat....

"Most private sector economists have said the Canadian economy will not only avoid a recession this year, but outperform the U.S. this year and next, with forecasts for growth ranging from about one per cent to 2.2 per cent."

No thanks to Kleenex. But a few rolls of toilet paper to clean up all the parrot crap around here would be nice.

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, just need to talk to another economist. </div></div>

Translation: "Link to someone that skews the numbers to what I like"

The Berean
04-26-2008, 07:57 PM
Now you've got it!!!

Barry Morris
04-26-2008, 07:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you've got it!!! </div></div>
Ain't that the truth!!

GenX
04-26-2008, 07:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ConKat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now you've got it!!! </div></div>
Ain't that the truth!! </div></div>

Translation: "Will you be my friend? Pretend you like me?"

Barry Morris
04-26-2008, 09:27 PM
Too bad you translate God's word just as well.

GenX
04-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Right, and the basis of your translation, Luther, added words to the Bible, and totally threw out other books; books and words that were accepted by the Christian Church for 1,500 years.

The Bible is quite clear on what will happen to people who add or subtract words to the Bible.

Also, you rely on a translation of the Bible that says sola scriptura is all one needs to interpret what the Bible says; yet strangely nowhere in the Bible does it say that.

So basically you believe in the Bible Alone, yet nowhere in the Bible does it say 'Bible alone'.

Quite circular, that.

Barry Morris
04-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Blah blah blah. 1500 hundred years for your DENOMINATION, not church. And not even that long really.

Luther isn't the basis of my translations. Strawman.

Circular is saying you believe what your denomination believes and your denomination believes what you believe. And then don't discusss what you actually believe.

GenX
04-27-2008, 08:48 PM
My goodness, the ignorance you have of your religion is astounding, simply astounding!

Barry Morris
04-27-2008, 11:28 PM
Good. I'm GLAD to be ignorant of my religion.

GenX
04-28-2008, 03:48 PM
No doubt!

starterwiz
04-28-2008, 07:02 PM
Nicely done RW.
Once again you deflect and re-direct your losing position into a totally different topic. You really should be president.

Oh yeah..."No Hatchlings Allowed". Sorry.

GenX
04-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Struck a nerve, eh??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

That's okay. Much, much better than you have tried to take me on, and left with tail tucked firmly between legs. You'll do the same soon.

But until then, enjoy!! I like having you around! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Barry Morris
04-29-2008, 07:00 PM
WARNING!! WARNING!! RWGR HAS USED UP ALL HIS "STRUCK A NERVE" POSTS.

PLEASE USE ANOTHER ASSUMPTION!!

GenX
04-29-2008, 07:02 PM
Are you the robot from Lost in Space?