PDA

View Full Version : Only in the US!

Hans
06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
NORTH OAKS, Minn. -- This small, private community north of St. Paul enforces its trespassing ordinance, and Google Maps is no exception.

The website's "street view" allows users to see what a certain address or intersection looks like on the ground, but the option is no longer available in North Oaks after city officials demanded that Google remove the images.

The roads in the city of about 4,500 are owned by the residents, and "no trespassing" signs are located at the city's entrances.

So, when city officials found out images of residents' homes could be found on Google Maps, they took action.

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNews/story/CTVNews/20080602/Google_maps_080602/20080602?hub=SciTech

I want to go there on a holiday. Hopefully I don't get shot trying to enter this city!

GenX
06-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Very popular thread.

Lots of comments.

GenX
06-05-2008, 01:01 PM
The Canadian dollar fell for a fifth day, its longest losing streak in almost five months, before a report tomorrow that may show job growth slowed last month.

Canada's dollar has declined 2.5 percent so far this week on concern that slowing economic growth will prompt the Bank of Canada to cut borrowing costs next week. Employers probably hired the fewest new workers in May than in any month this year. The economy unexpectedly shrank in the first quarter.

``The employment report tomorrow and the Bank of Canada's rate decision are major risk events for the Canadian dollar,'' said Matthew Strauss, a senior currency strategist at RBC Capital Markets in Toronto, a unit of Canada's largest bank. ``The Canadian dollar bulls are dealing with the negative growth in the first quarter, a recent sell-off in crude oil and the general U.S. dollar strength.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=a81UD_m_k0Sc&refer=canada

Jack Butler
06-05-2008, 02:02 PM
Your a loser, Buzzard.
There is no other word for it.
The thread had one post and you couldn't say on topic.
I realize a Buzzard has a small forehead, but come no!

GenX
06-05-2008, 05:58 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I realize a Buzzard has a small forehead, but come no! </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Mr. Knoff is dyslexic!

Jack Butler
06-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Do you have something to say about the thread?

Driftwood
06-05-2008, 09:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: R W G R</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The Canadian dollar fell for a fifth day, its longest losing streak in almost five months, before a report tomorrow that may show job growth slowed last month.

Canada's dollar has declined 2.5 percent so far this week on concern that slowing economic growth will prompt the Bank of Canada to cut borrowing costs next week. Employers probably hired the fewest new workers in May than in any month this year. The economy unexpectedly shrank in the first quarter.

``The employment report tomorrow and the Bank of Canada's rate decision are major risk events for the Canadian dollar,'' said Matthew Strauss, a senior currency strategist at RBC Capital Markets in Toronto, a unit of Canada's largest bank. ``The Canadian dollar bulls are dealing with the negative growth in the first quarter, a recent sell-off in crude oil and the general U.S. dollar strength.''

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601082&sid=a81UD_m_k0Sc&refer=canada </div></div>

this has nothing to do with the thread, lol.

dancingqueen
06-06-2008, 11:26 AM
wow... imagine... a city that fights to protect your rights... I cannot fathom such a world... oh ya, I live in S.S.M, Ontario, Canada that's why /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Hans
06-06-2008, 11:37 AM
What's the point of having a city if you are going to close it off to outsiders?

nickolai
06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
Whats the point of doing your lawn if nobody can look at it? Whats next they sue the neighbor across the street for uncomfortable leering?

Hans
06-06-2008, 12:53 PM
How do they receive mail?

dancingqueen
06-06-2008, 12:59 PM
I am sure that the mail man and paper boy are aloud in the city... I don't think it is unreasonable for these people to ask that their property is not privy to the general public of the whole world... I personally don't care, but some people do

Hans
06-06-2008, 01:41 PM
A city is not your property.