PDA

View Full Version : chameleon plant

yoda
06-05-2008, 11:55 AM
I have been looking for this groundcover plant at the local stores and I am unable to find it. Does anyone have an idea where i can find it? It looks like an ivy with traces of red or pink on the leaves.

LadyNina
06-06-2008, 09:19 AM
I googled a pic of it to see what it was. I bought one similar to it a couple years ago at New North. The green in mine are a lighter shade, almost a mint color, and the colored accents are also more pink than purple.
I dont know what it's called, and I couldnt find a picture of it, but it was available in their perennial garden, and it's thrived for me for a couple years now.
Possibly the lady at the greenhouse could help you find one? I've brought her pictures and names of plants I have wanted, and she's never failed me yet. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

yoda
06-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I will take a ride out there this weekend. I have never been out there yet, but I have heard some very good things about them.

LadyNina
06-07-2008, 01:00 AM
It's for sure worth the ride. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I have also ordered plants through Vesseys. http://www.veseys.com/ca/en/ You can sign up for their free catalogs. I get 2 or 3 a year.

NikandSuz
06-10-2008, 09:03 AM
I did see the chameleon plant at New North (it is like my second home)just in case you do not have one yet. It is really unique with it's red and green varigated leaves. It is worth the ride out there as they have great quality stuff.

yoda
06-10-2008, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the info. I will drive out tonight after work!

EyelashExtensions
06-24-2008, 01:29 PM
New North is evil!! Once you go in there is no getting out without a cart full of flowers!! Its so cool they should have tours!