PDA

View Full Version : low blood presure

Giggle Squirt
05-25-2008, 10:39 PM
for as long as i can remember i have always had lowish blood pressure. (110/68)average it never really bothered me as a kid except when i would exert myself i wold get faint or faint. sometimes now when i go from sitting or standing i get faint. now that i am older i am trying to find long term effects of low blood pressure.i i have been told to increase my salt intake. is their any real danger of low blood pressure? i am average height and weight,and have a normal diet. even through both pregnancy's i had low blood pressure.

givememore
05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
It is normal to have low blood pressure in pregnancy, near the beginning and near the end, hence the reason that they really worry when BP is up in pregnancy. I also have low blood pressure constantly, mines about 104/68 average. I don't feel faint, just get the spins if I jump up really fast. It is called "orthostatic hypotension, or positional hypotension".There isn't a real danger for low BP. The older we get, the lower it will. Your heart is a healthy pump that doesn't have to use excessive force to pump the blood around the body. The more physically fit you are, the lower the BP. It all depends on the person, some feel faint with Bps like that, where others don't even if it is lower. If you continously feel sluggish or faint then ask your Dr., in the meantime, I would say you are healthy

jaydee
05-26-2008, 08:57 PM
mmmmmmmm bananas lower blood pressure (POTASSIUM) and drinkin vinegar thins out you blood