PDA

View Full Version : Israel 'has 150 nuclear weapons' Jimmy Carter

Barry Morris
05-28-2008, 03:17 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/7420573.stm

During the press briefing, Mr Carter expressed his support for Israel as a country, but criticised its domestic and foreign policy.

"One of the greatest human rights crimes on earth is the starvation and imprisonment of 1.6m Palestinians," he said.

ALSO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynWjYHP91gA&feature=related

GenX
05-28-2008, 05:39 PM
Jimmy Carter is also certifiably insane.

Now, what was your point again?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:04 PM
Jimmy Carter's new book is being widely criticized by people from across the political spectrum, including some who in the past had worked with or for Jimmy Carter. Here is a roundup of some of that criticism.

* Jimmy Carter Supports Terrorism against Israel

* Former Carter Center Member Says Jimmy Carter Condones Palestinian Terrorism

* Jommy Carter Supports Fascist Regimes

*Jimmy Carter Personally Pardoned a self-admitted Nazi Killer from deportation

• A Comprehensive Collection of Jimmy Carter's Errors

Jimmy Carter purports that "everything" in his new book is "completely accurate," and maintains (incorrectly) that the book's critics deal in straw man accusations and ad hominem attacks. But many if not most of the facts on which his book's premise rests are demonstrably false.

• Jimmy Carter Distorts Facts, Demonizes Israel in New Book

One gets the feeling after reading just a few pages that if [Carter] could have blamed Hurricane Katrina on Israel, he would have.

• S&S Stands Behind Carter (Publishers Weekly)

Andrea Levin, executive director of CAMERA, which describes itself as a nonpartisan media watchdog organization, said she and her association don’t take issue with Carter’s stance but, rather, with his handling of history. “We have nothing to argue with about his opinions,” she said. “What we’re talking about are issues of fact.” ...

When asked whether S&S will change the book, Rothberg said: “We’re going to stick with the president’s version.”

• Jimmy Carter's "Settlement Freeze" Deception

Jimmy Carter has consistently and falsely claimed that during the Camp David negotiations Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin agreed to a settlement freeze to last the duration of subsequent peace talks, and that Begin violated this unwritten agreement. ...

[But] Begin promised and delivered a three month freeze, and further, Jimmy Carter knows this.

• Carter Admits to Ignoring Key Source

Not only did Carter ignore the authoritative source on what transpired at the Camp David negotiations, he apparently also didn't bother to consult news reports from the era.

• NPR's Fresh Air Allows Carter to Revise History While Smearing Israel

... Terry Gross, host of "Fresh Air," interviewed Carter and allowed all his falsehoods to pass unchallenged, one-by-one. The broadcast was also filled with incendiary language and misleading charges.

• Time Inc. Turns to Propagandist for Book Intro

It is wrong to treat a partisan activist—especially one whose views are on the extreme end of the spectrum of a contentious debate—as a credible and objective expert. Yet Time Inc. turned to Jimmy Carter for its book on the Middle East.

• Historian Severs Association with Carter Center Over Distorted Book

Professor Kenneth Stein of Emory University denies having anything to do with "the research, preparation, writing, or review of President Carter's recent publication," which he charges is "replete with factual errors, copied materials not cited, superficialities, glaring omissions, and simply invented segments" and resigns his 23-year association with the Carter Center.

• On CNN, Many More Carter Fabrications

The sheer number of factual errors in these two CNN appearances suggests that Carter either has scant knowledge of the facts, or little desire to truthfully discuss those facts.

• Another Emory Professor Denounces Carter

Professor Melvin Konner declined an advisory position at the Carter Center, and wrote of the former president that "Something has happened to his judgment. I don't understand what it is, but I know it is very dangerous. At a minimum, his legacy is irrevocably tarnished ..."

• Mass Resignations from Carter Center

Fourteen members of the Carter Center advisory board have resigned after concluding that the Center’s founder, former president Jimmy Carter, has turned to "malicious advocacy" for the Palestinians and against Israel.

LINK (http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/RevokeJimmyCartersPeacePrize/)

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:06 PM
One could say the same for the current President.

Speaking on a cloudy day at Falcon Stadium, the president compared the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan to America's earlier conflicts, particularly World War II.

"Our nation is once again contending with an ideology that seeks to sow anger, hatred and despair: the ideology of Islamic extremism," he said.

"In today's struggle, we are once again facing evil men who despise freedom and despise America and aim to subject millions to their violent rule.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/05/28/bush.commencement/index.html

The war in Iraq and Afghanistan does not even remotely come close to WWII.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:07 PM
In other words, you can't stick up for Carter.

Good, that's the point I was making.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:09 PM
I never said I did stick up for Carter. Just pointing out that he is not alone.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Good, so my point stands.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
And so does mine.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:13 PM
No, no it does not.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:14 PM
How does it not, explain yourself.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Self-explanatory.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Try to come up with something better then that.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:18 PM
Very self-explanatory

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:20 PM
So you honestly think your war against terrorism is the same as the war against Nazi Germany?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
No, I think the war against Nazi Germany is the same as the war against terrorism.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
Based on what similarities?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:23 PM
In that, they are alike.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:24 PM
That means they must share similarities. Show me some similarities?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Well, war.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:27 PM
What else?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Well, guns.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Those are pretty poor comparisons.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Well, shoot me.

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Even Larry can do better then that.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:32 PM
Well...

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:33 PM
Exactly.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Does ice cream have bones?

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:34 PM
Do bones have ice cream?

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:36 PM
http://daisydownunder.com/images/mem1.jpg

http://blog.cleverly.com/misc/ice-cream-cone.gif

Hans
05-28-2008, 06:37 PM
Surely, you jest.

GenX
05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Well...

Verotik
05-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Why is it that americans feel the need to toot israel's horn all the time.

Barry Morris
05-29-2008, 08:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: verotik667</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Why is it that americans feel the need to toot israel's horn all the time. </div></div>

Good question. Heaven knows they have no influence in American politics.

GenX
05-31-2008, 01:30 PM
Israel needs protection.

Looking to Canada instead of the U.S. for protection is like asking a poodle to be your watchdog when there is a perfectly good Doberman tight next door.

Barry Morris
05-31-2008, 03:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">....there is a perfectly good Doberman tight next door. </div></div>

How true, how true, Drunk with power.

GenX
06-01-2008, 06:31 PM
Doberman's drink???