PDA

View Full Version : Open Mic/Jam Nights???

Beatle
06-11-2008, 08:53 PM
Any bars in town have these nights anymore?? If so, where and when??

ByrdDawg
06-11-2008, 11:16 PM
The New American has a jam night every Thursday from 8.00 to midnight.

Usually more country oriented and old classic rock but everybody is welcome to come out.

Also the Moose Lodge apparently has a jam on Friday nights.

Stingray
06-12-2008, 08:23 PM
Alright! Let's go and watch some false teeth fly on to the dance floor! lmao

ByrdDawg
06-13-2008, 01:44 AM
I was just answering a question.

If you find it funny that musicians go to these jams that have been playing professional music in this town since before you learned to play the rattle, that's unfortunate.

Stingray
06-13-2008, 06:45 AM
chill dude. I wasn't refering to the musicians. Besides, most of the musicians I know would never hang out at the places you mentioned, yes there are a lot of good old timers who can play, however, just because some have been playing while I was still holding a rattle, doesn't necessarily mean that they're all good, lol

ByrdDawg
06-13-2008, 11:58 AM
Ok,, I'm chilled - i've never been to the Moose jam, but I do go pretty regularly to the New American jam night.

Some nights are busy and some are quiet, depends on who shows up.

We get players from 19 to way past 19 years old and it's not about who's the best.

If you're just learning to play and are tired of sitting in the basement strumming the same chords over and over again, it's a great place to go and meet people and learn new stuff - nobody judges and everyone has fun.

So, that's Thursday nights at the New American - any other night of the week, you won't find me "hanging out" there. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Tutones
06-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Blues Jam at the Water Tower on Wednesday nights - in the bar. I've gone a couple times and had a blast there.

AJ's Corner Pub has a jam on Saturday nights at 8pm as well - mostly country I think. I haven't been to this one but some friends of mine host it and they are mostly country oriented but open to different styles as well.

AND...

I've met some pretty talented Musicians passing through the New American on Jam Night as well as some regulars, like ByrdDawg, who could teach you a few new tricks. Played everything there from Bluegrass, Country, Blues to Alternative. It's a great group of people who are always welcome and appreciative to new people and new styles.

Stingray
06-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I'm sure there are a lot and many great musicians who show up at the new a to have a jam. The only reason why I said what I did earlier is because, the one and only time I played there, like 10 years ago, all I could remember was old intoxicated retired folks on the dance floor who could barely stand up, and I do remember some false teeth flying around at some point and the stench of old sticky booze lurking up from the floor.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif

Greenman
06-13-2008, 09:02 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stingray</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> all I could remember was old intoxicated retired folks on the dance floor who could barely stand up, and I do remember some false teeth flying around at some point.
/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif </div></div>
Sounds like a good place to pick up chicks. /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/lol.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/purpbanana.gif /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/beerchug.gif

HBomb
06-13-2008, 09:03 PM
Hahaha. Where's some good rock jam nights? Blues and country is good, but I'm a young one and I like to play rock music.

rmkryan
06-13-2008, 09:11 PM
I'm a drummer if anyone wants to jam tonight! Can play bass and guitar too /ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif