PDA

View Full Version : well, lets see

jaydee
05-29-2008, 09:05 AM
question: do you think it would be ok going to an interview dressed nice but with scruff beard?

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 09:07 AM
No.

jaydee
05-29-2008, 09:09 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No. </div></div>

awww why not? even if its not a public interaction job, a behind the scenes job?

GoldDogs
05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
Shave

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 09:11 AM
It doesn't matter what kind of job it is. You need to make sure you make the best impression on them. Object X has to shave for his meeting today and he is going to complain but I will tie him down if I have to. lol He wants to grow a beard because I made him shave it off. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

jaydee
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Yorkie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shave </div></div>

aww but i like my scruff /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cry.gif

KRP
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Doesn't matter if it's a behind the scene job, you want to present youself in a clean and neat manner. Takes only a few extra min. to to shave, those little details are a positive note to the employer.

Calis
05-29-2008, 09:13 AM
It's simple. If a person cannot take a little bit of time to groom themselves, and try to look presentable, why should an employer take the time to hire you?

This is just gonna turn into a cry baby I don't have a job thread and I have no idea why I am actually responding.

But yes... you could be wearing a $10,000 suit, but if you look like a long haired dog is on your face, prolly won't work out.

jaydee
05-29-2008, 09:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">but if you look like a long haired dog is on your face, prolly won't work out. </div></div>

its not that bad! lmao

Jackie B
What do you like more, your "scruff" or getting a job? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

jaydee
Calis is Turkish

Calis
05-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Calis is not Turkish, but Calis is one thing your not.. employed.

jaydee
05-29-2008, 09:18 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Calis</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Calis is not Turkish, but Calis is one thing your not.. employed. </div></div>

whoa, whered that come from?

jaydee
but i feel more comfortable with the scruff

Chaotic Chick
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jackie B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you like more, your "scruff" or getting a job? I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to that. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

I am pretty sure I do too.

Seriously, moooochi do you need to ask if you need to shave for an interview? That would be why you fail them. That's like me asking if I should brush my hair for an interview. Or maybe I should leave it messy and crazy looking?

GoldDogs
05-29-2008, 09:22 AM
Shave.

Misschix
05-29-2008, 09:24 AM
attention [censored]

J*B
05-29-2008, 09:28 AM
Most normal people that are looking for or going to work have a shower/shave every morning, employers don't appreciate scruffy looking, just makes them think you are lazy.
Nuff said!!

bluekrissyspikes
05-29-2008, 09:31 AM
yup. you should definitely shave that carpet off yer face. it's not so bad if a guy has hair on his face if he keeps it neatly groomed and styled in a way that is fashionable. but most guys can't figure out how to do it well, so it's better to just not.

KRP
05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Most normal people that are looking for or going to work have a shower/shave every morning, employers don't appreciate scruffy looking, just makes them think you are lazy.
Nuff said!!
</div></div>

At least if he doesn't shave and that is the impression the employer gets of him, it won't be a false impression but a pretty accurate one.

J*B
05-29-2008, 09:34 AM
Uh huh ..and no job call for Moooochi..

But that's the way uh huh uh huh he likes it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Peety
05-29-2008, 09:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yup. you should definitely shave that carpet off yer face. it's not so bad if a guy has hair on his face if he keeps it neatly groomed and styled in a way that is fashionable. but most guys can't figure out how to do it well, so it's better to just not. </div></div>

I agree with you..I think a smooth face is nice..

jaydee
05-29-2008, 10:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Uh huh ..and no job call for Moooochi..

But that's the way uh huh uh huh he likes it! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/no_no.gif thats not the way mooochi likes it

KRP
05-29-2008, 10:24 AM
A clean appearance and not speaking of yourself in the 3rd person is a good thing.

jaydee
05-29-2008, 10:25 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JKnxdk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and not speaking of yourself in the 3rd person is a good thing. </div></div>

id never do it for real

jaydee
05-29-2008, 10:26 AM
i just think the 3rd person takes alot of nervousness off you!

Barry Morris
05-29-2008, 10:28 AM
1: Shave
2: Get the job
3: Make yourself valuable to them
4: Grow the beard back!!!

Simple!!

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 10:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Barry Morris</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1: Shave
2: Get the job
3: Make yourself valuable to them
4: Grow the beard back!!!

Simple!! </div></div>

There you go mooooch take Barry's advice.

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 10:55 AM
That is good advice, Barry and pretty much what I told my husband when he decided not to be an at home daddy anymore and get back to work. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif He looked so sad when he shaved off the beard but he survived.

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 12:01 PM
people should never grow facial hair. Period. Men should have short hair, women should have long hair. Those are the facts of life. follow those and you will do alright.

nickolai
05-29-2008, 12:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">people should never grow facial hair. Period. Men should have short hair, women should have long hair. Those are the facts of life. follow those and you will do alright. </div></div>

No way! There are TONS of people that NEED facial hair! Can you imagine a highway patrol officer without a mustache? I sure can't! How about Abe Lincoln without a beard? Santa Clause would be "Santa Sucks" without a beard. A married person who follows the teachings of Muhammad MUST have a beard. These are just examples of "acceptable facial hair".

However, having been clean shaved and scruffy I can tell you this for a fact. Things taste better with a beard. I look less fat. I look tougher and meaner... but best of all women leave me alone.

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 12:54 PM
hey, those are the facts of life. I have no control over them /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif
you just gotta follow them. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

nickolai
05-29-2008, 12:59 PM
Women hate men with beards... that is a definite fact. LoL

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 01:07 PM
yes, it is hardwired into their DNA. That should be a sign /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Braccarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women hate men with beards... that is a definite fact. LoL </div></div>

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I hate beards. BLUCK!!!

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 01:16 PM
Well, a beard hides my husband's multiple chins and the ugly all at once so I am a fan of them!

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif your such a nerd CC but I love it!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 01:19 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif Nerd? Me? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:20 PM
Yes you /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif you make my guts giggle sometimes.

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 01:21 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif I am glad I can be of service my dear. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

The Chronic Liar
05-29-2008, 01:23 PM
There is a women who has a full beard that I saw here in the sault. It wasn't long but it was thick. It takes about 20 seconds of staring at it before you can look away. I feel bad because i'm sure its some kind of condition but I don't understand why she doesn't shave it. It just may have been that she grows one for the playoffs or something but if not then I feel bad for her.

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
people think that if you shave hair it comes back thicker. But that is a myth.
That's prolly why R B

The Chronic Liar
05-29-2008, 01:31 PM
Then she must have shaved it every day since she was 5 and decided to stop now

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 01:33 PM
LOL

J*B
05-29-2008, 01:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Braccarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women hate men with beards... that is a definite fact. LoL </div></div>

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I hate beards. BLUCK!!! </div></div>

Would you rather get stubble burn?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R B</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a women who has a full beard that I saw here in the sault. It wasn't long but it was thick. It takes about 20 seconds of staring at it before you can look away. I feel bad because i'm sure its some kind of condition but I don't understand why she doesn't shave it. It just may have been that she grows one for the playoffs or something but if not then I feel bad for her. </div></div>

It was a $50 bet. How could I turn that down?

J*B
05-29-2008, 01:41 PM
Gee I don't know!!.. lol

The Chronic Liar
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif so you're that kind of person eh? Anything for 50 bucks. I agree with you, you can put a price on shame and pride and often it only takes 5 dollars

J*B
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
lmao, you asked for that one!!!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SusyQ</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Braccarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women hate men with beards... that is a definite fact. LoL </div></div>

I can't speak for anyone else but I know I hate beards. BLUCK!!! </div></div>

Would you rather get stubble burn?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

Oh yeah baby! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

KRP
05-29-2008, 01:48 PM
Some facial hair on men is alright, as long as it is well kept and not growing low and scraggly. There are some that look better with a little facial hair and there are some that look better with none.

I'm not a fan of a full beard but I do like the look of a well kept goatee on some men.

J*B
05-29-2008, 01:50 PM
Well I like my beard although it's not a full one.. and I think it will be staying put even though it makes me look 10 yrs older!!
Women seem to like it a lot too!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Otherwise I have to shave twice a day /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Money is money lol.

Actually, I went to get my eyebrows waxed one time and the woman asked me, "Who waxes your upper lip?" I looked at her for a minute, shocked. I said, "What the HELL do you mean by that?" She said, "You don't get it waxed? Most women I see have facial hair. You are lucky to not have to do that". I was in shock. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

SusyQ
05-29-2008, 01:52 PM
A full beard NO a little fuzz okey dokey.

MaO3
05-29-2008, 01:56 PM
While I'm not a fan of facial hair, I think it depends on the face. My husband -- mustach no beard, but we have a friend who has always had a really nice full beard. In 30 years I've seen him once without it and he looks strange. Much better with it.

My oldest leaves some facial hair and he looks good with it, or with out it. I guess it depends on the person and the Face.

The Chronic Liar
05-29-2008, 01:57 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Money is money lol.

Actually, I went to get my eyebrows waxed one time and the woman asked me, "Who waxes your upper lip?" I looked at her for a minute, shocked. I said, "What the HELL do you mean by that?" She said, "You don't get it waxed? Most women I see have facial hair. You are lucky to not have to do that". I was in shock. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>

believe it or not that was my old pick up line. She stole it from me but she can keep it since i got my new one 'with a tan that beautiful nobody will ever notice how bushy your eyebrows are'

J*B
05-29-2008, 01:58 PM
This is very true, some people look very strange without a beard!!

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 02:28 PM
name one person

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 02:30 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is very true, some people look very strange without a beard!! </div></div>

My husband does to me lol. He looks way different without it, and also looks his age, making me feel like an old lady. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

J*B
05-29-2008, 02:32 PM
Awwwww, you'll survive if he shaves it off for some reason!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Chaotic Chick
05-29-2008, 02:33 PM
He had to shave today to go and see a client and so far I have survived. Then again, I saw him for half an hour after he did it then he had to leave. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

bluekrissyspikes
05-29-2008, 03:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">name one person
</div></div>

my dad looks really weird when he has no facial hair. plus you can see all the scars he has and burn marks. so for him a beard is good but i have told him many times to keep it trimmed or he looks like a grizzly bear.

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
maybe to you it looks weird, but I will bet dollars to dougnuts he still looks better shaved than with a beard, unless he is a strange anomoly

bluekrissyspikes
05-29-2008, 03:06 PM
no. it's cause he has burns all over his face

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 03:07 PM
well, I will have to take your word for it.. but assuming this is true, that is one man out of millions that look better with no facial hair

bluekrissyspikes
05-29-2008, 03:11 PM
hey, i totally agree. most guys shouldn't be hairy. i don't like the shaggy look. but i don't like the look of deep burns and scars either.

dancingqueen
05-29-2008, 03:24 PM
sometimes scars are hot

bluekrissyspikes
05-29-2008, 03:42 PM
Moochi, how did the interview go?

J*B
05-29-2008, 04:26 PM
I wonder which one of his alter ego's was interviewing him?? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

lynys
05-29-2008, 04:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Braccarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Women hate men with beards... that is a definite fact. LoL </div></div>

My man is super sexy when he is unshaven for a few days. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/blush.gif

Barry Morris
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dancingqueen</div><div class="ubbcode-body">people should never grow facial hair. Period. Men should have short hair, women should have long hair. Those are the facts of life. follow those and you will do alright. </div></div>

Facial hair is the way God made me.

You have a problem with that??? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

J*B
05-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Wow, he must be to say it twice! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Barry Morris
05-29-2008, 04:35 PM

Got 36 years of proof yer wrong!!!

lynys
05-29-2008, 04:35 PM
LOL. For some reason, that was a Soonet issue, because I hit send once.

Barry Morris
05-29-2008, 04:36 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I like my beard although it's not a full one.. and I think it will be staying put even though it makes me look 10 yrs older!!
Women seem to like it a lot too!! /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif
Otherwise I have to shave twice a day /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif </div></div>

The advantage of the ten years older is that you'll look the same age for decades!!!