PDA

View Full Version : Marinades!!

heintzman
05-24-2008, 02:40 AM
any great recipes for marindes? pork, chicken,, beef,,, lets hear it!!
my favorit steak marinade is:
1/2 c. oil
3 tbls. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt(or crushed garlic)
1 tbls. paprika
1 tsp. sugar ( and a pinch extra)
mix and pour over a top serloin , let sit up to 12 hrs.
grill to perfection.

kitca
05-24-2008, 11:13 AM
i use good old salad dressing. used to be zesty itallian, now its the greek feta. ive only used it for chicken though, and its fabulous.

BrAt
05-24-2008, 07:22 PM
Beer is also a great marinade for steak. Throw in some fresh, crushed garlic with the beer, let sit for an hour or 2... sprinkle on some grill seasoning and you're set for grillin'!

LettuceLady
05-25-2008, 11:04 AM
My husband does the same as kitca. Hes also used the sundried tomatoe salad dressing from Kraft. He does prefer the Greek and uses it for mostly pork.

goodasgold
05-26-2008, 08:19 PM
For pork chops I use 3 tblspoon of water and same for veggie oil and then I mix in some Greek spicing.

heintzman
05-27-2008, 02:30 AM
thanx for the original recipe, goodasgold..that is more of what i was looking for,,, not that the bottle of italian dressing,, or any other dressing isn't good ,,, it is... in a pinch,,, but i was looking for a more home made version of everyones marinades.

heintzman
05-27-2008, 02:44 AM
here is the best ever teriyaki marinade for chicken, beef, or pork,,:
1/2 c soy sauce
1/4 c white wine,,, ( drink the remaining contents of bottle )
1 tsp. ginger , finely grated
1 garlic clove(or more), crushed, or chopped,,,mood thing...
1 tbls. veggie oil
1/4 c. sugar,,,plus a little
mix ingredients in a bowl,,, pour over desired meat,,, marinate for at least 4 hrs... cook as desired.

heintzman
05-29-2008, 12:35 AM
just tried this tonite,,,
top sirloin salad

1 top sirloin steak
mix of salad greens

dressing;
3 tbls. balsamic vinegar
2 tble. olive oil
1 lg. clove garlic
1/2 tsp. salt and pepper/ each

recipe asked to brush before grilling , but i brushed and put in fridge for 3 hrs,,,before grilling , just before grilling,, rub on 2 tsp. fresh rosemary, and 1 tbls. fresh rosemary... grill to perfection. Also, slice a red onion, about 1//4 inch thick,,, brush with dressing and grill. separate rings to put on top of salad.
slice steak against grain, and put on top of salad,,, add crumbled bits of gorgonzola cheese ( my daughter skipped this part) and drizzle more of dressing on top!!
we also put pan fried mushrooms and tomatoes on ours...
was a great low carb meal!! i bought the container of spring mix, so it took me about 20 min. to prepare and serve this meal( not including the time the steak sat in the fridge)

EyelashExtensions
05-29-2008, 04:24 PM
olive oil
worchestire
Soy
Minced/crushed garlic
pepper
honey or brown sugar

I have no measurements I just throw it together. Works great on pork, chicken, or beef especially stir fry and over night marinade

Salad dressing 1 for summer
Parmesan
dill
vinegar
oil

Salad 2
Dressing...
balsamic vinegar
salt
pepper
olive oil
white sugar

salad part...(also works good with honey dijon PC dressing)
shelled sunflower seeds
mandarin orange pieces
mixed green salad
green onion
tomato
cucumber

jaydee
05-30-2008, 01:04 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm marinades for steaks..... I WANT STEAK NOW!!!!!