PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Stupidity

GoldDogs
06-07-2008, 12:57 AM
So, I've been waiting to get reimbursed by work benefits health insurance people... (whatever they're called lol) very patiently. It wasn't a huge amount I'd be getting back but enough to have me excited to get it.

So, I check the mail tonight when I get home and there it is. It says, the amount will be Direct Deposited into my account by this date and so on and so forth.

... nice eh?

No. I did not give them my banking information when I applied for the benefits package, nor when I filed for the reimbursement. So I checked JUST to be sure thinking maybe my work gave them the information - although that seems somehow wrong - and no. There is just nothing there. How ridiculous is that? So now I have to wait until Monday to call in. Ugh. It isn't like, SUPER important but shouldn't they pay attention to what they are sending out?

Did they even SEND out money at all? Did it go to the wrong person? What the heck!

nickolai
06-07-2008, 01:13 AM
An insurance company not paying out..... go figure.

06-07-2008, 01:35 AM
Great-West by chance?

nickolai
06-07-2008, 01:38 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great-West by chance? </div></div>

hahahahha... somebody else duped by insurance companies!

dancingqueen
06-07-2008, 02:02 AM
it's probably a blanket statement... I would save my worry for if it is actually directly deposited as opposed to mailed out.

GoldDogs
06-07-2008, 02:10 AM
It wasn't directly deposited though, thats the problem. They don't have my banking information so how could the direct deposit it?

no, not great west.

dancingqueen
06-07-2008, 02:26 AM
like I said... just a blanket statement... something call center people say just to make you happier cause they think it will get you off the phone. I wouldn't worry about it unless they magically got it direct deposited... then I would be demanding answerers /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

06-07-2008, 03:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Braccarius</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Short _Circutz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great-West by chance? </div></div>

hahahahha... somebody else duped by insurance companies! </div></div>Nope...never had to deal with any claims

GoldDogs
06-07-2008, 09:05 AM
I wasn't on the phone, it was just a letter. I would have been more patient if I hadn't received anything. Or just a cheque.

KDawg
06-07-2008, 09:14 AM
The default payment method with big insurance companies is direct deposit, so like DQ said, you probably just received a form letter. I'm sure "the cheque's in the mail." lol.

I wouldn't sweat it.