PDA

View Full Version : math tutor - gd 10 acedemic

kitca
05-22-2008, 11:00 PM
hi, looking for a tudor who has an easy way of helping a gd. 10 student understand her math.

Macs II
05-22-2008, 11:05 PM
just word of advise ....do not get anyone from here...talk to the school and they will help you out.

jaydee
05-23-2008, 01:47 AM
i think i need to upgrade my math at college level though /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

dancingqueen
05-23-2008, 03:53 AM
I am a very strong Math student, and having understood it through multiple learning disabilities, I could offer some advice, but Macs is right, for actual hands on tutoring you are better off going through the school board

HBomb
05-23-2008, 04:49 PM
I'm in gr.11 uni math right now, but you should definitely go through the school for a tutor.

kitca
05-24-2008, 09:13 PM
thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
thanks. it was worth a shot.

HBomb
05-24-2008, 09:59 PM
Yeah, I'd offer to help since everything is fresh in my head but I don't know how well I'd be at teaching someone. What works for one person may not work for another eh?

jaydee
05-25-2008, 12:41 AM
math sucks.

dancingqueen
05-25-2008, 01:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
thanks. it was worth a shot. </div></div>

what kind of math? PM me I may be able to help. I understand math very well and did so with multiple learning disabilities. (I just know simple ways of explaining it) depending on what kind of course /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

jaydee
05-25-2008, 03:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kitca</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thanks, we did go through the school, and through another tutor also. we are just not having any luck getting a connection, she is too polite to tell them that she still isnt getting it. just need to find someone who she can connect with and 'get it'.
thanks. it was worth a shot. </div></div>

what kind of math? PM me I may be able to help. I understand math very well and did so with multiple learning disabilities. (I just know simple ways of explaining it) depending on what kind of course /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif </div></div>

math sucks

jaydee
05-25-2008, 03:25 AM
math is for weirdos

05-30-2008, 04:25 PM
POroblem for you guys that say "math sucks" is that anything in existence in the natural world is explainable using math.

jaydee
05-31-2008, 04:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">POroblem for you guys that say "math sucks" is that anything in existence in the natural world is explainable using math. </div></div>

if they cut math out of every course at school they would be a whole lot easier. Like i said before math is for a certain type of mind to condition it like a therapy and gets everyones mind on the same track, if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not)

houlegan
05-31-2008, 12:19 PM
Is there still a scholars learning centre? Maybe check with them?

dancingqueen
05-31-2008, 08:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie

jaydee
06-01-2008, 06:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao

jaydee
06-01-2008, 06:54 AM
Everyone should be able to understand math but it depends whos teaching it and what methods they use? maybe one person may not work for you but someone elses will?

dancingqueen
06-01-2008, 06:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

That's funny... I grew up with multiple learning disabilities. That's jst a cop-out Moochie </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao </div></div>

ADHDS was one of my learning disabilities that I have since been able to over-come /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif so, yes... it is a cop-out :p

jaydee
06-01-2008, 08:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if someones off track they wont understand it (disorders, med problems, what not) </div></div>

LOL well it sure doesnt help having to learn the systems and figures with a pre-blocked mind, lets say something like ADD??? and ok if not then its a cop-out lmao </div></div>

ADHDS was one of my learning disabilities that I have since been able to over-come /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif so, yes... it is a cop-out :p </div></div>

i found it hard to learn math with OCD

AmdWolfman
06-02-2008, 10:32 AM
what about english

jaydee
06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AmdWolfMan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what about english
</div></div>

I PASSED English fine.