PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Flute Guy

Cereal Killer
06-09-2008, 04:30 PM
Anyone going downtown over the last few months must have seen the flute player that has taken up residence there. Anyone know this guys story? Would be interested to know more about this chap.

He seems to be getting a regular following, I gave him some loose change the other day and noticed he had a good amount of coin there. Another interesting fella to add to the list of Sault personalities.

puppy
06-09-2008, 04:34 PM
where about's downtown is he playing?

Babzz
06-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I have never seen him. I would love to listen to his talent though. He on the board walk?

Jackie B
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
My hubby's office is right by where he plays, and hubby says he only knows one tune. Drives him up the wall day after day. LOL

Driftwood
06-09-2008, 05:36 PM
I saw him by Muios Sunday at about 11am.

Chaotic Chick
06-09-2008, 05:52 PM
I have seen some guy with a flute on the corner or Queen St in front of Bank of Montreal for a few weeks now. He is usually there from about 10 am until about 7 or 8 pm.

RuMoR
06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
I've seen him a couple of times, first time he was tooting away near the old Moorse Audio, so I gave em a toonie.. last time I saw him, he wasn't playing the flute though, I think he was attempting to sing. He was near RMH.. NCO.. what ever it's called these days.

Upper Decker
06-09-2008, 06:12 PM
i remember seeing him in front of the misanabee cree center playing the flute and doing a gay peter pan dance at the same time. i hadnt had a good laugh like that in a while.

Chaotic Chick
06-09-2008, 06:25 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bender the Offender</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i remember seeing him in front of the misanabee cree center playing the flute and doing a gay peter pan dance at the same time. i hadnt had a good laugh like that in a while. </div></div>

Don't you dance just like that?

Upper Decker
06-09-2008, 06:26 PM
Im not that talented. I cant dance,i cant play music.

Chaotic Chick
06-09-2008, 06:30 PM
When I have seen him on my way to work, I always thought he was playing one of those plastic recorder like my son has. I caught his "tune" for the first time on Friday going by on the bus. All I can say is he should keep practicing, whatever it is he is playing.

lynys
06-09-2008, 08:07 PM
I keep telling Keebler every time we see him that he could totally be a hobbit from Lord of the Rings. He has that hobbit look to him. He really should be putting some sunscreen on, because his skin is getting pretty badly beaten up.

And, that tune he plays gets in your head and is HARD to forget! I end up humming it for a while after hearing it.

jaydee
06-09-2008, 08:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lynys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep telling Keebler every time we see him that he could totally be a hobbit from Lord of the Rings. He has that hobbit look to him. He really should be putting some sunscreen on, because his skin is getting pretty badly beaten up.

And, that tune he plays gets in your head and is HARD to forget! I end up humming it for a while after hearing it. </div></div>

lynys likes bread

jaydee
06-09-2008, 08:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Puppy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where about's downtown is he playing? </div></div>

i never saw this guy

mothwoman
06-09-2008, 08:13 PM
Maybe he's the next Zamfir

bluekrissyspikes
06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
he lives a couple doors down from me. he plays his 'flute' all day and all night although he has a recorder and a harmonica too. he doesn't make a lot of sense and i don't think he knows any actual songs.

jaydee
06-09-2008, 08:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Succulencia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Maybe he's the next Zamfir </div></div>

Zafer Alacam?

lynys
06-09-2008, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lynys</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I keep telling Keebler every time we see him that he could totally be a hobbit from Lord of the Rings. He has that hobbit look to him. He really should be putting some sunscreen on, because his skin is getting pretty badly beaten up.

And, that tune he plays gets in your head and is HARD to forget! I end up humming it for a while after hearing it. </div></div>

lynys likes bread </div></div>

What? You need to lay off the crack Ricky.

jaydee
06-09-2008, 08:22 PM
I miss downtown Boston where these dudes were dancing in a square to the music of Michael Myers Halloween it was kinda cool it was like dusk and a warm day and they added some funky beats to it

jaydee
06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
also on Sparks Street in Ottawa we heard some nice Arabian music which was cool with the belly dancers.

Chaotic Chick
06-09-2008, 08:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluekrissyspikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he lives a couple doors down from me. he plays his 'flute' all day and all night although he has a recorder and a harmonica too. he doesn't make a lot of sense and i don't think he knows any actual songs. </div></div>

I am glad he didn't live around there when I did. I woulda smacked him with that "flute".

bluekrissyspikes
06-09-2008, 08:27 PM
lol...i don't really mind unless he right outside our yard. the kids think he is the coolest thing ever :rolleyes:

jaydee
06-10-2008, 07:48 PM
i finally saw this dude today!

Chaotic Chick
06-10-2008, 08:25 PM
I didn't see him today, which is odd.

Macs II
06-10-2008, 08:38 PM
mooochie must've scared him away

jaydee
06-10-2008, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">mooochie must've scared him away </div></div>

nahhh he wa at the Bruce building fluting away, dont know if it was raining then though

Chaotic Chick
06-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Sure, sure. You scared him.

And what the hell is the Bruce building? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif

jaydee
06-10-2008, 08:45 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sure, sure. You scared him.

And what the hell is the Bruce building? /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif </div></div>

you know the places by Bruce and Queen at the corner

Chaotic Chick
06-10-2008, 08:49 PM
The Davis building?

Macs II
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in.

jaydee
06-10-2008, 09:28 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Davis building? </div></div>

YES THATS IT

Chaotic Chick
06-10-2008, 09:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif Yep, that would definitely be the Davis building!

jaydee
06-10-2008, 09:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif Yep, that would definitely be the Davis building! </div></div>

what weirdo church a cult you mean?? dats where my dentist is

Macs II
06-10-2008, 09:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/rofl.gif Yep, that would definitely be the Davis building! </div></div>

what weirdo church a cult you mean?? dats where my dentist is </div></div>

I don't remember the name but it was in the news some time ago ..they bought the building and are turning it into a church or were suppose to anyway

jaydee
06-10-2008, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

I don't remember the name but it was in the news some time ago ..they bought the building and are turning it into a church or were suppose to anyway </div></div>

a church? its a commerical building

jaydee
06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
hey! maybe thats why the weird flute guy is in front of it, prolly gonna turn it into a satanic church prolly watch

Macs II
06-10-2008, 09:39 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

I don't remember the name but it was in the news some time ago ..they bought the building and are turning it into a church or were suppose to anyway </div></div>

a church? its a commerical building </div></div>not anymore LOL if it's the same building ....but they could be renting out offices in the building too

jaydee
06-10-2008, 09:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: moooochi</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chaotic Chick</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Macs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is that the corner where some weirdo church suppose to move in. </div></div>

a church? its a commerical building </div></div>not anymore LOL if it's the same building ....but they could be renting out offices in the building too </div></div>

from what i remember a few dentists were setup there, we used to go there quite a bit