PDA

View Full Version : Booing of the National Anthem

GenX
05-04-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, now that all the Canadian teams are out of the playoffs, we won't have to put up with the mindless and childish booing of the American National Anthem by boorish Canadian crowds.

Learn a lesson, Canada: CLASS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TxpxFqAV4I)

haha
05-04-2008, 10:00 AM
ya, cause flying the canadian flag upside down was so much more classier.

GenX
05-04-2008, 10:05 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ya, cause flying the canadian flag upside down was so much more classier. </div></div>

That was a mistake by the people that brought the flag out on the baseball field. When they were told of their mistake, they quickly rectified the situation.

In Canada, classlessness is, sadly, becoming your hallmark at hockey games.

haha
05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
and forgetting to mention us amongst ur friends and allies after 911? was that a mistake too?

GenX
05-04-2008, 01:43 PM
I never said there wasn't good Canadians. It's just that lately, as a country you've been letting all the imbeciles in your country do your talking for you.

Jack Butler
05-04-2008, 02:35 PM
Takes one to know one.
Ha, Ha, Ha, after all the American puke you have spewed!
Ha, Ha, Ha, a little ketchup for you other foot or talon!
That's the funniest thing you've said!
I thought you supported your President?

haha
05-04-2008, 02:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">lately, as a country you've been letting all the imbeciles in your country do your talking for you. </div></div>

they are the ones we let in from the lower 48s

GenX
05-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Well, that one was quick!

See ya' next debate!!

haha
05-04-2008, 02:40 PM
the way ur country is running up their debt, u may not be around for another debate.

GenX
05-04-2008, 02:41 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

I win /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

haha
05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
if u say so.
i'm going to boo u now.
boooooooooooooooooooooooo

GenX
05-04-2008, 02:44 PM
I'll tell Stanley you said "hi" /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

haha
05-04-2008, 02:48 PM
stanley roper?

GenX
05-04-2008, 02:49 PM
Well, he has about as much of a chance of winning the Stanley Cup now as any Canadian NHL team /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

haha
05-04-2008, 03:59 PM
ahhh u forget ur beloved red wings are a bass tard franchise from Montreal.

Jack Butler
05-04-2008, 06:57 PM
You have won nothing.
Once again, self appointed!

Did you have a sibling that got all your Moms attention?
You sound twelve!

Stanley will visit more cities in Canada than any other country.
You proved that in another thread.
You'll say Hi alright, maybe as it drives by! Ha, ha, ha!

GenX
05-04-2008, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: haha</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ahhh u forget ur beloved red wings are a bass tard franchise from Montreal. </div></div>

Speaking of Montreal, how are they gonna' do in round three???

GenX
05-04-2008, 07:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jack Butler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
You have won nothing.
Once again, self appointed!

Did you have a sibling that got all your Moms attention?
You sound twelve!

Stanley will visit more cities in Canada than any other country.
You proved that in another thread.
You'll say Hi alright, maybe as it drives by! Ha, ha, ha!

</div></div>

Jack, it's okay! The whole world knows you got your arse seriously kicked by trying to debate me. Relax.

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

oneof3
05-04-2008, 08:13 PM
lol. The world minus one. Him.

Jack Butler
05-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Montreal will be just fine in round three.
I guessing there has got to be a couple good old French Canadians boys still competing.
Actually, Stanley knows his way to Montreal with his eyes closed!

GenX
05-07-2008, 08:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Montreal will be just fine in round three. </div></div>

This is your mind pickled with the demon juice.

Jack Butler
05-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Montreal will be just fine!
How bout dat Biron and Briere and Gagne?
Or des guy Dupuis, Laraque, Fleury, Letang, Talbot, Sabourin, Ribeiro, Robidas, Boucher.
Simple man.
Did your momma tell you, when you was young?

Striker
05-08-2008, 09:45 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, now that all the Canadian teams are out of the playoffs, we won't have to put up with the mindless and childish booing of the American National Anthem by boorish Canadian crowds.

Learn a lesson, Canada: CLASS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TxpxFqAV4I) </div></div>

Be grateful we're not expressing our dislike for your nation like many others are.If your so sensitive so as to not be able to deal with a boo, you better toughen up slugger because with your nations track record there's more coming your way from those a lot more intent on inflicting damage.

GenX
05-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Making excuses for your country's inexplicable descent into classlessness.

What a sad day for Canada.

Striker
05-08-2008, 08:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Making excuses for your country's inexplicable descent into classlessness.

What a sad day for Canada. </div></div>

When a simple "Boo" brings on this kind of response I couldn't even imagine your feelings towards the half of the world that really hates your country.......Oh, and half the world could very well be an understatement

Jack Butler
05-08-2008, 08:33 PM
"Making excuses for your country's inexplicable descent into classlessness".
You actually said that?
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha an American, Ha, Ha, Ha!
What color is the sky in your world?

haha
05-09-2008, 10:03 PM
i think u better go back to politics with ur crown between ur legs "KING"

Coach
05-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Classless is the American olympic flag bearer not bowing their flag to the host country every olympics...as is the customary tradition....arrogant buggars...but hey at least Bush is making millions on his war....

GenX
05-13-2008, 05:04 PM
Canada is the epitome of classless when it comes to sports, which is a big reason why you are held in very low regard around the world.

Coach
05-13-2008, 06:47 PM
You are so full of [censored] it is coming out of your ears.....Classless is Marion Jones, 3/4 of the NBA, Michael Johnson and Carl Lewis....Americans come to Canada to buy Canadian Flag patches to sew on their back pack when they travel, why?, because they know the stars and stripes is an embarassment to the world.......and the fact remains....there are still more Canadians playing in the conference finals then any other country...

GenX
05-13-2008, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Americans come to Canada to buy Canadian Flag patches to sew on their back pack when they travel</div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Oh, you poor, self-deluded people...what a massive inferiority complex you have!

More Canadians move to the U.S. every year than Americans move to Canada, and the U.S. has ten times the population of Canada.

The largest migration in human history was to the U.S., from the four corners of the globe. Hardly a thought was given to Canada.

Why?

Because the U.S. is the greatest nation in history, and everyone knows it.

And now the whole world sees how Canadians act when their teams are in the NHL playoffs. And the whole worlds sighs, and wonder why Canadians just can't accept the fact they will always be second to the U.S.

Jack Butler
05-13-2008, 08:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Canada is the epitome of classless when it comes to sports, which is a big reason why you are held in very low regard around the world. </div></div>

You could not be more wrong.
From an American, no less!
Tell me, why is it that your proud countrymen, sew Canadian flags on their clothing and luggage, when playing in Europe?
They should proud and wave their flag, but they don't, they hide it!
And of coarse, the Spengler Cup would be another indicator on how much we're dislike.
Americans barely get a sniff.
You couldn't come up with more stupidity, even if .250 told you what to say!

jaydee
05-14-2008, 01:58 AM
the states arent liked around the world, but still think we should join em in North American Union, it would better both of us i think!

Jack Butler
05-14-2008, 09:01 AM
Buzzard, Buzzard?
Put the mirror down.
Are you saying American are more accepted than Canadians internationally?
Your ability to debate credibly, lessens when you tell an outright lie!
An inferiority complex and jealousy?
Guess you've got lots to talk about, with your priest!

lynys
05-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Sorry, but Booing the National Anthem is pretty tasteless. It shows a complete lack of respect and is quite immature. Sadly, Canadians have usually been shown to be very respectful of others, and, as always, it takes a few to make the rest of us look badly.

I for one am ashamed to be lumped with the type of people that would do something like that.

MaO3
05-14-2008, 12:11 PM
I have to agree with Lynys. I think its totally classless to boo another countries national anthem.

Regardless of the country.

Jack Butler
05-14-2008, 12:41 PM
I will agree with both of you.
Coming from the Buzzards, an American, is laughable!
I believe that hatred is learned!
Do we at least get full marks, for doing what we have been taught by the supposed leader of the free world?
Get over it!
Booing, at a athletic competition?
How dare we!

Bobby Bear
05-15-2008, 03:45 PM
Not that two wrongs make a rightÖbutÖ the booing of the national anthem has happened on both sides of the border. Including a game where Calgary was playing in Detroit.

GenX
05-15-2008, 08:35 PM
But Canadians are supposed to be so superior to Americans...

Bobby Bear
05-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Thatís not the point though. Why are you trying to make things up? The point of your original post was that Canadians were booing the national anthem and everyone is up in arms. My point is that this has happened many times in each country. The only reason we're not hearing about it is because no one cares about hockey in the US.

Itís not about being superior. Itís about being respectful to what the national anthem means to each country. The fact of the matter is that both countries have been disrespectful to each other.

Jack Butler
05-15-2008, 09:16 PM
Your going to be OK, KP!

Jack Butler
05-15-2008, 09:27 PM
Buzzard is just more sensitive.
He don't get, he just don't get it!
Ha, Ha, Ha, you were close, my bent beaked buddy!
Canadians are superior to Americans, nice of you, really!
You're sooo busted! ;-)

Bobby Bear
05-15-2008, 10:36 PM
The bottom line is that, if the NHL really wants to put an end to this, they need to do something about it. Fine the teams if this happens. If it happens on multiple occasions then the team has to play to an empty arena during a home game.

Same thing goes for post game violence. If people get stupid after the game, then the team needs to get fined. That will reduce most incidents and it will also force the team to take responsibility for their fans.

Itís done that way for football teams in Europe. The teams are 100% responsible for the fansí actions and the fans can potentially have a direct impact on their teamís bottom line. So there is generally a mutual respect. The fans then know that if they act stupid, it ultimately hurts the team.

GenX
05-16-2008, 11:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jack Butler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Buzzard is just more sensitive.
He don't get, he just don't get it!
Ha, Ha, Ha, you were close, my bent beaked buddy!
Canadians are superior to Americans, nice of you, really!
You're sooo busted! ;-)

</div></div>

Mr. Knoff...you're just being silly now!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Jack Butler
05-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Check your Turco thread!
How silly is it?
Stupid is, as, stupid does!

GenX
05-17-2008, 11:18 AM
Shall we have a welcoming committee read to greet Marty when he arrives in the Soo early next week?

We need to congratulate him on being perfectly unable to lead a team to his team to a championship!

Jack Butler
05-17-2008, 01:23 PM
What about Joe Shawne?
Lost track of Joe, nice man!
Won more than a couple of games with Joe.
BTW, Marty lives in Dallas, so, I don't know about a parade being here.
He normally comes and goes pretty low key.
Do you remember, a time when your referees association asked for the help of the NOHA refs?
Member.....it was immigration that wouldn't let it happen!
Immigration turned them around, because they knew the individuals, and that they had their skates with them.
We had our top referees ready to help, for free...Member?
You needed help then and it is apparent, you still do!

oneof3
05-17-2008, 11:47 PM
I needed help then and it is apparent, I still do!
</div></div>

Fixed

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Hay .250, where have you been, you toothless wonder?
Are you eating regular again?
How your team doing?
Did you here Lundqvists interview, after playing Canada?
How did Sweden do against Finland? Was it close?
The smartest thing you could say, should start with," My husband told me that....."!
You gotta love when things fall into your lap, Ha, Ha, Ha!

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 01:54 PM
What about Joe Shawne?
Do you remember, a time when your referees association asked for the help of the NOHA refs?
Immigration turned them around, because they knew the individuals, and that they had their skates with them.

</div></div>

oneof3
05-18-2008, 01:58 PM
Hay .250, where have you been, you toothless wonder?
Are you eating regular again?
How your team doing?
Did you here Lundqvists interview, after playing Canada?
How did Sweden do against Finland? Was it close?
The smartest thing you could say, should start with," My husband told me that....."!
You gotta love when things fall into your lap, Ha, Ha, Ha!

</div></div>

Aw Jack. Your desperation to give an answer is disappointing. Couldn't wait for the wife to get back from Jenny Craig eh? Ah well. Maybe she can help you later. Of course, you could always try tricking us into thinking it isn't you by not starting and ending every post you make with "ha ha", or "lol". The adolescent mind. Can't get past that one without her help?

GenX
05-18-2008, 02:50 PM
What about Joe Shawne?

</div></div>

I lost Joe Shawhan? Wow, I did know I hired and fired Laker coaches at will!

I rock!!

Remember when the Steel City tournament was held over here for some games ten years ago? I was one of the American officials. Remember what came of all that?

The board of directors for the tournament were inundated with phone calls and letters from some teams after the tournament, telling them how happy they were with our officiating. They wanted to make sure we were a part of the tournament from that time on.

I distinctly remember one tourney official coming into the ref's room at the Big Bear, telling how happy his was with our performance. He also wanted a initial verbal agreement from us that we would officiate for him next year. He wanted us to officiate some of the games on your side, too.

Your refs got wind of this. They put up a big fight, and ultimately used some green card and immigration issue to keep us from participating the following year.

Canada's decline as a hockey power has hit all facets of the game. Not only are many of your players now secondary to other nations' players, your officials are second-rate, too.

The story of Canada's precipitous decline as a hockey power continues on, with no end in sight.

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 02:57 PM
Apparently, you are confused.
You have no idea.
I laugh because, what you say is funny.
So...how's your team?
Little ketchup with you other foot?

GenX
05-18-2008, 03:01 PM
You have no idea.
So...how's your team?

</div></div>

Changing the issue, Mr. Knoff?

I don't blame you. You just got your a$$ handed to you on a silver platter.

Courtesy of moi! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wavey.gif

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 06:08 PM
It was meant for .250, or should I say .125!
And get your hand off my as s.
The only rocking you do, is in your chair.
In a small town like Soo Mich, with no real contribution to hockey?
So, that makes you the first nobody?

GenX
05-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Not making much sense anymore, Mr. Knoff.

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 06:44 PM
I'm not surprised you don't understand.
I've said that from the beginning!

oneof3
05-18-2008, 07:06 PM
You have no idea.
So...how's your team?
</div></div>

Kind of disappointed you didn't start and end with a "haha". Have you grown a little? Maybe had the paperboy help with the dialogue some? S'ok. I can understand why you say what you say, or in actuality, not say anything and end it with "haha". Makes people focus on why you would think you were funny at all and not focus on the drivel you usually spout. Bring the wife a diet coke will ya.

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 08:21 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Your useless!
Nothing to add, again?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

oneof3
05-18-2008, 10:09 PM
Hey. Good for you. You found the Caps lock button. Now, for your next trick, find the anykey...

Jack Butler
05-18-2008, 11:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jack Butler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What about Joe Shawne?

</div></div>

I lost Joe Shawhan? Wow, I did know I hired and fired Laker coaches at will!

I rock!!

Remember when the Steel City tournament was held over here for some games ten years ago? I was one of the American officials. Remember what came of all that?

The board of directors for the tournament were inundated with phone calls and letters from some teams after the tournament, telling them how happy they were with our officiating. They wanted to make sure we were a part of the tournament from that time on.

I distinctly remember one tourney official coming into the ref's room at the Big Bear, telling how happy his was with our performance. He also wanted a initial verbal agreement from us that we would officiate for him next year. He wanted us to officiate some of the games on your side, too.

Your refs got wind of this. They put up a big fight, and ultimately used some green card and immigration issue to keep us from participating the following year.

Canada's decline as a hockey power has hit all facets of the game. Not only are many of your players now secondary to other nations' players, your officials are second-rate, too.

The story of Canada's precipitous decline as a hockey power continues on, with no end in sight. </div></div>

Not likely!
Check the NHL officials. Canadians dominate again.
You make sh*t up!
I've been involved with the Steel City.
What you said, did not happen! You lied!
Ask Willy about what I said, he'll remember.
As a matter of fact, Willy was the one that tried to set it up!
The Buzzard, caught lying, again!

The King is dead, long live the KING!