PDA

View Full Version : Why I hate birds

Simba
05-06-2008, 10:48 AM
So the car is nice and clean and shiny, the outside of the house is nice and clean and the windows. I go outside this morning and there are lovely streaks of bird crap on the car and all over the side of the house. Nice. I swear those frigg'in birds just sit in the trees just watching us clean the car and house and plan their damn attack. LOL!!
There is nothing about birds I like. They are noisy filthy things. They are nothing more than flying toilets as far as I'm concerned. End rant.

Peety
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
I hate pigeons,,They are dirty,,I like all other birds,,

KRP
05-06-2008, 10:51 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif A clean car is like a magnet for them, it draws them in. It almost never fails that you clean your car and in no time a bird craps on it. You don't wash it and the birds don't bother and no bird crap.

Amaranth
05-06-2008, 10:54 AM
Birds like shiny things it attracts them and your car when clean is like a super clean toilet.

The Chronic Liar
05-06-2008, 10:57 AM
orchid
05-06-2008, 11:31 AM
if you really think about it, who is infringing on who? birds have been around for how long? if anything we have invaded on their habitat so who are we to complain if they crap all over ours. if people really don't like them that much, there are ways to deter or avoid them, it just means putting out some expense and effort. they crap on your car, don't park under trees or other tall structures. if you have to remove the tree from the property. there are ways around it.

Simba
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I don't have any trees in my yard, besides they have a acres and acres of forestry to fly in, so they can stay there lol. It doesn't help that people constantly feed these things with bird feeders etc.

Kittie
05-06-2008, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you really think about it, who is infringing on who? birds have been around for how long? if anything we have invaded on their habitat so who are we to complain if they crap all over ours. if people really don't like them that much, there are ways to deter or avoid them, it just means putting out some expense and effort. they crap on your car, don't park under trees or other tall structures. if you have to remove the tree from the property. there are ways around it.</div></div>

Are you serious???
For real???

The Chronic Liar
05-06-2008, 11:51 AM
I see nothing wrong with the last statement. You cannot say its crazier than the very first post.

J*B
05-06-2008, 12:05 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff198/Katch5/bird_poop.jpg
Aren't they just wonderful?!!
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff198/Katch5/car-covered-with-bird-crap.jpg

MaO3
05-06-2008, 12:06 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

bluekrissyspikes
05-06-2008, 12:20 PM
they might b messing your car with poop but your car is messing their lungs and health with it's pollution. at least you can wash off the poop.

A*lil*Loopy
05-06-2008, 12:28 PM
I love the birds. I listen for them in the morning and look forward to them. There is something sweet about their calls and to watch them is fascinating. I feed them and welcome them as they help keep down the bugs.

A little bird poop is nothing to get your knickers in a knot over, maybe putting effort into a real cause would help put that energy into a more useful place.

Peety
05-06-2008, 12:46 PM
Good one JB..

Andre
05-06-2008, 02:13 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I go outside this morning and there are lovely streaks of bird crap on the car and all over the side of the house.
There is nothing about birds I like. They are noisy filthy things. </div></div>

Thank your stars you weren't these people. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/ci_9146474?source=rss_viewed
They really hate birds.
"No birds were harmed in the process," Allison said.
Ya, sure!

Super Gram
05-06-2008, 02:48 PM
What are chimney swifts.........what kind of bird is that

Andre
05-06-2008, 02:54 PM
http://wildspace.ec.gc.ca/life.cfm?ID=CHSW&Page=Call&Lang=e

05-06-2008, 03:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Andre</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thank your stars you weren't these people. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif
http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/ci_9146474?source=rss_viewed
They really hate birds.
"No birds were harmed in the process," Allison said.
Ya, sure! </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Sorry...it's funny and not funny all at the same time.

Miles From Nowhere
05-06-2008, 03:39 PM
Bird crap will destroy the clear coat on your vehicle paint, especially if it bakes in a hot sun. It's not as easy as just washing it off. I guess I'm an "anti-avianist" myself. I have a neighbour that delights in feeding the pigeons, which only attracts more pigeons that crap everywhere. My normal parking space at my building is underneath a wire which the little turds perch on and bomb my Jeep. I have to move to a visitor space in the summer to save my paint.

05-06-2008, 03:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles From Nowhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a neighbour that delights in feeding the pigeons, which only attracts more pigeons that crap everywhere. </div></div>Call the cops. It's illegal to feed pigeons within city limits.

kitca
05-06-2008, 05:06 PM
well i feel that i hve to stick up for the birds also, i just love them. we have bird feeders at work for the seniors to watch and they can spend hours watching and listening and totally delighting in those little birds.

i totally agree that we are sure doing alot worse to their enviroment than the little bits of poop they give us! the habits of our society are killing them by the millions each year. Highrise lights left on in the cities, herbicides, pesticides, habitat loss, domestic cats, global warming, toxic chemical ponds... ...) so simba, you may have a wish of a birdless world come true sooner than you think!

now, after all that is said, i dont like poop on my car either, or stepping in dog poop in the park either - who does?

Macs II
05-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Birds,dogs,flies whatever .....all are just a nuisance.

Madmax
05-06-2008, 05:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Simba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So the car is nice and clean and shiny, the outside of the house is nice and clean and the windows. I go outside this morning and there are lovely streaks of bird crap on the car and all over the side of the house. Nice. I swear those frigg'in birds just sit in the trees just watching us clean the car and house and plan their damn attack. LOL!!
There is nothing about birds I like. They are noisy filthy things. They are nothing more than flying toilets as far as I'm concerned. End rant.</div></div>

Awe ... go wash it again and again and again... LOL

orchid
05-06-2008, 05:48 PM
why don't we just eliminate every single species that does something to inconvenience us. lets start with men...

Macs II
05-06-2008, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why don't we just eliminate every single species that does something to inconvenience us. lets start with men... </div></div>

Men rule ...men are superior ....so that won't happen /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Barry Morris
05-06-2008, 06:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why don't we just eliminate every single species that does something to inconvenience us. lets start with men... </div></div>

That would be interesting. That would eliminate man.

Barry Morris
05-06-2008, 06:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: orchid</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why don't we just eliminate every single species that does something to inconvenience us. lets start with men... </div></div>

Men rule ...men are superior ....so that won't happen /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

There's proof....

Barry Morris
05-06-2008, 06:33 PM
Bird story:

Didja hear about the pigeon who bragged to his buddies, "I just put a deposit on a new Cadillac!!!"

Barry Morris
05-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Somebody asked a pirate with a leg missing, a hand missing and an eye missing what happened.
"Arrgh, I lost me leg in a battle, me hand in a fight, and me eye to a pigeon pooping."
When told that pigeon poop would not put out an eye, he said, "Arrgh, I'd only had me hook for one day!!"

Simba
05-06-2008, 07:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A*lil*Loopy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love the birds. I listen for them in the morning and look forward to them. There is something sweet about their calls and to watch them is fascinating. I feed them and welcome them as they help keep down the bugs.

A little bird poop is nothing to get your knickers in a knot over, maybe putting effort into a real cause would help put that energy into a more useful place. </div></div>

Trust me I have.

kitca
05-06-2008, 07:27 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Somebody asked a pirate with a leg missing, a hand missing and an eye missing what happened.
"Arrgh, I lost me leg in a battle, me hand in a fight, and me eye to a pigeon pooping."
When told that pigeon poop would not put out an eye, he said, "Arrgh, I'd only had me hook for one day!!" </div></div>

now thats funny!!!

bluekrissyspikes
05-06-2008, 09:02 PM
macs, you will die a very lonely man

Macs II
05-06-2008, 09:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">macs, you will die a very lonely man </div></div>

perhaps....but at least it would be quiet and peaceful /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

jaydee
05-06-2008, 09:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">macs, you will die a very lonely man </div></div>

perhaps....but at least it would be quiet and peaceful /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

sounds like me too kinda shows already /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif
criticize, you choose youre enemies like i always say

Tutones
05-06-2008, 11:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles From Nowhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a neighbour that delights in feeding the pigeons, which only attracts more pigeons that crap everywhere. </div></div>Call the cops. It's illegal to feed pigeons within city limits. </div></div>

Yes, but Miles doesn't live within OUR city limits! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

jaydee
05-06-2008, 11:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Who?Me?</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Miles From Nowhere</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a neighbour that delights in feeding the pigeons, which only attracts more pigeons that crap everywhere. </div></div>Call the cops. It's illegal to feed pigeons within city limits. </div></div>

Yes, but Miles doesn't live within OUR city limits! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

nooooooooooo dont call the cops hes being nice by feeding them! why you so cruel

The Chronic Liar
05-06-2008, 11:48 PM
I think instead of putting down all the poor cats at the humane society we should let them free. They will take care of nuisance birds. A few stray cats have never cause problems

- the problems mentioned above exclude fleas, putting your housecat into heat, digging up your garden, eating your garbage, leaving mice at your door, meowing outside your window, causing dogs to bark and attacking you on your way to your car.

shadowjak
05-07-2008, 12:20 AM
The problem-Pigeons

The Solution- Crosman Tac 77 Elite Tactical Air Rifle .177 w/ Scope, Bipod, Laser, Flashlight & Case-1300 FPS

The end result-Pigeon pie
Ingredients
4-5 pigeons, drawn
salt and pepper
250g/8oz stewing beef
250g/8oz shortcrust pastry
beaten egg to glaze
2 tsp cornflour
300ml/10fl oz stock

Method
1. preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
2. Joint the birds into two breast joints and two leg joints each and stew the rest of the carcass in a little water to make stock for the gravy.
3. Cut the beef into small pieces and line a deep 20cm/8in pie dish with these.
4. Lay the pigeon joints on top, cover with water, add salt and pepper, then cover the pie dish with greased paper or aluminium foil. Place in the oven and simmer for 1 hours.
5. Remove from the oven and raise oven temperature to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
6. Cover the pie with the shortcrust pastry, brush the top with beaten egg, put back into the oven and bake until the pastry is golden brown.
7. Make a gravy by mixing 10g/2tsp cornflour with a little cold water and add to 300ml/10fl oz of the warmed stock. Allow to thicken while stirring, season and serve with the pie.

Simba
05-07-2008, 12:26 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Chaotic Chick
05-07-2008, 12:38 AM
Birds scare me as much as spiders do! *shudders* I can't look at their faces lol. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Macs II
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q104/Macs20006/222.jpg

Chaotic Chick
05-07-2008, 12:40 AM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif YOU ARE EVIL MACS! I screamed when I saw that, and almost peed myself.

Macs II
05-07-2008, 12:42 AM
I thought it was cute /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
05-07-2008, 12:46 AM
what is that an ant or a hornet???

Barry Morris
05-07-2008, 09:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">macs, you will die a very lonely man </div></div>

perhaps....but at least it would be quiet and peaceful /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

You think so?? I suggest a visit to a nursing home. Dying alone is not peaceful.

jaydee
05-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Macs doesnt like eating birds